Thaksin Urges Supporters To Vote Pheu Thai To Bring Him Home

webfact

Thaksin urges supporters to vote Pheu Thai to bring him home

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra Saturday urged his supporters to vote for the Pheu Thai in the next election so that he could return to Thailand to develop the country.

In a phone call to address his supporters at the Rong Dharma Samakkhi Temple in Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, Thaksin claimed he had a fast-tract measure to develop Thailand and make the country prosper.

"But let me return to Thailand first. Most of all, please help the Pheu Thai win the election so that I can return to Thailand," Thaksin said.

His family held a merit making at the temple at 11 am.

Several former Cabinet members of the Pheu Thai and several Pheu Thai MPs also joined the ceremony along with over 2,000 supporters of the former prime minister.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-01-29

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our dear leader k. Thaksin has spoken. He can solve all our problems single handedly if only we would let him. K. Thaksin claimed he had a fast-tract measure to develop Thailand and make the country prosper. "But let me return to Thailand first".

Believe my cute brown eyes, would I lie to you ?

Thaksin can come back to Thailand any day of the week he chooses.

He tried this same tactic with PPP, he came home, and even with his proxies in office,

he STILL had to scamper off. They weren't enough to prevent his conviction.

Disingenuous total pratt.

All Thaksin need do to "come home" is get on a plane and fly here. He will then be arrested and start serving his 2 year prison sentence while the other cases that need him to appear in court first, then proceed.

All Thaksin need do to "come home" is get on a plane and fly here. He will then be arrested and start serving his 2 year prison sentence while the other cases that need him to appear in court first, then proceed.

Maybe he's suggesting that with Peau Thai in power, they would white wash his crimes. Do you really they think would do such a thing?

edit: added "think"

Edited by whybother

Maybe he's suggesting that with Peau Thai in power, they would white wash his crimes. Do you really they would do such a thing?

Hmmm and when does his ex-wife start serving her prison sentence? (3 years I believe)

According to Bangkok Post he made the request for people to vote Phua Thai practically in the same sentence as denying Abhisit would actually dissolve the house.

Seriously, "Abhisit will never, ever call a general election (but please vote for PT when he does)"

For the record, it's understood his lips were moving as he made the above statement.

According to Bangkok Post he made the request for people to vote Phua Thai practically in the same sentence as denying Abhisit would actually dissolve the house.

Seriously, "Abhisit will never, ever call a general election (but please vote for PT when he does)"

For the record, it's understood his lips were moving as he made the above statement.

A very theoretical question. Assume for a moment PM Abhisit dissolves the House on the last possible (and legal) day, or let the term elapse and therefor get an implicit house dissolution. Would he have to call new General Elections or will the Election Committee do so ?

As long my wife isn't reading this he can " stay where ever he is",i think he did some good for the farmers but at the same time filling his own pockets,but what people with "shout"dont

He clearly got way more than the farmers, and that is the point.

1. I am pretty sure not so long ago he made a statement he is out of politics and has no interest to return to it

2. Does he expect for the new Government to overturn court ruling? In that case, same should be applied to all Thai's

3. So the reason why people should vote for PTP is just so he can come back? and that would not be a selfish, self serving action for a man who claims to love his people and his country.

4. He claims upon his return he will solve all the problems, what problems are they? He has created majority of those and now he can solve them.

I only hope people of Thailand can comprehend and understand what that man is all about, sadly though a large majority especially in Isaan-do not

1. I am pretty sure not so long ago he made a statement he is out of politics and has no interest to return to it

2. Does he expect for the new Government to overturn court ruling? In that case, same should be applied to all Thai's

3. So the reason why people should vote for PTP is just so he can come back? and that would not be a selfish, self serving action for a man who claims to love his people and his country.

4. He claims upon his return he will solve all the problems, what problems are they? He has created majority of those and now he can solve them.

I only hope people of Thailand can comprehend and understand what that man is all about, sadly though a large majority especially in Isaan-do not

For that Kuhn T. the main problem Thailand has is he is not in control of it.

No matter what you think of Thaksin, at this point most reasonable people Thais and expats alike want a Thailand with more peace, unity, prosperity, and justice. Thaksin coming back to be pardoned and to take over again in a revengeful mood pretty much guarantees the opposite of all that. In other words, if that happens, get ready for a major league s--tstorm! You may have liked him before, or at least some things he did, but he is not the same Thaksin, and this is not the same Thailand ...

Edited by Jingthing

No mention of the holiday in prison then? For he who is above the law will not worry about ye who have little for he has much and if you believe all his mutterings he will come back and have even more, whilst you dear citizens who choose to follow the man will never reach his promised land, he will and it will stripped bear quicker than you can say what sort of country would put a man like Taksin ( the chosen One) in prison. Is there no justice here.

"...so that he could return to Thailand to develop the country."

Let's analyse that, shall we? What the poor fugitive means is: "return to Thailand, sweep my jail term under the carpet, then let me develop the country after the motto '1 Baht for you, 1,000 Baht for me and my cronies, 1 Baht for you, 1,000 Baht for me and my cronies..."

Personally I think Thaksin isn't too bothered about coming back. I think although he has a huge ego he knows his goose has been cooked. But I do think that people are using him to take the heat and focus away from their agenda. Thaksin is all we hear about, we can hate him, blame him or defend him, but by doing this we let the real puppet masters get away with things and placing the blame on our ex-leader.

I think if Thaksin really wanted to come back, he knows with a prison sentence he can not legally or morally lead the country again but he could advise and help restore confidence in Thailand, but I feel that this is not the agenda. Mirrors, mirrors and more mirrors is the game. So forget Thaksin all he does is rouse a few supporters now, let's keep an eye on the real issues and not spend time on him.

The timing of his remarks may be more than fortuitous.  With the yellows on the street and the idea of the reds joining them, one can only speculate on what is happening behind the scenes.  

Remarks by the yellows about it '....being too late to talk', are particularly ominous.  

So basically he has this master plan to shape up Thailand but won't give it unless his crimes are pardoned/erased.

Doesn't look like someone who has the best interest of the country as a priority.

Interesting comment. And lets all remember that various respected economists have commented that his original 'grand plan' economics policies were totally unsustainable, would fix nothing, and longer-term would do all sorts of serious social damage.

i would like to see Thaksin come back to Thailand in a casket

the sooner the better........

Someone had the cajones to say it, he he.

Actually I prefer his plane goes down far out at sea, thunder storm act of god,

Mariana trench sounds good, and there is no grave stone iconfor people to rant over,

and use for their own ends. Not advocating someone make this so, but...

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, or mud.

Edited by animatic