Entering Without Using Visa

I will be arriving in Thailand and leaving after one week for Bali, then returning for 10 weeks. When I get the 3 month "O" visa in my passport before I leave Canada, can I just get the regular 30 day stamp on my first entry and then use the visa for my second entry after Bali?

With my consulate they give you the visa from the day of application.. So the clock is tickeing even before you enter Thailand and you cant post date an application..

However you can enter Thailand on the very last day before the end of the visa and get another 90 days.. If you entered without showing the visa initially then used the single entry on the second visit you might get away with the 90 day useage but if they see the visa on the firt entry they may insist on using it (depends on the day I would say) of course if you have multiple passports thats easy to overcome..

A lot depends on how long you plan to stay in Bali.

1 week Thailand

2 weeks Bali

10 weeks Thailand

Total 13 weeks (90 days)

can be achieved by getting a re-entry permit on you 3 month visa, once you

arrive in Thailand the first time. This will allow you to come back after Bali,

on the SAME visa stamp.

Even if you Bali trip is longer, you can get an extension of the 3 month stay in Thailand

from a local immigration office at the end of the 3 months.

I will be arriving in Thailand and leaving after one week for Bali, then returning for 10 weeks. When I get the 3 month "O" visa in my passport before I leave Canada, can I just get the regular 30 day stamp on my first entry and then use the visa for my second entry after Bali?

I've done this once or twice. Didn't have any problems with the immigrations officials but they did make a note in my passport that I requested the visa not be used (which covers their backside if a problem should arise in regards the non-use of the visa).

If you want to be absolutely sure, just get the 3 months visa in Denpasar while you are in Bali. I got mine there before without any problems. Takes about 3 days.