Jump to content

UK Marriage Registration

Recommended Posts

I'm hoping someone will be able to solve this one!

I'm hoping to take my Thai partner to the UK on a marriage visa and register the marriage before returning to Thailand.

The problem is her name was changed by her now deceased parents 40 odd years ago and no one knows the specific date of when the name change took place, hence it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

She does have an existing Thai passport and ID Card..the names match..just worried that the 'birth certificate' if obtained will not match her current I.D docs.

All advice much appreciated :jap:

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not unusual in Thailand.

Her birth certificate, if she has one, should have a stamp on the back with the change of name, at least my step-daughter's does.

If not, or she doesn't have a birth certificate, her passport and ID card are sufficient anyway; both for the visa and then for giving notice of the marriage once in the UK.

See Giving notice of marriage or civil partnership.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...