Farang Bums In Bangkok?

Stan42

So I read about this once, but I just noticed myself that there's a farang bum hanging around my soi. As in, ragged hair, full beard, torn clothes, no shoes, covered in dirt and grime, and he's got this creepy thousand yard stare. I don't dare to approach him, but what do you think his story is?

ragged hair, full beard, torn clothes, no shoes, covered in dirt and grime, and he's got this creepy thousand yard stare.

Most of these guys prefer to live this way, they're usually rich guys who just love the carefree lifestyle

ragged hair, full beard, torn clothes, no shoes, covered in dirt and grime, and he's got this creepy thousand yard stare.

Most of these guys prefer to live this way, they're usually rich guys who just love the carefree lifestyle

Yes, I myself know many millionaires who prefer to walk around in torn clothes and no shoes smelling like they haven't had a bath in 6 months. Such a carefree lifestyle!

Edited by onnut

Yes, I myself know many millionaires who prefer to walk around in torn clothes and no shoes smelling like they haven't had a bath in 6 months. Such a carefree lifestyle!

That sounds a lot like that Mell Brook's movie "Life stinks", or to quote Homer Simpson: "I'd rather be out there, in the jungle, naked, swinging from tree to tree!"

Bu99er, I thought this was going to be about curvy Western ladies :P

... the courage to change the things that I can...

Personally, I think the Western ladies in Singapore are more attractive than the Western ladies in Bangkok. Westerners in Bangkok tend to be too casually dressed for my tastes, while the SIngapore climate makes for less heavy dressing than HK

SC

Don't suppose you ever considered asking if the guy needs some help?

It's truly amazing how people can be dying in the street and everyone passes by. A few weeks ago a crowd of people watched a mother and son drown in my home city of Toowoomba Australia. There car got stuck in flood water, called emergency services and the said wait in the car. Mean while a crowd of spectators watched as the water rose, finally one old man came to help and got one of the children out but could not go back for the others before the car washed away. All this happen while the onlookers just watched, if they had acted sooner it would have been a very different outcome.

I dunno, my Mommy always warned me not to talk to strangers :whistling:. Besides, it doesn't seem... healthy, to approach someone like that.

Talk to him yourself, Sukhumvit Soi 24, hangs out around the 7/11, parrot cafe etc.

It's truly amazing how people can be dying in the street and everyone passes by. A few weeks ago a crowd of people watched a mother and son drown in my home city of Toowoomba Australia. There car got stuck in flood water, called emergency services and the said wait in the car. Mean while a crowd of spectators watched as the water rose, finally one old man came to help and got one of the children out but could not go back for the others before the car washed away. All this happen while the onlookers just watched, if they had acted sooner it would have been a very different outcome.

" Toowoomba " . Not many people can say that for a hometown. What are the towns around it called ?

Sometimes I miss the old, pre-Internet days when instead of posting about this on an Internet forum, one would indeed have talked to the man, maybe even tried to help him. Is it possible that despite this being the Internet age, one could still do that? Would it be such a great risk?

" Toowoomba " . Not many people can say that for a hometown. What are the towns around it called ?

Well Toowoomba is a city, I went to school in Oakey, Toowoomba and Gatton then I went to the the DDIAE which is now the USQ. Close towns are Withcott, Highfields, Charlton, and Wyreema. Is this a test pf some sort?

we've got a new addition to the samui bum scene. bare foot every day for weeks wearing the same clothes, asking everyone including thais for spare change. calculating demeanor as i've watched him pick his targets, appears physically fit as he strides up and down the beach road and doesn't appear to be losing any weight.

the only thing that can help this man is a generation of welfare, subsidized housing, free healthcare and of course a scholarship to a prestigious university so that he can earn a liberal arts degree.

Couldn't agree more Gary. Maybe, just maybe the guy has an untreated mental illness, and doesn't know where to go for help or is too scared to ask anyone. The fact that he is in such a poor physical condition and is living on the street is a fairly good indicator.

A few years ago I asked a large class of 23yr old university students what the word, altruism meant ? - they didn't know, and they were about to go and work in health and welfare jobs.

Where do l stand, dress like a millionaire, but not a pot to piss in. :lol:

Couldn't agree more Gary. Maybe, just maybe the guy has an untreated mental illness, and doesn't know where to go for help or is too scared to ask anyone. The fact that he is in such a poor physical condition and is living on the street is a fairly good indicator.

A few years ago I asked a large class of 23yr old university students what the word, altruism meant ? - they didn't know, and they were about to go and work in health and welfare jobs.

The key word here is farang. I mean there are plenty of Thai bums, but a farang bum? At some point in the past he must have had enough money to travel all the way to Bangkok. Even if he is mentally ill, it must have happened here. Conclusion:

A. He went bankrupt or something while in Bangkok.

B. Bangkok was too much for him and he went bonkers :D.

C. He's wanted for some serious crime in his home country.

D. He met a really, really bad Thai girl who suckered him good.

Finally: Approaching mental people always comes with the risk of being punched or stabbed. Trust me on this one, no really, trust me, I know what I'm talking about. They don't check these people for lethal objects when entering a mental insitute for nothing.

So I read about this once, but I just noticed myself that there's a farang bum hanging around my soi. As in, ragged hair, full beard, torn clothes, no shoes, covered in dirt and grime, and he's got this creepy thousand yard stare. I don't dare to approach him, but what do you think his story is?

Sounds like Suk 13. Saw a weirdo like that there the other day too... !!!