New Fiesta Sport 1.6

phupaman

If someone is interested we have the New Fiesta 1.6 liter in stock as a rental car. I choice it, because it comes for 644'k with 2 air bags, ABS, ipot input, alloy wheels, driver seat high adjustable, intermitted intervall wipers, double clutch automatic transmission und much more. etc. Fiesta has much more options than a vios E for the same price. I guess the technology is the same as Mazda 2. One more thing: Fiesta will not really be a target for theft.

Is the ipot for cooking? :lol:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone report on the fiesta's fuel economy when driven around town? - for example the outskirts of BKK - the usual crawl and some higher speed driving...Would it be the same or better than the Jazz?

Hi All.

Prompted by Thai Paulys post about fuel computers in the Fiesta, I just tested mine bought new Feb 9 this year, I put exactly 15 Litre in the tank drove it until back to the same mark result 150k=10 k per litre, that is driving around khonkaen in normal every day traffic but no traffic jams, I think I should be doing better, so back to Ford on monday morning and see what they can do about it.

phupaman

So did you get your fiesta checked? What was the outcome?

Hi All

Took the Fiesta back to ford on Monday morning, they tried to say that 10KPL was normal ,so pointed out that is not what they claim when selling the car, also pointed out that my wife's Corrola 2.0 V burns less than fiesta.

So they keep the car for 4 hours and when i picked it up they had it connected to a laptop, Iwent straight to a garage and topped up the tank right to the top , so now I will use about half a tank, fill

it right up again and do the math on the KPL. phupaman.

10 km/l could be normal but I would say just for heavy traffic conditions. What did the sales people tell you? I was told 13-14 km around town (but those sound like "town" figures could be for the US). On mixed driving I get 9-11 km/l from my 2.0 civic, so 10 km/l around town for a fiesta sounds a little high.

When you talk to Sales, they know bugger all. Ford have roving experts to solve customers probs. The thing is, the Dealers don't want it to go that far. Im sure KBB, has come across such Techies.The figures here Ive read don't seem that far off reality, bearing in mind you have New v Old in some comparisons quoted.:jap:

When you talk to Sales, they know bugger all. Ford have roving experts to solve customers probs. The thing is, the Dealers don't want it to go that far. Im sure KBB, has come across such Techies.The figures here Ive read don't seem that far off reality, bearing in mind you have New v Old in some comparisons quoted.:jap:

I am not going to read back the full topic, but do we have any real world fiesta 1,6 dsg figures here?

Full tank to visible fuel, drive at least 400km, repeat 3 times and post figures. Now we know milage :)

want more exact, same time of day on each fill up, you get less fuel (in weight pr liter) in afternoon due to hot fuel. expecting everyone to use RON 95 E10

I am not going to read back the full topic, but do we have any real world fiesta 1,6 dsg figures here?

Full tank to visible fuel, drive at least 400km, repeat 3 times and post figures. Now we know milage :)

want more exact, same time of day on each fill up, you get less fuel (in weight pr liter) in afternoon due to hot fuel. expecting everyone to use RON 95 E10

Ive just asked a Thai Lady what KPL she gets.. I should have known better..REPLY. Just the same as my Sisters.Ah Well, i tried. Seems the Brio and Fiesta are breeding in SouthCentral, must admit her White Fiesta 4 Door with big Lenso Chrome Wheels did set it off.:jap:

Car must have only 1 person in it of weight 76kg they must only drive in dry conditions tyres must be correctly inflated.................you can go on and on.

Ive got a jazz new shape in Bkk youll get about 9kpl round town beacsue most of the time you are stationary.

Get it out on the motorway from BKK to Hua Hin and then you can if very very gentle get 21-24kpl but you have to think about every move you make and start the reading when you are at about 100kph speed.

Drive normally and its about 16-18kpl. I doubt the Ford will be any better or any worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone report on the fiesta's fuel economy when driven around town? - for example the outskirts of BKK - the usual crawl and some higher speed driving...Would it be the same or better than the Jazz?

Hi All.

Prompted by Thai Paulys post about fuel computers in the Fiesta, I just tested mine bought new Feb 9 this year, I put exactly 15 Litre in the tank drove it until back to the same mark result 150k=10 k per litre, that is driving around khonkaen in normal every day traffic but no traffic jams, I think I should be doing better, so back to Ford on monday morning and see what they can do about it.

phupaman

Hi all

After ford stuck my Fiesta on a computer for 4 hours,,,,,, result nothing I filled up to the brim when I left ford ,used 3/4 tank then filled up to the brim again, result 10 KPL it appears they done nothing only plugged in a computer just to fool me.

