Renewed Thai-Cambodian Border Fighting: Army

webfact

wow, only 18 posts to the first 'if you don't like it or agree with everything thailand does move elsewhere' post

If you are cheering for the other country in a war or conflict and they are murdering the citizens of the country you are living in...well, that is treason. Now, you you truly like the other nation to be the winner then I think it is better for your safety to move -- or someone around you might find out eventually. And that isn't safe for you. Right?

I don't see anyone cheering, do you actually read other peoples posts or just decide to make them up and then reply to what you think should be written?

Also treason is nothing to do with the country you are living in, it is aimed at the nationals of a country, not foreigners living there.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very difficult to understand the Thai point of view. "OK, you take the temple but we keep the land around". No sense at all. Anyway the maps show the land belongs to Cambodia.

No, it doesn't.

Is it really so hard for you people to follow the news or facts of this or other issues?

And the Cambodian army deliberately aimed their shells on the Thai village primarily, not the military installations. That is a violation of War laws and clear case of murder.

Just so you pro-Cambodian posters know what you support. Time to move perhaps?

Just out of curiosity how does one determine what is deliberate and what is not sitting in Bangkok 500 kms away from the conflict zone, behind the computer?

Is that a joke?

The evidence is in the pudding -- you simple count the reported number of shells that hit different targets.

And don't try to tell us that the Cambodians had no idea that they where shooting at a village [school] and therefor killing and hurting civilians.

So just to confirm, whatever is reported in Thai media is 100% correct???

May be you could explain when Thai media reports denied having any Thai soldiers being captured, HOWEVER after the truce agreement, media stated that all captured Thai soldiers were released and by the way, all that in the past 72 hours or so.

Edited by kuffki

It's very difficult to understand the Thai point of view. "OK, you take the temple but we keep the land around". No sense at all. Anyway the maps show the land belongs to Cambodia.

No, it doesn't.

Is it really so hard for you people to follow the news or facts of this or other issues?

And the Cambodian army deliberately aimed their shells on the Thai village primarily, not the military installations. That is a violation of War laws and clear case of murder.

Just so you pro-Cambodian posters know what you support. Time to move perhaps?

Just out of curiosity how does one determine what is deliberate and what is not sitting in Bangkok 500 kms away from the conflict zone, behind the computer?

Is that a joke?

The evidence is in the pudding -- you simple count the reported number of shells that hit different targets.

And don't try to tell us that the Cambodians had no idea that they where shooting at a village [school] and therefor killing and hurting civilians.

And you believe the propaganda automatically?

Are you one of he posters that think the thai army did not kill unarmed civillians last year until is was proven otherwise. You live in thailand, you read the thai news, do you think the thai news would say anything other than the cambodians are the aggressors.

deary me, basically you have no real idea what is happening, what missiles have been launched, how many have been killed etc, and if you only get the information from one source i guarantee you will never know the facts.

But if you want to think only are right and everyone else is wrong feel free to keep making nonsense posts pretending they are fact, while dismissing other opinions. :rolleyes:

So just to confirm, whatever is reported in Thai media is 100% correct???

May be you could explain when Thai media denied having any Thai soldiers being captured, HOWEVER after the truce agreement, media stated that all captured Thai soldiers were released and by the way, all that in the past 72 hours or so.

Well in war truth is the first casualty, and judging by Thailands rank in the international rankings for press freedom you can conclude it was probably lynched some time ago.

I suspect there is a 'nationalist' or at least mercenary sniper out there some where, firing one or two shots from somewhere other than either side, but no one knows this for sure, so they both assume the other side started it. A plausible explanation for this start up, yet again. Much more plausible than Abhisit trying to stall an election, or win an election by starting a war to have nationalists rally around him as leader, which appears to be the views of some here.

Again one must ask; who besides him benefits from keeping this going?

I suspect there is a 'nationalist' or at least mercenary sniper out there some where, firing one or two shots from somewhere other than either side, but no one knows this for sure, so they both assume the other side started it. A plausible explanation for this start up, yet again. Much more plausible than Abhisit trying to stall an election, or win an election by starting a war to have nationalists rally around him as leader, which appears to be the views of some here.

Again one must ask; who besides him benefits from keeping this going?

I made that comment a few weeks ago, nothing like stirring the nationalist pot with a war to guarantee an election win. Now we will see all the flag waving and tough talk, of course the thai people won't know the truth because of censorship.

I had started to change that stance recently though and now see this as a prelude to a coup, an excuse was needed for the army, now they have one, abhisit will flap, he is a man of no substance, he can't hush this like the slaughter in the streets last year and his bottle will go, he just isn't strong enough.

I suppose you guys above missed the posts and images by the western guy in this forum or the ones posted by Al Jazeera...unless you think they are 'government news' too. *sigh*

I guess you have irrefutable proof of who fired these missiles *sigh*

I suppose you guys above missed the posts and images by the western guy in this forum or the ones posted by Al Jazeera...unless you think they are 'government news' too. *sigh*

Obviously, the school was shelled by fake Cambodians.

I'm not sure who provoked the latest outbreak. When considering the crackdowns on demonstrators during the last rallies I'd be not surprised if that repeats itself just on another level.

It just needs a few bad apples within the armed forces to create a situation which so many desperatly seek. The more I read the more I believe that the explosion in Bangkok this afternoon was a form of intimitation too. First I thought someone was dynamite fishing in the ponds there. But now ...

