Louts On Baht Bus

actiondell4

Its unbelievable but quite true. Sadly this will get worse in the uk. There was a when you would of been applauded for having a go. Your better off in thailand the pc crxp hasn't arrived yet. It won't be long before I'm there perminently. The uk is on a slippery slope downhill and picking up speed. I'm still proud to be english but you hear of these silly stories and just wish you were somewhere else where the criminal is the criminal and a normal law abiding citizen can go about his business without fear of prosecution.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its unbelievable but quite true. Sadly this will get worse in the uk. There was a when you would of been applauded for having a go. Your better off in thailand the pc crxp hasn't arrived yet. It won't be long before I'm there perminently. The uk is on a slippery slope downhill and picking up speed. I'm still proud to be english but you hear of these silly stories and just wish you were somewhere else where the criminal is the criminal and a normal law abiding citizen can go about his business without fear of prosecution.

Patrick,

Out of curiosity why are you proud to be English, don't take this the wrong way as I'm English myself but find very little to be proud of these days. All the woes that we face in the UK have come about because we have not stood up for ourselves and allowed the politicians to practically destroy the society we grew up in which was once admired around the world.

Very few other nationalities admire us as a people or a nation, they look upon us as a soft touch whose people are undisciplined and unworthy of respect. I have European friends in Pattaya and that is how they see us and will tell you so once you get to know them. Surely to be proud of your country requires possessing attributes and qualities that others can admire.

Edited by yogi100

How is your above statement fact, Patts is full of drunks, druggies and trouble makers who randomly attack and rob people. Sorry but thats complete Bxxxocks. Every city has its undesirables but there are far worse places that Pattaya. You should try getting out more

Of course there are places on earth that are far worse than Pattaya, but we're not talking about those places are we? No, we are talking about Pattaya. And you are perfectly able to read about (or see first hand) the insane amount of violent crime that happens around the city on a daily basis.

INTERPOL did not choose Pattaya for a new office by blindly throwing a dart onto a map.

It is not my opinion, it is a fact. If you spent 30 minutes looking into local crime rates and comparing them against other Thai cities, you'd see it yourself.

Back in London, if one does, the likelihood is that YOU will be prosecuted for hurting the THUGS.

The same holds true for Thailand.

I know a guy who was violently attacked by a group of Thai thugs with sticks. After being hit a few times, he was able to run to the nearest food cart and grabbed a knife to try to protect himself. He cut several of them pretty bad. Police came, he was arrested and then the attackers took him to court and HE had to pay for THEIR injuries. Not a single thing happened to the attackers.

Sadly, this was (is) an accident waiting to happen in Jomtien. I myself felt uncomfortable when an old man got on the bus with his young, fresh-faced, quiffed BF & also when observing 'light petting' between same but not same in the View Talay 2 pool. I stress that these were my feelings (emotional reactions) not my thoughts. I imagine that a boozed up group of young lads, after earlier viewing similar behaviour to myself & reading a 2 week old copy of the Daily Express, let their emotion run riot & play off each other; not to excuse or mitigate their actions for a second!<_<

How is your above statement fact, Patts is full of drunks, druggies and trouble makers who randomly attack and rob people. Sorry but thats complete Bxxxocks. Every city has its undesirables but there are far worse places that Pattaya. You should try getting out more

Of course there are places on earth that are far worse than Pattaya, but we're not talking about those places are we? No, we are talking about Pattaya. And you are perfectly able to read about (or see first hand) the insane amount of violent crime that happens around the city on a daily basis.

INTERPOL did not choose Pattaya for a new office by blindly throwing a dart onto a map.

It is not my opinion, it is a fact. If you spent 30 minutes looking into local crime rates and comparing them against other Thai cities, you'd see it yourself.

where exactly can I find your so called fact "Pattaya is full of drunks, drug addicts and trouble makers who DO randomly attack / rob people for no reason at all." Like I previously said your statement is rubbish. It is not a fact that Pattaya is full of drunks etc.

You've already answered your own question on what place we're discussing, Pattaya. Yes there is a high crime rate and a number of undesireables etc but full of drunks, druggies etc is not a fact. I am not a drunk, druggie or violent thug whether I'm here or in Pattaya.