I see on television that benzine 91 will probably be 7bt a litre cheaper next week. question will my Fiesta run on Benzine 91.

phupaman

Hi All.

phupaman

Hi all

After ford stuck my Fiesta on a computer for 4 hours,,,,,, result nothing I filled up to the brim when I left ford ,used 3/4 tank then filled up to the brim again, result 10 KPL it appears they done nothing only plugged in a computer just to fool me.

I see on television that benzine 91 will probably be 7bt a litre cheaper next week. question will my Fiesta run on Benzine 91.

phupaman

Where are you driving ? Stop start conditions all the time? Or mixed driving? I've read a few reports of poor consumption in urban environments, but much better on the open road. 91 should give a slight increase in fuel economy over gasohol 91, but it might take a few tanks to show some effect.

Where are you driving ? Stop start conditions all the time? Or mixed driving? I've read a few reports of poor consumption in urban environments, but much better on the open road. 91 should give a slight increase in fuel economy over gasohol 91, but it might take a few tanks to show some effect.

If Fiesta 1,6 has a knock sensor, as US spec Fords often have, it will use less fuel and perform better on 95. gasohol E10 is fine

• 1 month later...

If Fiesta 1,6 has a knock sensor, as US spec Fords often have, it will use less fuel and perform better on 95. gasohol E10 is fine

Can anyone here confirm if the Thai spec 1.6 L Sport has a knock sensor?

I own a MK2 Golf GTi back home that can be fussy if I run it on anything but 95 ( Back there we can get 98 Octane on tap). It averages about 8.5L/100km and that is with some "sporting" driving on the odd occasion.

I am on the second week of running in the Fiesta Sport.

I am on my second tank of 95 and with mixed highway/city driving have averaged 8L/100km so far.

I am expecting that to drop though as its first 35kms ( when we picked up) it was at 25L/100km!! I guess they leave the car running for long periods when they are transporting them from Rayong?

Bit off topic i guess, but the Ford Fiesta 1600 has lost 600 car sales this month due to the 100K Baht scheme introduced by the new Government. 600 orders cancelled because the scheme has a max engine size of 1500 cc. What are these idiots thinking of? Why 1500 cc?

Bit off topic i guess, but the Ford Fiesta 1600 has lost 600 car sales this month due to the 100K Baht scheme introduced by the new Government. 600 orders cancelled because the scheme has a max engine size of 1500 cc. What are these idiots thinking of? Why 1500 cc?

Some of my Thai friends are saying that it is just a big rort.

Someone obviously made some secret handshakes with certain Car manufacturers. Seems to have upset Thailand ASEAN trading partners like Tata, Proton, Suzuki and others too.

I agree...what were they thinking?

Someone obviously made some secret handshakes with certain Car manufacturers. Seems to have upset Thailand ASEAN trading partners like Tata, Proton, Suzuki and others too.

I agree a deal already done. Ford and others must be really pissed off.

So if I roll into the nearest ford dealer (after these bloody floods have finished), could I score a good deal on a fiesta? - lower interest, more freebies?? There's 600 odd cars waiting to be picked up! BTW we won't qualify for the rebate anyway, if the government has a record of my wife owning a second hand car 10 years ago)..

So if I roll into the nearest ford dealer (after these bloody floods have finished), could I score a good deal on a fiesta? - lower interest, more freebies?? There's 600 odd cars waiting to be picked up! BTW we won't qualify for the rebate anyway, if the government has a record of my wife owning a second hand car 10 years ago)..

I would like to say yes and it would make sense, but you know better. TIT

Ford TH has not adjusted yet

Fiesta used to be 6 months ago, 10% down and 1,99% on 48 terms,

then went to 20% down and 2,25% on 48 terms,

and today is 20% down and 2,55% on 48 terms

however outgoing Ranger is today zero down and zero interest on 48 terms :)

Ford TH has not adjusted yet

Fiesta used to be 6 months ago, 10% down and 1,99% on 48 terms,

then went to 20% down and 2,25% on 48 terms,

and today is 20% down and 2,55% on 48 terms

however outgoing Ranger is today zero down and zero interest on 48 terms :)

Yes I'm waiting for a lower interest rate:) That's the same as the mazda 2. The ford dealer said the interest rate would continue to climb, but that was before this fiasco with the rebate. I actually prefer the jazz/city, but there's a long queue and no first class insurance to boot.

and after these floods in my area I'm thinking a new ford ranger would be better! Don't know if I want to drive such a large vehicle around Nonthaburi though..

