Leasing Contract 30 Years And Loaning To A Bank...

Hello,

I want to buy a land, put it on my thai gf name and do a leasing contract with her 30 years but in other side she wants to pay half with me by loaning to a bank, what happen if she can’t pay back the loan and interest to the bank ? Do i loose the lease contract and the land ? The bank can take the land even if i have a leasing contract ? What can i do to protect myself ? Thanks you so much !

It is unlikely that a Thai bank would mortgage land with a 30 year lease registered on the Chanote title deed. You could only lease land that is 100% owned by your Thai girlfriend.

yepp, banks require a clear title to register their loan and they keep the title until loan repayed, so no security for you

Anyway you cannot lease land from someone you are married to or live together with in a relationship!

How about citing a source for that. Some land offices interpret things that way, but I don't believe Thai law supports that position. Contracts between spouses require extra careful preparation, but it can and has be done.

It happened twice for me as a broker in Nakhon Si Thammarat. Wife bought the land and wanted to lease it out for her husband. This was rejected by the land office.

So I just mention this from experience.

Other land offices can interpret the law differently I guess.