Thaksin Urges Supporters To Vote Pheu Thai To Bring Him Home

webfact

I'm sure that Thaksin WOULD be forgotten, if he would just stop holding press conferences, appointing (or not appointing) political leaders of the PT party, making inflammatory speeches during his phone-ins to the Red Shirt rallies, funding the Red Shirt rallies, etc., etc..

If Thaksin had just stayed out of politics and lived life as a private individual his UK visa would probably not have been revoked and he would probably have been pardoned and allowed to return to the country by now.

ummm he's allowed to return now. He won't be pardoned since he is on the run from justice. Had he shown up at court he could (like his ex wife) still be out on appeal, but he ran away to conduct a "bring me home" campaign ...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin is obsessed with getting back power and the face he lost.

For him no matter how HIGH he gets, any diminished standing is a loss, and thus bad luck. He may be waist high above all others, but if his belt line slips to their hair level he gets depressed at the lose of stature.

It is far beyond just needing more money, it is beyond just wanting to be top dog, he is obsessed with the lost CONTROL of others he enjoyed, the game is the important thing, judged on numbers of acolytes, and his bank balances. Successful manipulation gives him a mental woody, he needs it or he feels down and incomplete. His whole act speaks loudly of this hubris and obsessiveness. He is one of the most transparently nasty pieces of work that I have seen in some time.

Quote from Animatic "He is one of the most transparently nasty pieces of work that I have seen in some time".

Well said, and I will add: ...and thinks the world, all Thais are too stupid to notice his blatant lies, continuous stepping on his own toes, continuous foot in mouth gaffs, continuous reversals, continuous egging of the naive red shirts: "fight for justice / fight for democracy", when in reality his own history is the exact opposite, and with numerous nasty examples.

"The Demagogue preaches doctrins he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots"

Henry Louis Mencken.

It likely would take H.L. Menckin, P.T. Barnum and likely Piers Anthony

to adequately explain that Kuhn T. with repeated reference to

Cambridge University Press 978-0-521-85056-8 -

The Spectrum of Psychotic Disorders: Neurobiology, Etiology, and Pathogenesis -

by Daryl Fujii and Iqbal Ahmed

Edited by animatic

Thaksin's wish

Yaowapa said Thaksin financed construction of a main chapel at Wat Rongtham Samakki with an intention that merit from his donation would help bring him back as PM and Pheu Thai would win the next election.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-01-30

There is just something about the above statement that making merit in a Buddhist ceremony does seem like trying to buy your way for personal gain....... just doesn't sound kosher to me

This man is low down and dirty! Donations from him banking of the luck of charges dropped. sheesh! That's what it says in a nutshell..for his political gain. Unbelievable. Lowest of lifeforms.

Edited by gemini81

I wonder where those "we are here to provide balance, we aren't really reds" are, on this thread? The guys that keep saying this isn't about Thaksin. The ones saying this is a "grassroots" movement for the betterment of the rural poor (apparently only in Isaan and the North).

They are suspiciously quiet.

I was living in my wifes village at the time,when they gave the million baht to the village for loans for small business,and they all went and borrowed and bought phones,and who owned ais at the time?

Manipulative crook is at it again...The tragic thing is that he still has a lot of support in Thailand, rural areas in particular. They love him because he gave them government loans which they have never repaid. Instead of investing into their small business as agreed they spent all money on mobile phones, cars, gambling and alcohol. No one explained to them that the loan is the loan. You've got to pay it back. It's easy to be generous with the government money,eh. Basically, he gave them 5 baht with his left hand, and took out 50 baht of their pocket with his right hand. And they love him for it!!! Bloody unbeliavable!!! However, you've got to give it to him. He is a master of manipulation.

I was living in my wifes village at the time,when they gave the million baht to the village for loans for small business,and they all went and borrowed and bought phones,and who owned ais at the time?

Manipulative crook is at it again...The tragic thing is that he still has a lot of support in Thailand, rural areas in particular. They love him because he gave them government loans which they have never repaid. Instead of investing into their small business as agreed they spent all money on mobile phones, cars, gambling and alcohol. No one explained to them that the loan is the loan. You've got to pay it back. It's easy to be generous with the government money,eh. Basically, he gave them 5 baht with his left hand, and took out 50 baht of their pocket with his right hand. And they love him for it!!! Bloody unbeliavable!!! However, you've got to give it to him. He is a master of manipulation.

