T.O.T Cuts Off 3Bb Customers

soap

Since last Friday i have had no internet in my village house,

i have been told that the overhead phone lines that we have used for over 6 years

belong to T.O.T but they have allowed 3BB to share.

But last Friday without any notice they cut the internet access to 3BB

this is not just my village but i believe also 3 large Towns up here in North Thailand.

I went to see T.O.T on Monday and they confirmed that all 3BB shared lines had been cut

they said it would take a week or 10 days (Thai Time)to connect to their cables and then they wanted 3,750 Baht

to reconnect,i later found out that this 3,750 Bhat is mostly for a Wi Fi modem

so anyone in the same boat make sure you know what your paying for.

I think its a disgrace that they can cut paying customers off without any notice,

If this is how they treat their future new customers i fear the worst

Its a pretty despicable action without a decent amount of notice.

I pay my Phone Bill to TOT and Internet to 3BB so I Guess I could be next.

Whats it all about ? Some sort of falling out and TOT taking there Ball home ?

I went to T.O.T head office in Chaingrai today the nearest i got was a customer service girl

who looked as if she was just happy to have a job.

She did ring my distict office in Phan and i believe was told they are just starting to put

their own cables in, i asked how long one or two weeks or a month only to get a nice smile and a i dont know look.

I did get the bill down from 3,750 Bhat to about 540 Bhat the first time i went in they gave no options except

paying the 3,750 Bhat for a Wi Fi modem,it was only when i said that all i want is the internet line i have the

modem that the price come down.

I know my village and phan district plus Lamphun have had no internet since last Friday,they turned Mae Chan off

on Tuesday,so Jubby i think you will be in the same boat as the rest of us,they will come along and cut you off then scratch their heads and start putting new cable in.Its a case of logic going out of the window if only they had started laying the cables 2 months ago.

I have now put plan B into operation dont be surprised if you get a couple of carrier pigeons dropping in

Edited by soap

Bloody TOT 's been buggering about with their internet 'connection' here on Phuket for the past two weeks. Most days lucky to have a connect for an hour or so.

Several calls to their 1100 number, and then their local 'tehnicians' number hasn't improved the situation much and have been fobbed off with usual lies 'cable broken' me 'where' staff 'silence'. For two whole weeks?!

So seems as though they've been ineptly attempting to replace their cables arse about face?

Sick of the way 'business' is run here. Bloody children. No one cares/takes responsibility/tells you the facts, leaving you in the dark wondering when the dreaded red light of death will next appear. They should grow the fck UP!

I just came back to Chiang Mai last Sunday after 2 months away and found my internet not working. A call to the helpline produced a quick response call from an engineer who got me to reboot my router which did nothing but at least I thought I was getting somewhere. 6 days and many phone calls and visits to 3BB shops I still have no internet and have received the 'some of the old nodes, up to 60, which belong to TT&T need to be replaced'. Still I know that if I was a new customer I would be getting a new line in probably in less than 48 hrs so I guess old customers are just at the back of the queue.

Does anyone know where is the main (head) office of 3BB in Chiang Mai> I was given a number of the 'main engineer' in Chiang Mai but he never answers the phone. :-(

I pay for a phone line to TOT. OK, its only 100 + a month but I'm still a customer. Surely they won't cut off there own customers !?

I have had a T.O.T phone line for over 15 years and they cut my internet 3BB, internet line off without

giving any notice.

The locals in my village say they think we will be back on with T.O.T internet line on the 10th

of this month,making it two weeks without an internet line

Bloody TOT 's been buggering about with their internet 'connection' for the past two weeks.

Sick of the way 'business' is run here. Bloody children. They should grow the fck UP!

You're new here aren't you? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call 14 years 'new'. Your stupid point being ... ?

My own 3B connection was cut 26th Jan without warning.

Going to the 3B shop got the response that they now no longer have access to the phone lines and have no or little intention of putting their own into the village in the foreseeble future.

No option but a forced cancellation of internet service.