Edited by culicine

2011 Fiesta 1.6 Trend sedan.

Fuel economy, my unscientific results over 3000 Km/ 6 months.

Usually carrying 2 persons.

City, but not extremely congested traffic; 10L/100km

Mix of city and highway driving, 8.5L/100km

General highway driving 90-120kph, 7.5L/100km

Mostly using E20

My wife mainly drives this car and while not a lead foot she drives a little harder than I do.

This car always seemed a little noisy to me (as did the test car) and felt slow to change up but serviced recently and an obvious difference, smoother, quieter but haven't driven enough yet to see any effect on fuel economy.

Can we get rid of the New Bit, i keep looking to see whats NEW. Nothing.

I mean the New unreleased version, not ford's "new ranger" on their website:)

new ranger is still for sale, despite being build on a +25 year old frame and floorplan. we are waiting for all new ranger

new fiesta will remain new until all new fiesta is out, 3 years?

new vios is still TH best selling car, despite all new vios is just around the corner :blink:

new ranger is still for sale, despite being build on a +25 year old frame and floorplan. we are waiting for all new ranger

new fiesta will remain new until all new fiesta is out, 3 years?

new vios is still TH best selling car, despite all new vios is just around the corner :blink:

Hehehe :)

The problem is that the average Thai buyer takes 12-18 months to realize there's a new model of a car now available, so if manufacturers pull the "new" label too early, they might get confused, lol :blink:

Based on visitor stats for Thai language motoring and manufacturer websites, almost 2/3rds are under 23 years old, almost 80% of visitors are students with zero income, and less than 10% are the 35+ year old primary buying demographic, so as a whole it would appear the buying public are not particuarly up-to-date..

BTW, next-gen Fiesta won't be in TH until at least 2015.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

And how about the "all new" mazda cx-5, just shown in a local online paper. Any more info on this MRO? Might be my choice for a 'raised' vehicle. Looks pretty nice and has the new sky-active engines. Don't think is will be available just yet though..

And how about the "all new" mazda cx-5, just shown in a local online paper. Any more info on this MRO? Might be my choice for a 'raised' vehicle. Looks pretty nice and has the new sky-active engines. Don't think is will be available just yet though..

There's still no confirmation on it's Thai release, but it will be hitting other RHD markets in Q1 2012.

There's still no confirmation on it's Thai release, but it will be hitting other RHD markets in Q1 2012.

Alright, thanks:)

Regarding the latest ford Deals,

We bought from Ford in Sukhumvit 62,

We got the Fiesta Sport 5 door "limited "Aurora Blue THB 719,000.

5% Down payment

Free 1st Yr Insurance,

Free Leather(Quite nice job too)

Free tint

Free Carpet mats

Free rubber boot liner

Free fuel 500 baht??(tank was nearly empty when we picked it up but!!)

Free Rain deflectors

Tried to get a few other things like free Xenons but sales guy said that was the best he could do.

SO far found the car nothing but a joy to drive. Steering and handling at speed is up there with my old Golf! Stereo with bluetooth is fun. Sound quality with 6 speakers is fantastic.

It is pretty decent build quality, feels very solid. Plastics are hard but, which I dont like. I will be removing the cheap looking chrome with piano black at some stage. Along with some Xenons to help brighten the road a bit at night. Most of the roads we drive are dark as at night.

We test drove nearly everything in the same price range (Jazz, Vios, Yaris, 2) and the Fiesta definitely stood out from the group as the one that suited us.

Regarding the latest ford Deals,

We bought from Ford in Sukhumvit 62,

We got the Fiesta Sport 5 door "limited "Aurora Blue THB 719,000.

5% Down payment

Free 1st Yr Insurance,

Free Leather(Quite nice job too)

Free tint

Free Carpet mats

Free rubber boot liner

Free fuel 500 baht??(tank was nearly empty when we picked it up but!!)

Free Rain deflectors

Tried to get a few other things like free Xenons but sales guy said that was the best he could do.

SO far found the car nothing but a joy to drive. Steering and handling at speed is up there with my old Golf! Stereo with bluetooth is fun. Sound quality with 6 speakers is fantastic.

It is pretty decent build quality, feels very solid. Plastics are hard but, which I dont like. I will be removing the cheap looking chrome with piano black at some stage. Along with some Xenons to help brighten the road a bit at night. Most of the roads we drive are dark as at night.

We test drove nearly everything in the same price range (Jazz, Vios, Yaris, 2) and the Fiesta definitely stood out from the group as the one that suited us.

5% downpayment, whats the interest on remainer and number of terms, or monthly payment on how many terms?