U S B Headsets

lopburi3

As Toshiba has failed to provide a Windows 7 sound driver for there L100 series (found out after change from XP) anyone have suggestions on headsets to use USB (have a USB speaker set that being used now). Suspect there may be a power problem with some of the adapter type solutions but not sure.

I have a Plantronics headset which has full size ear pieces and a mic, it is USB and has virtual surround sound. The sound quality is very good and very comfortable if you use it for many hours. Not sure if you can buy the same in Thailand but should be many choices out there, even my USB keyboard has headphone and mic sockets built in.

This may be worth a look http://www.download25.com/toshiba-satellite-l100-windows-7-drivers-download.html

Or Vista drivers which should work http://driver-toshiba.blogspot.com/2010/03/toshiba-satellite-pro-l100-psla1.html

If not I've seen several USB sound cards to use with regular headsets, try the bits-n-bobs shops in Pantip /Fortune, never actually needed one, but nice to know they're there.

First link is WOT block as unreliable and second comes in two flavors and don't know which would be right. As Toshiba does not list anything (even the above) as usable for Windows 7 and Windows 7 itself says there is no available option to make it work think I will take the easy way out and just go USB. Check of others posting on the issue did not look encouraging as none reported success in using any alternative driver. Computer is only used in home so internal speakers not required.

This is after about five loads of Windows 7 to get rid of a Trojan (stealmymaps) which was not found with previous free antivirus but was when installed security essentials but could not be removed (and any attempt to remove the file itself activated the file causing 100% CPU usage). Finally had to delete drive partition during install (they won't let you format) to get a clean drive and still had two more tries as Trojan was included on the easy transfer. Computers are definitely a love/hate relationship.

I just bought the Logitech Gaming Headset G330. --> ( http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Headset-G330-Black/dp/B002I3OZB2 ) They were about 2,000 baht at IT City. Good sound, comfortable fit and they can use both 3.5" analog audio or full digital USB. Logitech gives a converter dongle with the headset.

Check out the link and read the reviews.

I don't know how some of the big IT shops get by with their high prices. Especially PowerBuy seems to be in a completely different world when you look at their computer hardware prices.

G330 can be bought here for 1490: http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/speakers-headsets/logitech/gaming-headset-g330-p001580/

Any USB Headset/Mic should work with Windows 7. I have used Logitech,Plantronics and many other generic cheap headsets with Windows 7 on many differentlaptops and desktop PCs. Win 7 has or should have a generic driver for this, or as othersay a vista driver will work also. Not sure why you referring to Toshiba whomake the hardware have they done something with USB and their version of win 7 that no one else does Idoubt it. Have you just tried plugging one in Windows 7 has 10,000's drivers already installed that one of its key feature compared with windows OS’s beforeit.

I recommend Plantronics especially being using it for audio conference through Office Communicator & Skype, that's the best you can get. There's a plantronics audio 655 selling for 1599thb free shipping through Skype shop. If you want a noise canceling USB headset, the plantronics is for you.

Actually found H330 model headset in outside stall at Fortune for 890 baht so teenager will be using that.

I am talking about Toshiba not having Satellite L100 sound driver for use with Windows 7 and Windows 7 saying that there is no solution (normally Windows can find suitable drivers). So my alternative (after having a software marathon and not wanting to experiment with unknown drivers) is using USB equipment where Windows 7 will take care of the sound.