A Quick Tambien Baan Question.

My nane is on my Wife`s Tambien Baan [housebook] as father of her Daughter. So does that mean I am "on it" as such for the purposes off all things official? I am on a Non O multiple if it makes any difference.Thanks.

Yes, you now have an official address in Thailand.

I should add;ny name is at the bottom of my daughter`s page.I do not have a full page to myself.

You are only "on" it if you have a page of your own. You are only listed as father of a Thai resident which is meaningless when it comes to address certification.

Correct, you are only listed as the father of your child. Not listed on the tabien baan yourself.

But nowadays it is possible to be listed on a tabien baan. Problem is a lot of amphurs don't know this, but if you are here on a non-immigrant visa you can be listed on a yellow tabien baan.

Correct, you are only listed as the father of your child. Not listed on the tabien baan yourself.

But nowadays it is possible to be listed on a tabien baan. Problem is a lot of amphurs don't know this, but if you are here on a non-immigrant visa you can be listed on a yellow tabien baan.

Thanks for your answers. What would be advantageous in my having a yellow book?

Mario

Could you please provide a cite for this in Thai, preferable, English OK, too. I'd like to run it down to my local amphur to see what they have to say about it.

Mac

There is a recent topic here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/432695-yellow-book/page__view__findpost__p__4141216

I cannot help you with the Thai or English law text, but you might get more information in above thread or from the department of provincial administration:

They have a call center 1548 or contact the government information line: 1111.