I Am Signed In Under Someone Else'S Account?

whybother

this is my personal computer. i went to sleep last night signed into thaivisa under my normal user name. woke up this morning and it's signed in under a different name. i have secure wireless. i think it's a bug in the system unless someone broke into my house and opened my computer which is 3 feet from my bed.

:blink:

Do you remember who's ID you got? (you may wish to PM this information for privacy). Who is your ISP.

I've had instances (on other boards not TV) of getting the wrong account suspectedly due to ISP caching.

Moving this to Forum Support where those who know can investigate.

I was logged in under "WhyBother". Chunky1 is my normal account.

I refreshed the browser and was then logged out.

Checked my router for logging and appears to be no other IP's accessing my wireless. I checked my computer and no saved passwords to Thai Visa under this account.

Pretty sure this is on TV's end, not mine.

Edited by Chunky1

err, this is real 'damaja' and i actually experienced the inverse myself... went to ThaiVisa to post to a topic then suddenly realised I was signed in as 'whybother'!?

Obviously I have no idea about how/why. I didn't do a sign in (usually just stay logged in) and have never even come across the user before, let alone know password etc.

Has to be a ThaiVisa cock up! Glad I don't have any important info stored on here, cos it's clearly not secure and is being messed about atm :S

You are both appear to be using the same ISP (or at least the same IP pool) so I strongly suspect it's a caching issue.

Like I noted previously it's happened to me before on a different board, in that case the other chap changed ISP when he moved house and the issue went away.

I'll ask Admin to look into it more but I don't know how much we can do from our end.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just logged in after not being on TV for some time and in ''my posts'' there seem to be a couple of posts which I clearly did not make myself.

So if the mods/admin are saying that the True proxy is no good, how do we change that? (I realize that we're not allowed to ask about using proxy servers, but could somebody PM me then about it? I mean, if it's not working out the way it is currently, obviously something has to be done about it, right?)

• 4 weeks later...

Afraid its a True proxy issue and something you need to contact them about, afraid its not something we can fix on our side.

Not much of an expert on this kind of thing tbh, you might try posting in the internet forum about true proxy issues and see what advice you can get, sorry :(

All Thai ISP's deploy seamless proxy servers. These are proxy servers that your traffic is automatically guided through. The purpose is to cache content so that if a user receives webpage from somewhere it is stored (cached) in the proxy server, then when the next user comes around asking for the same page he will get the cached version rather than going to the website to get the same page again. This saves traffic for the ISP's.

Normally for authenticated content such as forums, ebanking etc. it should not cache the content but go directly to the website to get the correct content. This is where True's proxy server seems to have a problem, and why there isn't much we at Thaivisa can do about it.

If this is indeed the problem in this case one way to get around it is by using a VPN which would force your traffic to bypass the ISP proxy server. Or of course, change ISP, but that is usually a bit more difficult.

The exact same thing just happened to me!:blink: I actually posted (as whybother) before I noticed that I wasn't signed in as otherstuff.

I'm using True also. :ermm:

Yep ... I (the real whybother) actually switched over to you (otherstuff) too. :o

Also using True.