April Plan Health Insurance

mav000

Thai Visa Brokers are the largest distributors of this plan and so far have positive feed backs from the customers who need to claim.

The main advantage is it is open to anyone under 65 (but will carry on for life) and has a very high USD$1m coverage. - the premiums are very reasonable, example $1,427 under 65 years !

For anyone who wish's to see the full details please email Thai Visa Insurance Brokers but note this plan is primarily for S.E.A.

• 1 month later...

Thai Visa Brokers are the largest distributors of this plan and so far have positive feed backs from the customers who need to claim.

The main advantage is it is open to anyone under 65 (but will carry on for life) and has a very high USD$1m coverage. - the premiums are very reasonable, example $1,427 under 65 years !

For anyone who wish's to see the full details please email Thai Visa Insurance Brokers but note this plan is primarily for S.E.A.

the premiums are very reasonable, example $1,427 under 65 years !

Does that mean that the premium is the same for a 35 and a 64 year old? If so, that sounds a little unusual.

Sophon

Yes, premium between >= 31 yrs and <= 65 yrs are the same. You are right, may be little unusual but easy going.

well I just filled an online quote form from them and they came back with $2134 ! and I am under 64!

John C

I have just looked through all our quotes/applications and cannot find one we have sent out with that amount of premium - very wrong sorry. Can we ask you to email it again please and I i look for it ?

Thai Visa Brokers

• 9 months later...

Although this is an old item I wish to let you know my experience with April. We, a family of 3, are insured with them for nearly 2 years, the entry premium was very reasonable and the increase 2010/2011 small, the 2012 premium is going to be increased by an incredible 25%, but this can happen as long as it does not increase by such percentage yearly. However, it is extremely difficult to communicate with them, and it seems that they are simply bad organized. Last months hospitalsion - no reply, this week my wife gave birth and I informed them last week already - no reply except that the person in charge is absebpnt (loks like April has no back-up for their staff in olace even though I sent a mail to the general hospitalisation@aprilmobilite mailbox. The hospitak called on Monday together with my wife and they were given a reference numbet but another call to them resulted in a cancellation of this ref no. Til today no approval or anything like that. I involved my broker AAInsurance who contacted them without success, vety bad.

BTW I claimed a discrepancy in the reimbursement of my son 10 days ago and have not received a reply yet.

This is my experience with April, rather pay a bit more for a better service.

Two weeks ago I had to rush into hospital to have my appendix removed. I had no problems whatsoever, just let the hospital do all the chasing!

However, someone did mention that they would be increasing 2012's premiums by 25% ..I too tried to contact them but got no reply at first, then a few days later they got in touch by email to advise me that if I wanted to cancel with them the notice period is 2 months in writing. No problem because I need cover from them until March 2012 ..for 3 months cover I was quoted 290 Euros.

I do agree that they are a little on the slow side when it comes to communication with the customer but overall, no complaints from me.

• 3 weeks later...

I received this years renewal from April just a few days ago. I was expecting a huge increase as indicated by some posts here, the increase is hardly anything to complain about. just over 1000 Euros for Ambassade plan with 50,000 USD life cover included. Considering that I made a claim with them just last month, I am going to stick with them for the moment, well at least until I relocate home.