Water Purifiers

Will27

Hello Trend Setters

Was out an about today and saw some AQUATEK purifications systems

for sale.

We used to get the bottled water delivered but to be honest, it tasted horrible.

Have been buying the Nestle water in bulk but it get's to be a pain in the bottom.

Was wondering if anyone has a purifier installed and can give any advice regarding

price and brands?

Regards

Will

We are using Inventa, I believe it is called, but it is slow and produces a lot of waist water. The water tastes great, I must say. You will have to look around for up to date pricing.

Have heard good things about Amway but believe their system is quite expensive. Regardless of the initial outlay of cash the convenience of not having to lug around all those bottles and the added taste and health benefits, make it worth it in my opine.

You will need to clean and reuse some of those leftover bottles for storing the new filtered stuff in the fridge. A good source for replacement filters is also an important issue that needs to be addressed.

We are using Inventa, I believe it is called, but it is slow and produces a lot of waist water. The water tastes great, I must say. You will have to look around for up to date pricing.

Have heard good things about Amway but believe their system is quite expensive. Regardless of the initial outlay of cash the convenience of not having to lug around all those bottles and the added taste and health benefits, make it worth it in my opine.

You will need to clean and reuse some of those leftover bottles for storing the new filtered stuff in the fridge. A good source for replacement filters is also an important issue that needs to be addressed.

Thanks for that VF.

Am still in "tyre kicking mode" but will check out those two brands.

Regards

Will

Hi Will27

I installed a Reverse Osmosis water filtration system in my house when I built it. Its all plumbed in and it is really fantastic having good clean drinking water on tap in the kitchen. We even use it for washing veggies and meat before cooking and of course for Tea and COffee.

It is not as cheap though as I first calculated.

Firslt the water I put into it from the village supply had me buying filter cartridges like they were going out of fashion. In teh end I put another large cyclinder type filter before the water goes into my storage tanks and this helped a lot. I still need a new cartridge about every six months but teh water is super clean and tastes good too.

I must admit that I bought my RO unit in Bangkok at Homepro but teh store near the city wall just before Phaholyothin Road meets teh Super highway has some good units. WIthout the plumbing and the special taps in the kitchen the plant was about THB 9K but that was nearly seven years ago. It is built in the USA and apart from changing the filters which I mentioned it has never given me any problems (he says touching wood like mad here)

Good luck, If I can give you any tips in the installation, send me a PM

Cheers

AjarnP :jap:

Hi Will27

I installed a Reverse Osmosis water filtration system in my house when I built it. Its all plumbed in and it is really fantastic having good clean drinking water on tap in the kitchen. We even use it for washing veggies and meat before cooking and of course for Tea and COffee.

It is not as cheap though as I first calculated.

Firslt the water I put into it from the village supply had me buying filter cartridges like they were going out of fashion. In teh end I put another large cyclinder type filter before the water goes into my storage tanks and this helped a lot. I still need a new cartridge about every six months but teh water is super clean and tastes good too.

I must admit that I bought my RO unit in Bangkok at Homepro but teh store near the city wall just before Phaholyothin Road meets teh Super highway has some good units. WIthout the plumbing and the special taps in the kitchen the plant was about THB 9K but that was nearly seven years ago. It is built in the USA and apart from changing the filters which I mentioned it has never given me any problems (he says touching wood like mad here)

Good luck, If I can give you any tips in the installation, send me a PM

Cheers

AjarnP :jap:

Thanks for that mate.

Have sent you a PM.

Regards

Will

• 2 weeks later...

VF i believe we have the same reverse osmosis filter system, did you find a good source for spare filters in CR ?

VF i believe we have the same reverse osmosis filter system, did you find a good source for spare filters in CR ?

We have gotten them in Chiang Mai at Home Pro, I believe. In Chiang Rai I think we got some a Sahaphaiboon, but we had to make a special order and wait for delivery.

You might be better off with some prefiltration, an ultrafiltration (membrane) system followed by an activated carbon filter. True RO removes a lot of dissolved solids that ultrafiltration will not, but you may not need to remove dissolved solids.

UF removes bacteria, pathogens and microscopic suspended solids. I suspect that a lot of systems sold as RO are actually UF. True RO requires high pressure pumping to be effective.

Activated carbon/charcoal is good for removing odor and taste. UV/ozone works well for killing organisms.

It might be a good idea to get a sample of you water tested so you will know what you are dealing with. can save some money and frustration .. and some of those filter cartridges ..