Another Tortuous Boring Night Out.

ELCata

[rant]

When I was a young pup, although I had (probably less than) my fair share, I was mostly stuck with the gorgeous girl at the party who was moaning that her boyfriend treated her like shit & slept around on her etc.

Fast forward to today (tonight really). My 2 main mates have both paired off with so-so girls with better than average jobs & a couple of cuckold sprogs to boot. During the last 4 weekends I've been invited to a 'party' round their houses. Unfortunately the 'party' comprised me listening to them engaging in petty bickering; top night.<_<

Last night, I was 'double teamed'. I spent the whole night in the garage smoking, whilst they each alternated between the living room & garage, only appearing to bend my ear about how much they hated the other.

Both of the 'girls' have enough baggage to even scare an on strike BA employee.

26 days & counting...deep breaths!:ph34r:

[/rant]

Edited by ElCata

Title and the main body of the story don't match up.

What was the OP expecting, a ping pong show at the dinner parties he went to?

Fair play to you that you have bamboo fever. You can't help that. But based on the fact that your two mates have sh!t relationships you write that title?

I guess he prefers of life of communicating with a future spouse in level of English equivalent to that spoken by a 3 year old and the odd word of Thai thrown in to help comprehension?

How about we move this over to the Farang Pub forum. ;)

I didn't know that there was one...still can't find it. Maybe I'm still a baby & don't have access.

Is this where the feminazi brigade show their lovely colours??

It is a nice sunny, Sunday - 10 degrees celsius. and I don't feel like getting in a bad mood.

Mrs?

Fair play to you that you have bamboo fever. You can't help that. But based on the fact that your two mates have sh!t relationships you write that title?

I guess he prefers of life of communicating with a future spouse in level of English equivalent to that spoken by a 3 year old and the odd word of Thai thrown in to help comprehension?

Well, a couple of silly comments (at least) there.

To correct your grammar & punctuation, in light of your comment about my supposed spouse's command of the English language, would be hanging fruit so low as unable to be picked, as it would be buried deep within the Earth's core.

Implicit in my topic, taken holistically, is that I've had several similar long term relationships in the past.

As you have rather clumsily intimated, I am shortly to marry a 'Thai lady'. A lady who has a command of the English language which is beyond even your wildest dreams.B)

As you have rather clumsily intimated, I am shortly to marry a 'Thai lady'. A lady who has a command of the English language which is beyond even your wildest dreams.B)

Chinese Thai, a rocket scientist, a recent Miss Universe, the real inventor of Facebook and rolling in money.

Chinese Thai, a rocket scientist, a recent Miss Universe, the real inventor of Facebook and rolling in money.

Have you been going through my bins again?<_<

Sounds like my dream carrier bag for Ready, Steady, Cook.:ermm:

Edited by ElCata

Not at all possible.

My wife does not have a twin sister.

:rolleyes:

Patrick

How about we move this over to the Farang Pub forum. ;)

I didn't know that there was one...still can't find it. Maybe I'm still a baby & don't have access.

Is this where the feminazi brigade show their lovely colours??

It is a nice sunny, Sunday - 10 degrees celsius. and I don't feel like getting in a bad mood.

Mrs?

Well, a couple of silly comments (at least) there.

To correct your grammar & punctuation, in light of your comment about my supposed spouse's command of the English language, would be hanging fruit so low as unable to be picked, as it would be buried deep within the Earth's core.

Implicit in my topic, taken holistically, is that I've had several similar long term relationships in the past.

I'm sure you'll make a fabulous English teacher when you move to Thailand then.

I'm sure you'll make a fabulous English teacher when you move to Thailand then.

Ah...

samran chimes in with another snide bon mot. <_<

Feeling a bit insecure there with your (un)chosen profession then?

So, all farang women are fair game then, based on the OP having loser mates.

But, English teachers are not....

got it!

Edited by samran

The OP's original topic is something that happens all the time. I can remember 16 years ago when I was in exactly the same situation. I've sat through MANY similar discussions with friends and former friends in Canada. That doesn't mean it will get solved by getting married in Thailand. You just change one set of circumstances for another. The fact remains that over 50% of marriages fail due to any one of a number of reasons. And, of the remaining 50% there is only a small percentage that are actually happy. I commend the remaining few for their success, but they are in the minority. And, it is not something any one person has any control over. It takes two to tango. A spouse can do absolutely nothing wrong and still wind up divorced through no action or inaction by themself.

You forgot to mention her Ph.D. and part time job as university lecturer.