Phoneline TOT/TTT no longer works either so cancelled that as well. Was asked if I wanted to keep paying the bill to avoid reconnection fee when they install their own lines. When will your own lines be installed I asked? No idea! Unphucking believable. Total bad joke and absolute indifference to any form of customer service.

There was a queue of customers with the same problem/complaints.

When I asked at TOT about an ADSL connection they were at least honest enough to admit their phone lines in the village were crap and barely up to the job.

So access now through the trusty Samsung using EDGE.

TOT and CAT are single-handedly responsible for making the internet connections worse in Thailand. They're also blocking 3G.

I can't help but think this has something to do with the democrat government - people in power now have more connection to TOT and CAT money than they have to AIS / 3BB money. True seems to have good relations as they're unaffected.

My 3BB has been useless for months and I think it has to do with TOT cutting them off from the international gateways or something like that. 3BB of course is also pretty incompetent, yet everywhere, which means their customer service is next to useless. If it doesn't work - don't expect them to fix it.

If you're wondering what it's all about - it's very simple. It's old monopolists that are totally incompetent when it comes to end user service competing the only way they can - by cutting everyone else off.

Recent sign-up experience with TOT: 45 minutes at the office doing I don't know what, mostly sitting around waiting. Call back in 7 days (for what??). Back to the office, another 30 minutes signing one form and then sitting around while the worker there apparently signed up a TOT customer for the first time ever. 4 days later, TOT tech comes, can't install the line. That's where we're at. How can TOT compete with a private company when all you'd need to do to be better is to not suck? Simple - by exploiting their monopoly.

Well 7 days and 4 hours after my 1st of 8 calls the engineers just left my condo and my internet works again. The silver lining to this cloud is that my new line connects at :

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 636

Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 7230

which is one meg better than before. I'm on the 6Mbps Indy package.

When I first had the MAXNet service installed I had the chang in the condo install cat5 cable from the box on the wall outside because I wanted the better quality (twisted pair) cabling. This just proved really useful because they could run my new internet (3BB) line on one pair and leave my old TT&T phone line connected on a separate pair. They had suggested joining the two signals together outside because they didn't realise I had spare pairs which would according to them have degraded the signal.

So after a long wait and a a promise not to charge me for the period of no connectivity I guess I'm happy to be on the new cabling direct to 3BB with it's faster speeds. :jap:

I pay for a phone line to TOT. OK, its only 100 + a month but I'm still a customer. Surely they won't cut off there own customers !?

I have had a T.O.T phone line for over 15 years and they cut my internet 3BB, internet line off without

giving any notice.

The locals in my village say they think we will be back on with T.O.T internet line on the 10th

of this month,making it two weeks without an internet line

Soap. The Barstewards took my service this morning. Wife spoke to them, they knew the service was going but didnt know how to tell there customers. I feel sorry for them, Its all about face. They have also just taken a months payment up front. Only in Thailand. must be thousands of us in the lurch. I can logon to my router and see the line is available, they've just took down the service.

Just borrowed a mates dongle for internet connection. So will they try to assist us, or do we just have to put this shit behind us and try to get a service via TOT ?

I don't understand what you mean with TOT/TTT lines. TT&T have always used TOT's lines, they don't have any lines of their own. It's all they have, without these lines TT&T is an empty company. In Pattaya TT&T's lines start 038-7xxxxx, that's how you know it's a TT&T line. The invoice appears to be from TOT. Is that the kind of lines we are talking about no longer working with 3BB (ex. Maxnet)?

Is this specific to certain areas in Thailand? Has anybody in Pattaya had this problem?