I heard the explosions this afternoon shortly after 3 pm.but no one seemed to believe me.

Any idea what they were?

All the mobile networks have been taken down now so its impossible to get updates.

We have family about 10kms from the border and regardless of the spin being put on it by either side, things do not look very positive.

My main worry in all of this is that I don't end up with an apartment full of 'refugees' that have nowhere to go and cannot put a time limit on their stay in BKK......

Obviously, the school was shelled by fake Cambodians.

and have you seen the damage on the other side of the border? or know of casualty's there? or perhaps you have seen army plans and army positioning?!

I'm not sure who provoked the latest outbreak. When considering the crackdowns on demonstrators during the last rallies I'd be not surprised if that repeats itself just on another level.

It just needs a few bad apples within the armed forces to create a situation which so many desperatly seek. The more I read the more I believe that the explosion in Bangkok this afternoon was a form of intimitation too. First I thought someone was dynamite fishing in the ponds there. But now ...

I heard the explosions this afternoon shortly after 3 pm.but no one seemed to believe me.

Any idea what they were?

It might help if you tell us where you are

wow, only 18 posts to the first 'if you don't like it or agree with everything thailand does move elsewhere' post

Hes right you know. One things sure if they not posting they are always monitoring. This is only going one way...army controlling the country... AGAIN. Good time to be in charge for a couple of years if you think what events are on the horizon

Hes right you know. One things sure if they not posting they are always monitoring. This is only going one way...army controlling the country... AGAIN. Good time to be in charge for a couple of years if you think what events are on the horizon

In fairness they have been controlling the country since the dems took over, however that is due to change come the election, the dems wont win so the army need to regain visible control now before any election, and as has already been said the army need an excuse this time, and now they have it. they are planning to move from the background to the foreground, and sadly you are correct about the other event.

Shells, not missiles. And for the love of God, if you are trying to tell us that the Thai Army shelled their own troops and village now, well...you truly are a red shirt apologist...why am I expecting you to be logical and not put forward conspiracy theories just because you can, not because you have any evidence of it?

In fairness they have been controlling the country since the dems took over, however that is due to change come the election, the dems wont win so the army need to regain visible control now before any election, and as has already been said the army need an excuse this time, and now they have it. they are planning to move from the background to the foreground, and sadly you are correct about the other event.

I am more surprised how someone can be so wrong on so many issues. Do you actually live here or just come up with these theories over a beer with Spooner and Hodge?

In fairness they have been controlling the country since the dems took over

They have ran the country since the turn of the century. They experienced marginalisation under Thaksin but that didn't last long.

And now here we are again, full circle, and firmly rooted in the past, fighting with neighbours over scrubland and a Hindu Khmer temple.

Caveat emptor.

The army for all their faults are not stupid and despite all the blustering about the popularity of the Dems they know there is a distinct possibility that the backlash from their little killing suaree on Ratchaprasong may well and truly turn round and bite them on their arse and put the Peau Thai back iin power without a coalition. Once in power, not that they have ever had to justify their actions, how can they remove an elected government for a second time. Many apolitical voters who may previously have wasted their vote for some cash will now feel enough is enough its time to make a change for Thailand. If they intervene now because effectively Thailand is at war (without the declaration) with Cambodia, regrdless that they are provoking it, they will believe taking control of the country can be justified to other countries. Its only a shame it can not be justified to most of this nation

Shells, not missiles. And for the love of God, if you are trying to tell us that the Thai Army shelled their own troops and village now, well...you truly are a red shirt apologist...why am I expecting you to be logical and not put forward conspiracy theories just because you can, not because you have any evidence of it?

wow, once again calling me a red shirt, I have said many times that being agaisnt the yellows and the dems does not automatically make me a red shirt. yes i do live here, I own property and a business here.

Any other things that you would like to try and deflect away from your pointless posts, basically up to know you have accused people of treason, being a red shirt, not being in thailand just because they disagree with you, illogical, conspiracy theorists. is there anything actually factual that you would like to add????

Up to know you have basically just agreed with everything in the news coming from thailand and you have made no attempt to look objectively at this, are you thai? if not it would seem that you have been here a little too long and actually become thaier than thais, well done you :whistling:

now just to let you know, and hopefully this will sink in, there are two sides to every story, despite you posting as though you think you are posting facts, you are actually posting what can be deemed as propaganda at this time, and the chances of the news being accurate at this time is minimal and very much one sided, now don't throw your toys out of your pram when someone points this out and offers a different theory, there's a good boy.

Now how about sticking to the subject and leave the petty mudslinging to one side, If you have irrefutable facts let us see them, until then your opinions are about as worthy as anyone elses on here. :rolleyes:

Spot on.

With a little help from the PAD and Major General Chamlong of course.

Don't expect much sympathy from posters here, they couldn't see it four years ago, admitting what is now even more obvious is highly unlikely.

We have just spoken to relatives in Kantaralak, they have evacuated from their village. We could hear explosions in the background. The relatives said that apparently school, hospital and tesco lotus(????) are on fire. That is what they say!! Cant confirm it's true though.

Well the Yellow shirts are probably so happy that they are putting condoms on over there head.

This is what they have been hoping for. The lot of them should be airlifted into the center of it and they might change there mind.

Let them join Khun Vera. 8 years free Khmer language course, great acommodation.:rolleyes: