The King'S Speech

Thailand

As posted on MovieSeer.com

The King's Speech (2010) iconTheStaWr.pngiconTheStaWr.pngiconTheStaWr.pngiconTheStaWr.pngiconTheStaWr.png Summary: The film tells the story of the man who became King George VI, the father of Queen Elizabeth II. After his brother abdicates, George ('Bertie') reluctantly assumes the throne. Plagued by a dreaded stutter and considered unfit to be king, Bertie engag... Release Date: February 03, 2011 Rating: น 15+ Genre: Drama, History Duration: 1hr 58mins

Rolled up to see it to be told it is not here only in Bangkok but can't find it on MajorCineplex.com - banned, not arrived or what?

I have seen the movie a month ago, great movie, but at the end when the king was giving speech about war with Germany, there was this background music by German composer Beethoven's Symphony no.7, which I found it very strange since England has so many great composers. I am puzzle at why the movie's maker chose German Composer over British composer, after all this is for the king of England not the Kaiser of Germany.

I have seen the movie a month ago, great movie, but at the end when the king was giving speech about war with Germany, there was this background music by German composer Beethoven's Symphony no.7, which I found it very strange since England has so many great composers. I am puzzle at why the movie's maker chose German Composer over British composer, after all this is for the king of England not the Kaiser of Germany.

perhaps it is because the british royal family is actually german?

I've been on the back of many bikes looking for True Grit too! Where is it!

True Grit (2010) iconTheStaWr.pngiconTheStaWr.pngiconTheStaWr.pngiconTheStaWr.pngiconTheStaWr.png Summary: Following the murder of her father by hired hand Tom Chaney, 14-year-old farm girl Mattie Ross (Hailee Steinfeld) sets out to capture the killer. To aid her, she hires the toughest U.S. marshal she can find, a man with "true grit," Reuben J. "Rooster... Release Date: February 24, 2011

The Kings Speech- looks like Bangkok only

http://www.movieseer.com/th/showtimes.aspx/movie/19114

Edited by Thailand

They have started showing the occasional movie with English soundtrack at Vista again.

Saw The Next 3 days (Russell Crowe) last night - I thought it was 'interesting' and quite liked it.

Edited by uptheos

Invest in Hotfile about £6 a month you can have all you want

I don't care what file anyone invests in, you can't beat the movies on the big screen....and it gets you out the house.

Couldn't agree more, love going to the movies if I can get a lift sure, what's a film without fresh popcorn!

thumbsup.gif Great bargains. Vista 70 Baht Mon - Fri and Cineplex 80 Baht for us mature types.

Can't you wear roller skates and hang on the back of a truck?

"The King's Speech" has been criticized by those who suppose historical cinema stories should bear some relationship to reality. They say that George's initial approval of appeasement (German sympathies) were not developed accurately. (Of course, a fear of Stalin and Russian communism was in fashion in certain circles then.)

Perhaps the 7th is a slight reminder as well as of the family's German heritage. At least it was not Wagner.

"The King's Speech" has been criticized by those who suppose historical cinema stories should bear some relationship to reality. They say that George's initial approval of appeasement (German sympathies) were not developed accurately. (Of course, a fear of Stalin and Russian communism was in fashion in certain circles then.)

Perhaps the 7th is a slight reminder as well as of the family's German heritage. At least it was not Wagner.

Why at 'least' ?. Wagner's ... "Ride of the Valkyries, and entrance of the gods into Valhalla"... would perhaps have been more appropriate in "The Kings Speech"

• 1 month later...

Saw it yesterday afternoon at KSK. Only about 7 people in the audience. It doesn't help that it isn't listed in the schedule on MovieSeer.com but it is listed on the Visa website. I think the confusion is because it started on Friday instead of the usual Thursday. The showed Rapunzel/Tangled on Thursday and then moved it out when The King's Speech came in on Friday. They didn't change the MovieSeer site, though.

Yeesh, it's almost impossible to get accurate showtimes movies and then they wonder why no one comes to see the movie! And don't get me started about how you can't obtain showtimes for movies a day or two in advance.

I love to see movies in the big screen. It's only 70 baht Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at KSK Vista.

Too long, too boring, a movie with endless tiring dialogue.

Slow year for the Oscars to have picked this movie as best picture.

I will say that the Australian speech therapist should have gotten best supporting actor over Christian Bale. He is the only thing I liked about the movie.

...because the royal families were related for a long time and the best composers worldwide were the german genius like beethoven, bach, schubert, wagner und the rest.

Never mind Kung <deleted> Panda 2 will soon be out.

I thought it was a first class movie - both Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were superb.

:lol:

It was indeed a good film but if you were not from England it wouldn't hold too much interest.

I thought it was a first class movie - both Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were superb.

It was indeed a good film but if you were not from England it wouldn't hold too much interest

I'm not sure why not, or do you mean it wouldn't hold interest for Thai's?

It was indeed a good film but if you were not from England it wouldn't hold too much interest.

I think those that chose it for the 12 Oscar nominations (winning 4) and thought differently.

It was indeed a good film but if you were not from England it wouldn't hold too much interest

I'm not sure why not, or do you mean it wouldn't hold interest for Thai's?

mmmmm..............which part of the phrase "if you were not from England" did you not understand? :blink:

...because the royal families were related for a long time and the best composers worldwide were the german genius like beethoven, bach, schubert, wagner und the rest.

The best English composer was German - Handel.