Maybe you really should get out more, go for a walk down walking street or one the sois, see how many people are there and how many of them are drunk, drugged up violent thugs that will randomly attack you for no reason, then come back and re evaluate your make believe fact that the place is full of drunk, druggie thugs etc

Patrick,

Out of curiosity why are you proud to be English, don't take this the wrong way as I'm English myself but find very little to be proud of these days. All the woes that we face in the UK have come about because we have not stood up for ourselves and allowed the politicians to practically destroy the society we grew up in which was once admired around the world.

Very few other nationalities admire us as a people or a nation, they look upon us as a soft touch whose people are undisciplined and unworthy of respect. I have European friends in Pattaya and that is how they see us and will tell you so once you get to know them. Surely to be proud of your country requires possessing attributes and qualities that others can admire.

Why am I proud to be English? Thats a hard one to answer, I had to sit an think about it for a while. I agree with you there is very little left to be proud of. Let's face it the country is in a mess, and due to the politicians its going to get worse. For all the problems with Blighty I'm still proud of my culture, my background and our history and heritage.

Yes we may not be admired by other nationalities but we are respected by them. Most of the world speaks our language. I'm proud of our "fighting spirit" we tend to stand up for ourselves individually and as a nation, Take the Falklands war for example, we were out numbered 4 to 1 (estimated) our naval fleet was ill prepared for the task in hand, the ark royal only had one working propeller. The miners strikes, whether you agreed with it or not, a nation joined together to stand up for themselves. The British bull dog spirit, the chelsea pensioners, our serving armed forces currently fighting all make me proud to be English.

Over the last couple of days there has been a great story in the news which is quite relevant to this topic. A gang of 4 armed robbers were trying to rob a jewellery store armed with sledge hammers and a passing elderly woman stepped up and beat all 4 of them with her handbag whilst other stood about and watched, it was all caught of film. The old lady later stated that she was annoyed that no one did anything about it. I've added a link its well worth having a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f3zuK4beCA

where exactly can I find your so called fact "Pattaya is full of drunks, drug addicts and trouble makers who DO randomly attack / rob people for no reason at all." Like I previously said your statement is rubbish. It is not a fact that Pattaya is full of drunks etc.

It's called the "internet" and there is no shortage of crime reports on it.

You've already answered your own question on what place we're discussing, Pattaya. Yes there is a high crime rate and a number of undesireables etc but full of drunks, druggies etc is not a fact. I am not a drunk, druggie or violent thug whether I'm here or in Pattaya.

I think you have a problem with only reading what you want to read. At no time did I say EVERYONE in Pattaya is drunk or on drugs. However, it is no surprise to anyone that it is a party town FULL of undesirables, bot Thai and foreign alike. For the love of God, read the news. None of this is top secret information, and as I stated before, INTERPOL chose Pattaya for a reason.

Maybe you really should get out more, go for a walk down walking street or one the sois, see how many people are there and how many of them are drunk, drugged up violent thugs that will randomly attack you for no reason, then come back and re evaluate your make believe fact that the place is full of drunk, druggie thugs etc

Nah, no drunks or people on drugs on Walking Street. No fights either. In fact, I take the kids there every Friday night in an attempt to teach them how to be moral, female respecting, upstanding citizens. I find that hanging out with them outside of Insomnia at around 4am - 5am is an excellent way to teach them these values.

Why am I proud to be English? Thats a hard one to answer, I had to sit an think about it for a while. I agree with you there is very little left to be proud of. Let's face it the country is in a mess, and due to the politicians its going to get worse. For all the problems with Blighty I'm still proud of my culture, my background and our history and heritage.

Yes we may not be admired by other nationalities but we are respected by them. Most of the world speaks our language. I'm proud of our "fighting spirit" we tend to stand up for ourselves individually and as a nation, Take the Falklands war for example, we were out numbered 4 to 1 (estimated) our naval fleet was ill prepared for the task in hand, the ark royal only had one working propeller. The miners strikes, whether you agreed with it or not, a nation joined together to stand up for themselves. The British bull dog spirit, the chelsea pensioners, our serving armed forces currently fighting all make me proud to be English.