Edited by Phil Conners

Phil Conners you are correct, up to a point

TOT and TT&T are "sister" companies but what happened was that TOT saw that TT&T's Internet "division" was eating into TOT's Internet profits so TT&T split off their Internet offering via the Triple "B" Broadband branding, hoping that would distance them from TOT

Well TOT has decided that their "contract" to supply TT&T with the use of their lines does not extend to Triple B, ergo the change in policy, leaving everyone in a lurch

I only found out about this when I posted a complained here at TV about having to pay a Triple B technician a "bribe" to run a new phone line in my condo to bring the phone signal back into my room

I don't understand what you mean with TOT/TTT lines. TT&T have always used TOT's lines, they don't have any lines of their own. It's all they have, without these lines TT&T is an empty company. In Pattaya TT&T's lines start 038-7xxxxx, that's how you know it's a TT&T line. The invoice appears to be from TOT. Is that the kind of lines we are talking about no longer working with 3BB (ex. Maxnet)?

Is this specific to certain areas in Thailand? Has anybody in Pattaya had this problem?

My Line was installed by TT&T. TOT couldnt be arsed doing it. I pay my bill to TOT.

The line is still available. 3bb have just switched us off at the control centre.

My Line was installed by TT&T. TOT couldnt be arsed doing it. I pay my bill to TOT.

The line is still available. 3bb have just switched us off at the control centre.

Your line was installed by TT&T under a concession from TOT

Look at your bill closely and you will see that it is provided by TOT for TT&T

They switched you off at the control center because you were using a TOT line

My own 3B connection was cut 26th Jan without warning.

Going to the 3B shop got the response that they now no longer have access to the phone lines and have no or little intention of putting their own into the village in the foreseeble future.

No option but a forced cancellation of internet service.

Phoneline TOT/TTT no longer works either so cancelled that as well. Was asked if I wanted to keep paying the bill to avoid reconnection fee when they install their own lines. When will your own lines be installed I asked? No idea! Unphucking believable. Total bad joke and absolute indifference to any form of customer service.

There was a queue of customers with the same problem/complaints.

When I asked at TOT about an ADSL connection they were at least honest enough to admit their phone lines in the village were crap and barely up to the job.

So access now through the trusty Samsung using EDGE.

I went thru the same ordeal in December. After applying at TOT for Internet I finally was informed after 5 weeks that they could not supply DSL but would install satellite Internet, I declined. We also have crappy lines but they provided an excellent 6MB.

So after 5 weeks of lies and endless phone calls with TOT, I went to CAT in Korat and in less than an hour I had bought a modem and signed up for 790 Baht unlimited. It is advertised as 3MB speed but the CAT office told me I would probably get approx 1MB. I actually download at a little over 1.5 MB and web pages are fast to load.

But the 6MB DSL was better and I can't understand why TOT has screwed so many people over. The equipment (DSLAMS and lines. etc) are OK, they were being used everyday until TOT switched them off.

IF 3bb runs a direct line to your house you should have a better connection. BUT, you may be in a village where they will refuse to provide service and you will have no DSL options.

Well, so how come only some people have been disconnected? I have a TT&T ("concessioned from TOT") and still have 3BB (knock wood). If TOT has made a global decision not to allow 3BB over "their" (TT&T's) lines why not shut them all off at the same time?

I know TOT will not deliver 3BB over their lines, so how is 3BB going to stay in business? Are they going to put up their own line infrastructure? That sounds like complete madness given the "last mile" line generally is already in place (by TOT).

Maybe now is a good time to apply for a True line, even though I'm quite happy with 3BB.

Edited by Phil Conners

Well, so how come only some people have been disconnected? I have a TT&T ("concessioned from TOT") and still have 3BB (knock wood). If TOT has made a global decision not to allow 3BB over "their" (TT&T's) lines why not shut them all off at the same time?

I know TOT will not deliver 3BB over their lines, so how is 3BB going to stay in business? Are they going to put up their own line infrastructure? That sounds like complete madness given the "last mile" line generally is already in place (by TOT).

Maybe now is a good time to apply for a True line, even though I'm quite happy with 3BB.

