Pollution

blabla1

If anyone cares to check out the frequency and locations of fires, you can do so by subscribing here:

http://www.geoportal.org/web/guest/geo_resources_details?p_p_id=vrdPortlet_WAR_geoportal&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-2&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=2&_vrdPortlet_WAR_geoportal_rid=1176

You can focus reports on an area surrounding Chiang Mai City in Chiang Mai Province or geographically more broadly. The reports are not complete due to cloud cover and other reasons. Small agricultural burns aren't really noted. Sizable blazes of some duration normally are. So, trust your nose and your eyes, too!

Thanks, Priceless. April was indeed bad, and over a very broad area.

A comprehensive report is attached for Thailand. Read and weep.

That's a really good report; thanks for posting.

Why weep though.. it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was, and the trend seems to be towards improvement. (Which contradicts a lot of posters who claim "OH the air was so much better 10 years ago.". It wasn't.

Clear as a bell today.

Not in Chiang Mai :(

Hell yes in Chiang Mai. Turned incredibly hot and bright this afternoon. Like places down South almost. I could look up the figures tomorrow but I can tell you right now today was clear as a bell.

Thanks, Priceless. April was indeed bad, and over a very broad area.

A comprehensive report is attached for Thailand. Read and weep.

That's a really good report; thanks for posting.

Why weep though.. it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was, and the trend seems to be towards improvement. (Which contradicts a lot of posters who claim "OH the air was so much better 10 years ago.". It wasn't.

Clear as a bell today.

Not in Chiang Mai :(

Could see Doi Suthep from Doi Saket and that's over 20 kilometers. :o Time for an eye exam..;)