New Thaivisa Chatroom Opened!

george

You have asked me for months to get the Thaivisa Chat up. Thanks Yorkie (and many others) for chasing me......

The new members chat is now up and running:

Member's Chat

Will try to fix an indicator on forum main page telling the number of current chatters.

Enjoy! Feedback is welcome in this thread!

Cheers!

The counter works as well now. Located on the forum main page in The Community Forum section (below the Buddhism and Ladies in Thailand) forums. The counter indicates the number of people in the chat room.

If you are using Mozilla/Firefox (or some versions of IE) you might need to download the Java application here: http://java.sun.com

Have fun!

You have asked me for months to get the Thaivisa Chat up. Thanks Yorkie (and many others) for chasing me......

Member's Chat

Will try to fix an indicator on forum main page telling the number of current chatters.

Cheers!

I cant seem to get in. The page loads fine but it wont let me enter a user name??

Can you help????

George, I know you tried for me before but I am still getting the Radio with the chat forum.

Where I live there is no broadband and on a good day I can get 40K download. This is not enough to keep the radio going on its own.

I know I can turn the volume off but then the chat is slow.

There must be many members in the same situation.

Could you try again please.

George, I know you tried for me before but I am still getting the Radio with the chat forum.

Where I live there is no broadband and on a good day I can  get 40K download.  This is not enough to keep the radio going on its own.

I know I can turn the volume off but then the chat is  slow.

Have you tried hitting the stop buttton on the radio?

I can't get it to work. Once I click on the link a tab opens (Firefox) and then Firefox pretty much freezes up and starts gobbling up memory like crazy. A java logo appears and just loads endlessly, screencap here:

http://files.bighosting.net/oc77193.jpg

Any advice on what's wrong much appreciated. I have updated the JRE, cleared the cache etc etc but still no chatty goodness for me

Where I live there is no broadband and on a good day I can  get 40K download.  This is not enough to keep the radio going on its own.

I know I can turn the volume off but then the chat is  slow.

Have you tried hitting the stop buttton on the radio?

Exact, just hit the STOP button in the embedded Media Player, if you are on slowband.

I can't get it to work. Once I click on the link a tab opens (Firefox) and then Firefox pretty much freezes up and starts gobbling up memory like crazy. A java logo appears and just loads endlessly, screencap here:

http://files.bighosting.net/oc77193.jpg

Any advice on what's wrong much appreciated. I have updated the JRE, cleared the cache etc etc but still no chatty goodness for me

Please check if it works with Internet Explorer, then we can go further from there.

Member's Chat

Cheers!

George can you help, now i get in to the chat room and after several mins I get...

'TCP Connection failed' 'HTTP connection failed'

Any advice ?

Thanks

C1

Member's Chat

Cheers!

George can you help, now i get in to the chat room and after several mins I get...

Any advice ?

Thanks

C1

Are you at work behind a firewall?

Member's Chat

Cheers!

Any advice ?

Thanks

C1

Yeah At work, so could be behind a fire wall, not sure. If so can I get round it?

Member's Chat

Cheers!

Any advice ?

Thanks

C1

Yeah At work, so could be behind a fire wall, not sure. If so can I get round it?

Talk with the IT people at work, they can open it for you if they want. Try the "Johnny Walker Black trick"...