How Does The Non-Imm Type O Visa Work

hi all,

i'm just about to apply for a non-imm visa type O for the first time and i'm just wondering if i have any options available etc.

i'm going to apply for the 1 year multi entry because i'm currently in the u.k.

am i right in thinking that during the year i have to do 3 border runs ? 90 days apart ? what happens if i over stay a day or two do i just pay a fine and my visa is still valid and can get another 90 day stamp ? do i have to leave the country to get the 90 day stamps or can i re-new at an immigration office ?

when the year is almost up can i do another border run and get another 90 day stamp which means i can get 14 - 15 months from the year visa ?

woulld there be any advantage in using the month visa on arival first then doing a visa run starting the yearly visa ?

when this visa expires would i be able to go back to tourist visas from then on ?

any advice appreciated,

chris

:)

Aba Visa Application Pack 01.01.11.doc

Pretty much correct.

Your visa become valid on the day it's issued so don't apply too early.

90 days per entry, you can't activate another entry other than by doing a border crossing so unless you meet the requirements for an extension of stay (marriage, retirement, work permit) there is nothing to do at immigration.

Do a border run the day before the 'use by' date on the visa and you can squeeze nearly 15 months out of it :)

It's never wise to overstay, but there is currently nothing nasty that happens to your visa other than a 500 Baht per day fine.

Going back to tourist visas or visa exemption entries after your non-o expires is also no problem :)

You get an unlimited amount of entries for a year. Each entry has a maximum of 90 days.

As said the Visa is valid from the day of issue so no point in asking for a Visa exempt entry, even if they gave you one it would be of no use.

BTW. You do not say what reason you are using to apply but they will no longer issue for visiting friends.

Pretty much correct.

Your visa become valid on the day it's issued so don't apply too early.

90 days per entry, you can't activate another entry other than by doing a border crossing so unless you meet the requirements for an extension of stay (marriage, retirement, work permit) there is nothing to do at immigration.

Do a border run the day before the 'use by' date on the visa and you can squeeze nearly 15 months out of it :)

It's never wise to overstay, but there is currently nothing nasty that happens to your visa other than a 500 Baht per day fine.

Going back to tourist visas or visa exemption entries after your non-o expires is also no problem :)

Not a worry.... you will still get your 12+ months from date of entry provided you enter within the stated "entry before" date...just got one in Canada Dec 1 and entered Dec 31st...