In terms of history and Empire, you guys have a lot to be proud of. A heck of a lot more than us yanks.

In terms of history and Empire, you guys have a lot to be proud of. A heck of a lot more than us yanks.

No putting up with the politically correct brigade. You guys just keelhauled them or strapped them to the nearest live cannon. :P

its unfortunate that we don't do that anymore Ulysses.......

Yes it is disgusting but it happens. Pattaya is not a normal society, you should have got off the bus as soon as they got on or when you saw that they were drunk. No, you can not refuse to be intimidated by them, in that state they need to be avoided just as you would avoid a rabid dog. There is a barbaric gene in the English stock, it needs booze; you had to be drunk at Waterloo and Trafalgar and they were, without a real war these heart of oak have to make one.

the Op said they were Australian and despite the myths not every Australian is descended from ''English stock''

nor is every Englishman bloodthirsty

as to the OP's actions he did what was right for him

he stood his ground a much as he wanted to and walked away, head high and physically intact

had he wanted to be a little more pro active , i can recommend pepper spray

its a great equalizer......

PS actiondell i for one applaud your courage & tenacity

I would expect them to be of English stock based on their behavior. My advice is as much for their sake as the sober passenger, they are just drunks until they do some damage, minimising the opportunity for them to do something they will later regret is a public duty.

What are you talking about. "I'd expect them to be English stock based on their behaviour." :huh: Thats an outrageous statement!!!!

I would summize that someone stereotyping like this could also be descibed as a racist xenophobic bigot but i'd be too polite to say so. :D

Yes it is disgusting but it happens. Pattaya is not a normal society, you should have got off the bus as soon as they got on or when you saw that they were drunk. No, you can not refuse to be intimidated by them, in that state they need to be avoided just as you would avoid a rabid dog. There is a barbaric gene in the English stock, it needs booze; you had to be drunk at Waterloo and Trafalgar and they were, without a real war these heart of oak have to make one.

the Op said they were Australian and despite the myths not every Australian is descended from ''English stock''

nor is every Englishman bloodthirsty

as to the OP's actions he did what was right for him

he stood his ground a much as he wanted to and walked away, head high and physically intact

had he wanted to be a little more pro active , i can recommend pepper spray

its a great equalizer......

PS actiondell i for one applaud your courage & tenacity

I would expect them to be of English stock based on their behavior. My advice is as much for their sake as the sober passenger, they are just drunks until they do some damage, minimising the opportunity for them to do something they will later regret is a public duty.

What are you talking about. "I'd expect them to be English stock based on their behaviour." :huh: Thats an outrageous statement!!!!

I would summize that someone stereotyping like this could also be descibed as a racist xenophobic bigot but i'd be too polite to say so. :D

Awa an' boil yer heid! B)

It's called the "internet" and there is no shortage of crime reports on it.

I think you have a problem with only reading what you want to read. At no time did I say EVERYONE in Pattaya is drunk or on drugs. However, it is no surprise to anyone that it is a party town FULL of undesirables, bot Thai and foreign alike. For the love of God, read the news. None of this is top secret information, and as I stated before, INTERPOL chose Pattaya for a reason.

Nah, no drunks or people on drugs on Walking Street. No fights either. In fact, I take the kids there every Friday night in an attempt to teach them how to be moral, female respecting, upstanding citizens. I find that hanging out with them outside of Insomnia at around 4am - 5am is an excellent way to teach them these values.

I'm sorry but I think that it is you that only "reads what you want to read" I agree there are undesireables as there are in any city all over the world. I took issue with the very broad statement that "Pattaya is full of drunks, drug addicts and trouble makers who DO randomly attack / rob people for no reason at all" it's complete rubbish and not fact at all. The fact is that a small minority of people are drunkards, drug addicts and trouble makers who DO randomly attack / rob people for no reason at all.

You obviously don't visit these places and see it for yourself, that's your choice of course, however just assuming your above so called factual statement of Pattaya is full of drunks and druggies etc is unfair.

Your last paragraph isn't worth mentioning but if you plan on teaching your children values, teach them to find the facts rather than bull shxt.