How To Get Thai Birth Cert & Passport For Child Born In Uk

feasantplukka

My wife is Thai, I am British, we are both now living in the UK, I have a son already with dual nationality, he was born in Thailand,I have another son due to be born in April,I would also like him to have dual nationality, has anyone any info on the procedure to get a Thai Birth Cert & Passport, while living in the UK, :unsure:

The procedure is the register the birth with the authorities, and with the UK birth certificate your register the birth at the Thai embassy in London and at the same time you can apply for a Thai passport for the baby.

You can find the procedure and documents at the embassy website.

You have to do it in the UK, as the ambassy acts as the amphur for Thai people born in the UK and only they can issue a Thai birth certificate.

The procedure is the register the birth with the authorities, and with the UK birth certificate your register the birth at the Thai embassy in London and at the same time you can apply for a Thai passport for the baby.

You have to do it in the UK, as the ambassy acts as the amphur for Thai people born in the UK and only they can issue a Thai birth certificate.

can the applications be done in a days visit, reason I'm asking is I live 3hrs from London, so would probably go by train, I would imagine the documents would be processed and forwarded at a later date :rolleyes:

can the applications be done in a days visit, reason I'm asking is I live 3hrs from London, so would probably go by train, I would imagine the documents would be processed and forwarded at a later date :rolleyes:

you need to ring and make an appointment, but I'd set aside the whole day given the distance.

Docs can then be posted to you, but passport application and photos need to be done at the embassy.

Best phone them soon to see when an appointment is available, i wanted to register my daughter and i had the next week off, so phoned them thinking i would make an appointment within 10 days, only to be offered one 2 months after.