Land Hitch Delays New Bangkok Skytrain Line

webfact

I've been told that the Udom Suk station had been finished for some time but a problem lies in the fact that the new trains (different from the ones currently in use) were not quite measured correctly to fit the tracks and had to be re-ordered. The station is complete, has guards patrolling, but nobody can use it. Typical.

So you think they ordered trains that were different measurements to the ones in use? That's some incompetence.

From what I've been told, there was a delay in the signing of an electrical contract.

So, the stations may be ready, and the trains are running anyway, but they can't run on the new tracks until the electricity is sorted out.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the new Chinese cars on the Silom line run very harshly. The starts and stops are far from being a smooth experience. There is a lot of jerking and sudden stops with rapid acceleration. People really have to hold on and get used to this otherwise they are being tossed around quite effortlessly. Hope they get that sorted out because it wasn't like it with the Porsche design studio cars.

Incompetance , major or minor , to my understanding "Failure to take the neccessary knowledge , information , tools , equpment or all uther neccessities to the job or project at hand " . All excuses , pointing of fingers , reference to others be they nations or contractors have no relevance to the one in which you are involved , bosses in China have been shot for less .