And which service provider got the lions share of the new clients?

A friend's mother (a senior public servant) was appointed to the most senior committee to oversee the disbursement of the 1million per village fund. She tried to insist that there be measures to ensure the money was used for village developmens to benefit all. She was silenced and resigned.

Does anyone have any idea how popular he is among Thai's? has there been any polls? I think he still is very popular, going by Thai's i speak to, and when an inevitable serious event happen's things could change completely re his criminal status. Don't rule out a return it could happen eventually

Does anyone have any idea how popular he is among Thai's? has there been any polls? I think he still is very popular, going by Thai's i speak to, and when an inevitable serious event happen's things could change completely re his criminal status. Don't rule out a return it could happen eventually

He has his base. If by "very popular" you are saying you think a majority of Thais want him to come back to power, I think that is definitely completely wrong. Rule out his return? No, not as long as he breathes.

Thaksin's marginalization continues, and the best way this government can ensure that it does so long into the future (assuming there will be an election which they will probably win) is to effectively implement those policies it was trumpeting not long ago aimed at helping out impoverished sections of society nationwide.

Let's hope they can, or the boogeyman will come back to get you all!!! (cue crescendo-ing evil laugh)

Edited by hanuman1

The same one that is now whining about having to give some of it back:

AIS Firm Despite Ultimatum From TOT

The last nation-wide polling I've seen showed:

50.7% - Democrats

33.0% - Pheu Thai

16.0% - Other

If Pheu Thai does garner a coalition to lead the government, it's been a stated policy of that Party to absolve Thaksin of his crimes and re-install him as PM.

His return to not only Thailand, but to the leadership of Thailand, can not be ruled out.

50.7% - Democrats

33.0% - Pheu Thai

16.0% - Other

If Pheu Thai does garner a coalition to lead the government, it's been a stated policy of that Party to absolve Thaksin of his crimes and re-install him as PM.

His return to not only Thailand, but to the leadership of Thailand, can not be ruled out.

Of course Thaksin is not here to pre-purchase, his allies before the election, as he did with TRT, so the deal making, IF PTP gets close to Dems, and the Dems are just under 50% would be intense and ruthless.

And of course they will not be the only PARTY bidding for the king makers. I would doubt Newin would go back to Thaksin, since he knows how loyal Thaksin was to him, and other small party players would feel the same. The Dems getting 1-2% partner, before the PTP can get a shot at supplanting a fail coalition bid, seems pretty easy to pull off.

Edited by animatic

50.7% - Democrats

33.0% - Pheu Thai

16.0% - Other

Of course Thaksin is not here to pre-purchase, his allies before the election, as he did with TRT, so the deal making, IF PTP gets close to Dems, and the Dems are just under 50% would be intense and ruthless.

And of course they will not be the only PARTY bidding for the king makers. I would doubt Newin would go back to Thaksin, since he knows how loyal Thaksin was to him, and other small party players would feel the same. The Dems getting 1-2% partner, before the PTP can get a shot at supplanting a fail coalition bid, seems pretty easy to pull off.

Dont rule out a (dissillusioned with Thaksin) faction of PTP going into coalition with the Dems after the election.

Not so easy in politics to choose your friends but if you only need a few extra to get a clear majority then you may be able to better choose your enemies.

I suspect the present PM would be quite happy to be shot of Newin and his crowd.

Edited by Robby nz

Democrat MP: Thaksin's Phone-in Halted MPs from Switching Parties

The spokesman for the Democrat Party leader pointed out that the recent video-link by ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was meant to dissuade Pheu Thai MPs from switching parties ahead of electoral changes.

Spokesman for the Democrat Party's leader Thepthai Senpong said he believes there are political implications for the recent phone-in by self-exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra during a ritual being held for him by supporters in Chiang Mai province.

The ceremony was to ward off bad fortune.

He said Thaksin had to say something to stop members of the his proxy Pheu Thai Party from shifting their allegiance to other parties, given the imminent change to the MP-ratio and the electoral system.

The spokesman commented that the ritual would not help cleanse the former premier of his sins.

