Tenancy Protection

Yea, and try and do somthing about it.

They will be happy to inform you of their, brother the cop or best friend at Immigration or.... just make your life miserable.

Ya got to learn to take a few losses once in a while.

been here for 5 years and and the losses never seem to cease. rather than just sit on my arse and do nothing like the thais do, I have to do what I can to survive. and you're right, sometimes the odds are just too much against you as maybe in this situation.

my neighbour..young american guy just moved out. he got back just 6,000 baht out the 22,500 baht deposit that he paid. really nice block...kept the place clean. absolute daylight robbery and the same is going to happen to me when i move I bet.

Name any Thai landlord who pays taxes on the rental charged to foreigners. I suggest most do not. They are thus breaking the law.

Do not mention the foregoing; but simply suggest to them that if your deposit is not returned in full, you will ask the Tourist police to request the deposit on your behalf.

Your deposit should be immediately forthcoming. Caveat, before doing this ensure your possesions etc are all free of the accomodation, such that once deposit is in hand you walk away without a forwarding address.