Work Permit

I was chatting with this African today about gem trading. It got me thinking.

We all have heard about the Uzbek girls busted for no WP, but whatabout African gem traders, or Indian touts outside the tailors. Or the Chinese in Chinatown?

I wonder if they sweat the WP issue?

Actually sorry to tell you but most of the "Indian touts" are actually Thai's born in Thailand with Indian heratige.

The African Gem Traders I have never seen in Thailand in 10 years.

The Chinese in China town are more Thai then the Thai's are if you study the history and most likely had Siam citizenship before Thailand was Thailand.

I wouldn't worry so much about these people as they are more likely to be covered then any "Farang" would be.

Typical Thai visa reply, hah. WHY ARE YOU ASKING QUESTIONS!? WHAT IS THIS, A FORUM? PIPE DOWN.

For what it's worth, he's right, many of the "Indian" tailor touts aren't from Thailand. On Sukhumvit they seem to be, but most tourist areas I go to they're Nepalese, Burmese, Indian, etc. Can't speak to African gem traders. The Chinese more Thai than Thai? That's a new one. How about they all have citizenship and are equally Thai? Sounds more likely.

Typical Thai visa reply, hah. WHY ARE YOU ASKING QUESTIONS!? WHAT IS THIS, A FORUM? PIPE DOWN.

For what it's worth, he's right, many of the "Indian" tailor touts aren't from Thailand. On Sukhumvit they seem to be, but most tourist areas I go to they're Nepalese, Burmese, Indian, etc. Can't speak to African gem traders. The Chinese more Thai than Thai? That's a new one. How about they all have citizenship and are equally Thai? Sounds more likely.

Thanks. Yeah your right about the previous response.

As far as the African's, I live in the major gem trading center, and most Africans here are connected with this. Great people who have assimilated very well.

I guess my question was. Since these nationalities seem to be more commerce minded, do they expedite the process, or do they jump through hoops as well.

I am friends with a Bangladeshi on my.

He doesn't even have a passport. He told me he just carries 500baht with him whenever he goes to work. He's been here over 20 years.

Like the sub-title says, Just wondering.

Actually sorry to tell you but most of the "Indian touts" are actually Thai's born in Thailand with Indian heratige.

The African Gem Traders I have never seen in Thailand in 10 years.

The Chinese in China town are more Thai then the Thai's are if you study the history and most likely had Siam citizenship before Thailand was Thailand.

I wouldn't worry so much about these people as they are more likely to be covered then any "Farang" would be.

Why is farang in quotations?

Do you have a problem?