Meanwhile, Thepthai insisted that the prime minister would not dissolve the House to evade the upcoming censure debate.

He ruled out the possibility that Democrat and Pheu Thai Parties would find peace and work together, as suggested by the People's Alliance for Democracy, citing great differences in political ideologies between the two parties.

Thepthai disregarded Pheu Thai's warning about the possibility of a coup, calling it a misleading fantasy.

He said that military leaders have clarified that a coup is unlikely, while the majority of the public have also expressed its opposition.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-01-31

footer_n.gif

From the TAN newsflash:

Meanwhile, Thepthai insisted that the prime minister would not dissolve the House to evade the upcoming censure debate.

I'm glad to read this. It would be totally wrong to deprive the public from such a show they already paid for (MP salary = your taxes). The censure debate is always the highlight of the political season. MP talking for hours, colourful spreadsheets, blurry photocopies, 'absolute' proof, etc., etc. I only hope k. Chalerm will put aside his difference with others in PTP and join the show. Some of those others only tend to make you fall asleep ;)

50.7% - Democrats

33.0% - Pheu Thai

16.0% - Other

As much as I despise Thaksin's political whores, I find it difficult to believe the Democrats hold a lead like that.

Probably more like 40% Dem's, 30% PTP, 30% other. Anyway polls in Thailand are not always reliable. Political climate might still change as well. The effect of the coming censure motion I don't know, mostly just a sanuk event.

50.7% - Democrats

33.0% - Pheu Thai

16.0% - Other

As much as I despise Thaksin's political whores, I find it difficult to believe the Democrats hold a lead like that.

I agree it's difficult to believe, but...

If a general election was held today, slightly more than half of respondents surveyed by Abac poll said they would vote for the Democrat Party to form the next government, according to survey results released yesterday.

The survey showed both the ruling Democrat Party and the Opposition Pheu Thai Party would not win enough seats to allow either to form a one-party government, Abac poll director Noppadon Kannikar said.

Noppadon said the smaller parties would decide who would get to form the next government if a general election was held now.

A total of 4,312 respondents took part in the survey, conducted from September 1-25.

Of 4,312 respondents, 50.7 said they had decided to support the Democrats, 33 per cent said they would opt for Pheu Thai and 16 per cent preferred other parties.

And while admittedly it's a bit dated, it's hard to imagine that with the further collapse of the PTP since late September, that they would have any gains on these numbers.

Edited by Buchholz

More current info... today...

Thai Coalition Ahead in Polls, Ready for Election This Year, Abhisit Says

Thailand’s ruling coalition is leading in opinion surveys and ready for an election that will bring stability and redress complaints that spawned violent protests since 2008, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said. “Looking at the polls, the government is slightly ahead,” Abhisit told Bloomberg Television in Davos at the World Economic Forum, without naming the polls and adding that a win can’t be taken for granted. “What’s good for the country is that we have free, fair elections soon, and the Democrat party and the government is ready to fight those elections.”

Abhisit, 46, is aiming to lead his Democrat party to its first election win in about two decades, a result that would allow him to counter criticism from opponents aligned with former leader Thaksin Shinawatra that he lacks a popular mandate. Disputes over the outcome of the last election in 2007 fueled protests in the country of 67 million citizens that killed about 100 people and soured the investment climate.

“The elections themselves would be a partial if not a complete answer to those grievances,” Abhisit said in the interview, recorded on Jan. 28 and broadcast today. “Once the elections are done, the Red Shirts will have to admit that we’ve gone through a round of a democratic process, and therefore whoever wins the election should have the right to govern.”

Thai lawmakers last week approved minor constitutional changes that would change Parliament’s composition and make it easier to sign treaties. The amendments face a final vote on Feb. 11, after which Abhisit said he’d consider an election, barring violence or a censure motion. Since the last election, the Democrat party has increased its lawmakers in Parliament to 172 from 165 through by-elections, while the pro-Thaksin Puea Thai has seen its seat tally reduced to 187 from 233 because of defections and disqualifications. Thaksin has lived overseas since fleeing a jail sentence in 2008, and Puea Thai lacks a clear leader.

Continues:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-30/thai-coalition-ahead-in-polls-ready-for-election-abhisit-says.html

Bloomberg - January 31, 2011