Bang Saen

Anyone been to Bang Saen for the day ?

advice on how long take to drive on Sunday morning am leaving Rangsit about 8am I reckon will arrive before 10am

Looking to spend time on the beach ? any reccomendations on where is the best spot for chilling on a chair under an umbrella

Parking is it a problem ? can you park on the seafront?

any nice places to eat

many thanks

Dave

I rode down there with the missus last Sunday.

Wasnt that impressed. People were unfriendly. Food was average. Water is only waist high. Would certainly keep on going and go to another beach next time.

My ride report with pics is here.

http://www.cbr250.org/forums/showthread.php?174-Bang-Saen-Daytrip.-CBR-250.

Great trip report! Man, I thought Pattaya had a bunch of umbrellas on the beach...unreal. I might recommend Bang Saray or even down to Ban Chang, south of Sattahip. Some nice beaches there, Phala, Phayun (my favorite with a great restaurant and tables right on the sand), Naamrin. There is suppose to be a great beach on the navy base at Sattahip. You can get in, just have to leave your id at the gate. I've heard it is stunning. Here are the directions I was given, but I have not been there. I'll try and find the post that this was in....

Sattahip Beach: enter on 3126, photos in post 4 are from Sai Kaow beach (Beach 3) which is at Kilo 167 coming down Sukhumvit. Entrance beside overhead walkway. Charge is 60 Bt per farang and 30 Bt for Thai. Children 10 Bt. Deck chairs are 30 Bt of which 10 Bt is refunded on return of deckchair. Lovely beach when the tide is full, as per the photos. A bit of a walk, and little depth when the tide is out, but good for young kids to make sandcastles etc. Next you'll come to a pedestrian walkway just south of Bang Saree--just a few kilometers. Just past that, I believe, is the right turn to the beach. You'll see soldiers guarding it. You stop just past the soldiers in a parking lot and go inside and give them your passport or a Thai person's id. After that, you just follow the road through another checkpoint for about 5 or 10 kilometers to get to the beach. On the left side of the beach you'll find the songtaews to take you into the more secluded beach.

Here's another interesting thread, which mentions this beach in post #6:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/407032-nice-quiet-beaches-for-a-day-trip/page__p__3956142__hl__sattahip+beach__fromsearch__1#entry3956142