I do not know why it wasn't done all at once. I first read about the problem in another forum back in October and thought I was OK until my Internet was disconnected in December. The worst part was first 3bb said it was an area equipment failure and they were working on it. 3bb was really stupid. instead of misleading their customers and keeping them in the dark they should have gone public and maybe TOT would have backed down. Finally after many phone calls they said they could or would not provide service. True is not in this area and TOT said OK but then 5 weeks later said no DSL only satellite.

And yes 3bb has to run a separate line to each customer and they seem to be doing this by running their lines where there is heavier Internet usage and telling the light usage villages or areas they will not provide service.

If True ever comes to this area I will sign up but I try my best to not do business with TOT. The equipment is there they just need to turn the switch back on but TOT is the 'NO CAN DO' Monopoly.

^^"how is 3BB going to stay in business? Are they going to put up their own line infrastructure?" I have had 3BB for a year now. They installed their own line, with proper grounding rod and a new junction box alongside the older telephone cable/box which I have never used, so no 100B per month which I had to pay before at a different place despite no phone. 3BB has been intermittent but no lengthy downtime. Amornivet near airport plaza. FWIW. Cheers

As if the sky over Pattaya wasn't polluted enough with ugly "last mile" phone cables....

Oh well, maybe I should ask 3BB if they can put in a direct line, just to be safe. But where (in Pattaya) are they these days? They used to have a stall in Carrefour but last I was there it was gone ....

I found there office on Sukhumvit road just passed soi khao noi. I got a engineer to put a new cable into my house so I have a separate direct line for my 3bb internet, still have my old line for the telephone cost 500 baht.

Regards

Scotsman

As if the sky over Pattaya wasn't polluted enough with ugly "last mile" phone cables....

Oh well, maybe I should ask 3BB if they can put in a direct line, just to be safe. But where (in Pattaya) are they these days? They used to have a stall in Carrefour but last I was there it was gone ....

Thanks. Which side of Sukhumvit are they on, east or west side? Just past Soi Kao Noi in which direction?

Its on the same side as the soi itself just passed soi kao Noi going to sattahip cant miss it with the 3BB sign small shop.

Regards

Scotsman

It is still in Carrefour, but it is now tucked away beside the food court. The good news is the queues are shorter. Big C in North Pattaya also has a stall.

I went to the 3BB shop on Sukhumvit road (Pattaya) earlier this week, bringing my last 3BB invoice and explained them the situation and that I was worried TT&T might cut my Internet access as they've done other places. Asked them to put up a dedicated 3BB line. After a glance at my invoice the girl in the shop said some number on the invoice indicated I already had a 3BB line. I asked them where that was as I didn't know of that, and she answered that she would send a guy around to check it out. Two days later they came and of course there was no line. The day after they pulled a new dedicated 3BB line for me. No charge.

I went to the 3BB shop on Sukhumvit road (Pattaya) earlier this week, bringing my last 3BB invoice and explained them the situation and that I was worried TT&T might cut my Internet access as they've done other places. Asked them to put up a dedicated 3BB line. After a glance at my invoice the girl in the shop said some number on the invoice indicated I already had a 3BB line. I asked them where that was as I didn't know of that, and she answered that she would send a guy around to check it out. Two days later they came and of course there was no line. The day after they pulled a new dedicated 3BB line for me. No charge.

That would be the outside line? As 3bb have been updating all there outside lines. My line outside my house was updated a few months ago but the line going inside my house was shared with my telephone line at the electric pole outside coming from a black box. I was told my telephone line was interfering with my 3bb connection as its split into 2 in the roof for 2 telephones and the cable is over 9 years old. I had to get a engineer to install a new direct wire into my house just for the broadband with a different box outside on the electric pole now my telephone is separate from my 3bb broadband service but the cost of new wire into my house was 500 baht but it works a lot better now and they can't use my telephone wire as an excuse anymore.

Regards

Scotsman

^ Yes this was the outside line. I take care of everything from the street connection point into the house myself. Yes, often the cables from the street connection point into the house are old and noisy and would be a good idea to replace. I put in a thick 4-pair twisted pair myself allowing 4 separate lines into the house.