Apexi Turbo Timer On Commonrail

weet

Hi guys

am wondering has anyone of you installed the above on your ride? any feedback so far?

im considering buying this for my isuzu mu7 but am afraid wiring compatibility may be an issue.

also worries that the workshop in bkk may have trouble figuring out which wire to connect given the manuals r in english and jap mostly.

DSC05140.JPG

advice anyone? :)

I"ve fitted a Turbo to a mazda MX-5 in the UK. I was, as you, are worried about the wiring as i am not an electrician, so planned on getting an auto electrician to do it

But i took the plunge & when it came to the wiring & did it myself, i did have issues, but fortunately there was a telephone help line,which i called on many ocassions.

I suggest contacting the manufacturer if you think you could do it yourself. Having said that, i'm sure many turbo timers have been fitted by Thai auto electricians in the past, so maybe just asking them if they are able would be the first step..

All the best.

Chris

Save your money and simply leave it ticking over for a minute before you switch the motor off if you are thrashing the tits out of it. If driving it normally then it doesn't need this device. if it did it would already be fitted as standard :D

Save your money and simply leave it ticking over for a minute before you switch the motor off if you are thrashing the tits out of it. If driving it normally then it doesn't need this device. if it did it would already be fitted as standard :D

Agree, sorry to mention it yet again but synthetic oil is additional insurance. :)

the more cool down time on turbo, the longer lifetime. 200k km should be normal, 4-500k km is obtainable, typical for taxis

after normal low rev driving it takes at least 5 minutes idle to reduce to non cooking oil temp inside turbo nomatter quality of oil

Vn turbos are pricy, so a timer is a good investment. in addition AC is running while you take a piss or stop at 7eleven :)

Thanks All for your tips n Advice! Guess I just need to find an installer that has experience in wiring up turbo timers to fix it up for me..

I'm sure a timer serves it's purpose in cooling the turbo and engine down..