Farang Bums In Bangkok?

Stan42

I know a guy in Bangkok who looks as if he hasnt 2 baht to rub together ,some years ago he was picked up by the local police as a vagrant ,they let him go when his wife turned up and proved how much he was really worth , and believe me he is rich ,some people just do not care about their appearance and hoard money just for the sake of it.

by the way ,he still walks around looking like a bloomin tramp . :)

years ago, I was teaching karate in LA. There was a club next door, a couple of restaurants and a big parking lot behind. There was an old lady who used to sweep the parking lot, check the bins for thrown out food etc. We all tried to help her, with little make work jobs, and the owner of the parking lot let her stay in this tiny shack storage room. She appeared mentally competent, just homeless and broke, not lazy by any means. Several years later she died, old age I guess. A few months later a couple of suits came in the karate studio asking about her. Did we know of any relatives? They said she had millions in the bank, but never touched it, and they didn't know what to do with it. you never know, although I doubt this is the case in Bangkok

I guess some Bkk members will remember the French lady with two children in tow who used to front up to farangs and ask for money. I encountered her several times on South Sathorn road, but haven't seen her for a few years.

Edited by scorecard

Finally: Approaching mental people always comes with the risk of being punched or stabbed. Trust me on this one, no really, trust me, I know what I'm talking about. They don't check these people for lethal objects when entering a mental insitute for nothing.

I'm glad I don't have to trust you, with all that unsubstantiated media paranoia. :rolleyes:

Finally: Approaching mental people always comes with the risk of being punched or stabbed. Trust me on this one, no really, trust me, I know what I'm talking about. They don't check these people for lethal objects when entering a mental insitute for nothing.

I'm glad I don't have to trust you, with all that unsubstantiated media paranoia. :rolleyes:

Stan, I don't know if you're for real or not, but that's just so wrong! My point was that someone with just a small amount of humanity who sees this guy could talk to him.I doubt very much that he is going to pull out a long knife and carve anyone up!

Its strange how in times of natural disaster - cyclones and earthquakes, people do extraordinary things to help each other, but everyday, no, lets just walk on.

When I lived in central London many years ago I used to be intrigued that if you were on the streets before 7am most of the delivery people and others, were always friendly and said hello to you. After 7am it was like the school bell had rung - it just suddenly all stopped.

Stan, I don't know if you're for real or not, but that's just so wrong! My point was that someone with just a small amount of humanity who sees this guy could talk to him.I doubt very much that he is going to pull out a long knife and carve anyone up!

Its strange how in times of natural disaster - cyclones and earthquakes, people do extraordinary things to help each other, but everyday, no, lets just walk on.

When I lived in central London many years ago I used to be intrigued that if you were on the streets before 7am most of the delivery people and others, were always friendly and said hello to you. After 7am it was like the school bell had rung - it just suddenly all stopped.

I may be wrong (morally), but I do belong to the majority of the population, like you said in the latter part of your post. I remember this show where they got two actors to walk down the street and pretend to drop dead. One was a beautiful woman, practically everyone around her helped her each time. The other was dressed as a bum, on the 10th try, after 2 hours, someone finally approached him.

I guess some Bkk members will remember the French lady with two children in tow who used to front up to farangs and ask for money. I encountered her several times on South Sathorn road, but haven't seen her for a few years.

There was French guy in Chiang Mai for years who told everyone he met that he had just had everything stolen and could they help him out. However, if you told him you could not speak French, he would leave you alone and look for a French speaking sucker.