Getting An Electric Meter

Hi, a friend has rented a place for the year. Went off on a travel about and the person who was to look after the electric and other bills hasn't so he has come back to no water and no electric meter. He went straight down to the PEA office and they said no problem just need passport copy which he gave them and deposit for meter.

Still no meter so back to office. They need company papers now, no problem back home and company papers and work permit.

Still no meter, so back again. Need audited, up to date copy of company papers. No problem, off to lawyers and new updated papers.

Still no meter or electric so back yet again. Need Tabian Baan book. He doesn't have this and the owner of the house is away in Europe so anybody have any idea where he goes from here ? Cheers in advance people :D

When a permanent meter (houses with tabien baan issued) is removed by PEA due to no pay, all you need to do is to show meter ID (last bin) and pay outstanding balance pluss disconnection fee. No other docs required.

How to find tabien baan copy? if owner has a car or motorbike, a copy should be obtainable from DLT files. Bank files. Finance company files. Watersuppliers files.

KBB cheers but they guy has offered to pay the outstanding bill and the connection fee and leave a deposit to cover any other discrepancies but the woman isn't having any of it. Just a

" rules is rules " Mentality. The joys of living in Thailand I suppose :D

KBB cheers but they guy has offered to pay the outstanding bill and the connection fee and leave a deposit to cover any other discrepancies but the woman isn't having any of it. Just a

" rules is rules " Mentality. The joys of living in Thailand I suppose :D

I know several PEA does not issue meters to co ltd and foreigners any more, due to lack of payment, so thai ID card holders only.

What your friend experience could be a part of this.

It is my experience that The PEA want their palms greased more than anybody in any institution I have come across in Thailand. And then things are done begrudgingly. Best advice is get a Thai person to sort it out for you, but dont expect it to be cheap. :(

Edited by tomhuayyai