Infrared (irda) Internet Connection

remmy

Is it possible to connect to internet using IrDA? I have two notebook PC one connected to internet using LAN. I can transfer files using IrDA between two PC and make a connection with a speed of 4Mbps. But when I tried to browse internet using the second PC , it dont work, it cannot connect to internet.

I have only one LAN port in my room so, if IrDA cant be used to connect internet is it possible to split the LAN connection using maybe a Hub or router?

Is it possible to connect to internet using IrDA? I have two notebook PC one connected to internet using LAN. I can transfer files using IrDA between two PC and make a connection with a speed of 4Mbps. But when I tried to browse internet using the second PC , it dont work, it cannot connect to internet.

I have only one LAN port in my room so, if IrDA cant be used to connect internet is it possible to split the LAN connection using maybe a Hub or router?

On the system you have internet connection to is that connection shared? You may try to share the local area connection and try to connect that way.

I know this is possible with Bluetooth mobile phone but I am not sure it works via IrDA

Laptop to laptop?