US diplomat kills three Pakistanis in Lahore

News_Editor

Anyone who can shoot and kill two guys on a moving motorcycle with a pistol is a pretty good shot. I mean a real good shot. Although I only assume it was a pistol I have never seen a diplomat carry an assault rifle. Crowded street, people riding motorcycles everywhere, run over one guy with your car and shoot dead two others without hitting innocent bystanders. The dude has some heavy training me thinks.

Your quite right he would have to be bloody good shot how close was he? over 10 mtrs accuracy of a standard handgun is very low especially at moving targets/.

With a proper training you wouldn't nearly empty your magazine and pump 7 bullets at 2 "soft targets". Probably more a case of luck that he didn't kill or hit any innocent bystanders like the other car driver did.

That aren't some super special secret agents with the best abilities but more likely some stupid testosterone cowboys.

That "stupid testosterone cowboy" is a good shot. Six of seven on target in a stressful situation.

According to some reports the motorbike was stationary at traffic lights, so maybe not so difficult, but I don't really see what his shooting ability has to do with anything here because he was using an unauthorised firearm in a foreign country, to kill 2 people. This action could very easily get him hung.

Not a wise move.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got the CIA's paw prints all over this one. Embassy staff carrying guns in public, barking mad.

http://www.usatoday....036205597_x.htm

Barking mad? LOL Back in 1995 three US diplomats were killed by a gunman in Karachi while waiting in traffic. It would be "barking mad" NOT to have your own protection.

I see sledgehammer like subtlety isn't lost on you and flying. :)

Okay, playing ball now. I would be amazed if all Embassy staff with the exception of maintainence workers in these dangerous countries weren't all well trained 'operatives' with the means to defend themselves. The US would certainly take the lead on this.

You mean you think they learned something when the American embassy in Iran (52 people) were held hostage for 444 days a few years ago by that civilized country? Maybe?

It's got the CIA's paw prints all over this one. Embassy staff carrying guns in public, barking mad.

http://www.usatoday....036205597_x.htm

Barking mad? LOL Back in 1995 three US diplomats were killed by a gunman in Karachi while waiting in traffic. It would be "barking mad" NOT to have your own protection.

I see sledgehammer like subtlety isn't lost on you and flying. :)

Okay, playing ball now. I would be amazed if all Embassy staff with the exception of maintainence workers in these dangerous countries weren't all well trained 'operatives' with the means to defend themselves. The US would certainly take the lead on this.

You mean you think they learned something when the American embassy in Iran (52 people) were held hostage for 444 days a few years ago by that civilized country? Maybe?

Armed, only when out for a walkies.