Kan. Great Place.... But Crap Houses

ClockworkOranges

Hey. Im sorry I dont mean to cause offense but I am just going to say it as I see it. I have been thinking of moving to kan as I realy like the place. After a couple of recent trips however I just cant find anything worth while in terms of renting. The most obvious areas seem to be the 'Phutsukaan' estates but they are just not my cup of tea. I cant find anything along the river, which would have been nice, and all the housing around town seems to be for sale only.

So aside from keeping up with the jones in one of the phutsukaan estates, where else is there to look?

Huan Hin, Phuket, Samui, Pattaya has tons of nice European style bungalows or villas - Kan has its fair shair of ferangs so why are the rental options so poor?

It's Thailand and they rent to Thai's. To get what you want you will have to go out of town a bit. Have a friend there and he's 20km out. All the other place's you mentioned are FULL of Farang,s filthy and over priced, load's of nice place's to rent there. One small problem you come out in the morning and what do you see, Tip not Thai's. I know it's a bummer but I know what I would sooner have.... Sorry having a bad morning.

Edited by fredob43

Thanks for the feedvack. What is the area you mention 20K's out of town?

Sorry dont know the name. But if you stand with your back to the bridge station side and look ahead there's a hill "Thai mountain" about 20km out that's where it is. Sorry not clear but he took me there from the station. And he rented, Lovely view, Quiet, Cant phone him as lost/had it nicked phone and his no:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ClockworkOranges user_popup.png

I can't find anything along the river, which would have been nice, and all the housing around town seems to be for sale only.

Sure, along the river, would be very nice to rent, however, folks that own and have these houses like my wife and I live in them.cool.gif

So to answer your very good question:-

Rent a house in Kan:-

Why would one buy a plot of land next to the River, build a house (3-6 mil or more) and then rent it out??? blink.gif Makes no sense to me ohmy.gif as this is a week-end river holiday place to relax not too far from BKK.

There are a few places around like "Thai Town Houses". Just go and look around if you or/and your partner reads and speak Thai.

Sawadee :wai: