Tourist Visa For Thai Wife Any Clues Why So Long

My wife and I married in Australia not here applied for a tourist visa to go back to Australia for me to clean up some personal affairs have a short holiday then come back and settle down in our recently finished house in Non Sang.She was granted a tourist visa in october where we stayed in Australia for only 1 month and 2 weeks so no overstays or nothing. As my wife I have said I will be fully supporting her.The recepit from cc towers vfs say's we should of had a answer on the 19/01/2011 but now the 30th no answer no phone call or e-mail explaining why.Anybody else had to wait this long everbody say's the second visa is easier to get any clues or answer appreciated

Did you outline her tourist visa application as you've said here? ie, house here, home to clean up affairs,give some indication tongue fact that you WILL be returning?

We've had problems on both visa applications we submitted, and both times they were just returned. No phone call. No email. Nothing. (both could have been fixed easily via phone/email).

Their basic premise is not to make it easy, you HAVE to be spot on. The fact that you haven't got it back yet is probably more positive (IMHO), because it would indicate to me that they are looking into it.

Do give them a call, or rather get your wife to call. It's a pita trying to get thru, but by now there will be a case officer assigned to it and you should be able yo find out where it's at pretty quickly.

Did you outline her tourist visa application as you've said here? ie, house here, home to clean up affairs,give some indication tongue fact that you WILL be returning?

We've had problems on both visa applications we submitted, and both times they were just returned. No phone call. No email. Nothing. (both could have been fixed easily via phone/email).

Their basic premise is not to make it easy, you HAVE to be spot on. The fact that you haven't got it back yet is probably more positive (IMHO), because it would indicate to me that they are looking into it.

Do give them a call, or rather get your wife to call. It's a pita trying to get thru, but by now there will be a case officer assigned to it and you should be able yo find out where it's at pretty quickly.

[/quote

Outlined everything perfect even sent photos of house my wife and I and the monks blessing the house. Last visa she got showed house under construction by photo.Have tried ringing embassy can never get through sent e-mail to have them returned to me cannot deliver can you go to the embassy in person or not see I travel on a english passport with a resident return visa.Went to Australia 8 years old now 55 and its a long story why I havent got a Australian one.

Don't bother with emails, they won't answer that way. You can only do it in person or by phone. You have to bear with it, and you can only call at a certain time (it's all on their website), there is more than one number, there's a set of numbers , all consecutive. Don't use the first one, I've never got thru on that one. Use one of the others. Just keep trying.

When you do get thru I have found them to be quite helpful

I just went searching for it, but only found the generic numbers. The numbers you can call are only available for a very brief moment in the afternoon. Something like 2:30pm-4pm, but I can't recall exactly. At all other times it's just a generic recording. I know we've spent a good hour trying to get thru! One time I rang a random number on the embassy and the woman I got was VERY helpful, but she could have just as easily hung up on me. I don't recommend that route.

I know it sounds pointless, but you're either going to have to wait it out or keep trying that number (between the hours specified - whatever they are)