T.O.T Cuts Off 3Bb Customers

soap

We are now into are third week of our internet being cut off by T.O.T

I believe there could be as many as 12,000 customers who have paid month in and month out

for years in the same boat.

We were told by T.O.T 100% we would have internet on the 10th February then 150% on the 11th

now all we get is sooooon.

I dont know what company started this shambles but i blame T.O.T

they knew that they were going to cut people off and they were happy to do this without

caring about their phone customers or have any plan in place to deal with this shambles.

I have paid the T.O.T phone bill for over 15 years,about 6 years ago the village head man

asked anyone who wanted internet to put their name down,we have paid the internet bill to first Maxnet then 3BB we did not get any other option from T.O.T.

Has far as i am concerned its a Disgrace

TOT could actually be the good guy in this Soap. Atleast for you. They ain't coming to my rescue. I'm up the creak without a paddle.

3BB almost certainly knew this was comming. they have been installing there own lines for a while now. they accidentally on a purpose forgot about us, 12,000 of us slipped through the net. no pun intended. I read that some exec at 3bb said as much, also read that just 20 customers complained to a telecom watchdog out of the 12k. Maybe the 20 got the service re-instated.

TT&T are guilty of something also, they are scrambling to give us a free 56kbps dial up service, (why would they bother if its not there fault) , and are thinking of going into the internet business themselves in a few months. I hope they do because TOT staff are painting there nails with me as they have been doing for the last 15 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody TOT 's been buggering about with their internet 'connection' for the past two weeks.

Sick of the way 'business' is run here. Bloody children. They should grow the fck UP!

You're new here aren't you? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call 14 years 'new'. Your stupid point being ... ?

I think what he meant was that anyone who has lived in Thailand for any length of time becomes accustomed to poor customer service.

He had a good point.

As if the sky over Pattaya wasn't polluted enough with ugly "last mile" phone cables....

Oh well, maybe I should ask 3BB if they can put in a direct line, just to be safe. But where (in Pattaya) are they these days? They used to have a stall in Carrefour but last I was there it was gone ....

They have moved into the food court area downstairs. It's next to the little coffee shop on the left side as you're walking in.

If you had trouble understanding them in the old upstairs location, be prepared for a real treat. The food court are where they are now has very loud background noise so it is very difficult to hear what they are saying unless you get up close.

I found out I wasn't able to transfer my connection to the new place I'm moving to as there are no lines connections available (if using TOT line).

Another customer mentioned to me he has changed to the TOT 8Mb/1Mb internet service and he finds it very good. Perhaps I will do the same.

Edited by tropo

I got cut without any notice and 'dummies' at the help line were totally unaware of why. Later found out that their lease with TOT lines expired [without notice?] and they just dumped me after being a loyal bill paying customer for almost 8 yrs.

Ended up having TOT install new lines altho TTT lines were in place at a cost of 9,000thb. Bitched about having to install the lines, but it turned out that I am now getting 4x the speed of tripple bbbulsh#&t at less than half the price.

With the tripple bs bandits, I was paying for 12mb [as advertised] but only receiving 100kb on a good day. Glad to be rid of those bstrds.

I got cut without any notice and 'dummies' at the help line were totally unaware of why. Later found out that their lease with TOT lines expired [without notice?] and they just dumped me after being a loyal bill paying customer for almost 8 yrs.

Ended up having TOT install new lines altho TTT lines were in place at a cost of 9,000thb. Bitched about having to install the lines, but it turned out that I am now getting 4x the speed of tripple bbbulsh#&t at less than half the price.

With the tripple bs bandits, I was paying for 12mb [as advertised] but only receiving 100kb on a good day. Glad to be rid of those bstrds.

jaideeguy, I had the exact same scenario happen to me in December except that TOT would not run a line to my house and only offered Satellite Internet which I declined. It was frustrating knowing the hardware was all in place and still is but I was cutoff. I now have CAT CDMA which works fine except not as fast as my previous DSL connection but much better than EDGE.