Iphone

pop3

I am looking at buying an iphone 4 from Dtac or True , is it possible once you have bought the iphone

to purchase an apple care package , which then gives you an extra longer warranty period . Has any one done

this ? :)

Yes It's possible, I've just bought it 10 mins ago on the last day of my original 1 year warranty!

Thanks for that , can you please tell me how you did it , did you have to go back to the shop where you

bought your iphone from.

Yes It's possible, I've just bought it 10 mins ago on the last day of my original 1 year warranty!

Thanks for that , can you please tell me how you did it , did you have to go back to the shop where you

bought your iphone from.

Actually I have just found out that the iphone is not officially for sale direct from Apple in Thailand re. my last post on international warranties, so I not sure if you can buy the apple care extra warranty here or not. Mine was bought in the UK and I bought my applecare on the phone to a UK number so you really need to ask whoever you plan to buy it from, otherwise call an overseas applecare number and ask them if it's possible to buy it if your phone was purchased in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks , I have found this article it confirms that applecare is not available for any iphones purchased in Thailand .

http://www.amitiae.com/?p=645

Great new Apple related web site from Graham K. Rogers of Database fame , his comment of :-

[ Ordinary users like myself are not likely to be privy to the deals that Apple comes to with the different carriers it deals with worldwide, but the nature of this exclusion for many users throughout the world gives me a sense of dissatisfaction and a feeling that (not for the first time) Apple treats me less well as a user because of where I live. ]

Is interesting , I for some reason thought that the AppleCare for an iphone was available every where you purchased an iphone , so it looks I was wrong , if you get your iphone in Thailand , sorry no AppleCare . :realangry:

TL :jap: