Darets Price Increase 15-40%

PlanetX

Not go there anymore for 2 reasons:

-a friend became very sick after eating a meat meal. At Ram Hospital, the doctor told him better not to go there anymore as they frequently had similar cases coming in.

-they openly supported the Red Shirts and forced customers to listen to the bad Red Shirt TV-propaganda of burning, killing and fighting.

-a friend became very sick after eating a meat meal. At Ram Hospital, the doctor told him better not to go there anymore as they frequently had similar cases coming in.

-they openly supported the Red Shirts and forced customers to listen to the bad Red Shirt TV-propaganda of burning, killing and fighting.

Not biased by any chance are you?

Nonsense if you are inferring that many people ended up at Ram after eating at Darets.

LOL so what if they wanted to watch the Red Shirt Channel? It's his place, his TV, and he can do as he pleases there. No one forced you to watch the TV, in fact it is difficult to even see the TV from anywhere in the restaurant except in back where the staff sit.

What a nonsense, biased post.

Where/what's Darets?

David

Darets place is right at Pratu Thapae, next to 7-11. Very nice people. Food is O.K.; nothing special. Beer prices had to be the lowest anywhere. 25 Baht for a shot of whiskey. Prices hadn't changed since I got here in 2007. Nice atmosphere. Always full with Thais and farangs.

<br />
<br />Where/what's Darets?<br /><br />David<br />
<br />Darets place is right at Pratu Thapae, next to 7-11. Very nice people. Food is O.K.; nothing special. Beer prices had to be the lowest anywhere. 25 Baht for a shot of whiskey. Prices hadn't changed since I got here in 2007. Nice atmosphere. Always full with Thais and farangs.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Let me weigh in with the defence immediately.

Anyone can have a bad reaction to a meal anywhere. No reason to brand these good people. I'd rather brand RAM as a rip-off business with totally unreliable so-called standards.

Darets have some of the best kow soy guy (and jay) anywhere, and the best pad grapow guy in town.

The owner (now quite rightly a city councillor) has for many years worked consistently to encourage Chiang Mai city to be cleaner, greener and safer. Good luck to him.

Please don't let the colour red obscure good hearted, well intentioned and informed local civic affairs.

No connection except as a very satisfied lunch time customer for 15 years.

Where/what's Darets?

David

Darets place is right at Pratu Thapae, next to 7-11. Very nice people. Food is O.K.; nothing special. Beer prices had to be the lowest anywhere. 25 Baht for a shot of whiskey. Prices hadn't changed since I got here in 2007. Nice atmosphere. Always full with Thais and farangs.

Always one of the best and cheapest in town.

The best kao Soi (spelling) in my opinion in chiang Mai. Ive been eating there regular for over 6 years and Ive never had any form of food poisoning. Also who cares if he supports the Reds, its his opinion and more to the point he's Thai and allowed to vote for whoever he chooses, unlike forieners that can't vote but insist in getting involved in the Red/Yellow debate.

My friend’sname is Angelo and from Italy. I know him as a trustworthy individual.

My wife andI were sitting at a big table (I think the fourth) on the right, view outsidein. The TV is at a few meters and the shouting of burning, killing by thereds was really disturbing us; my wifeand I could barely talk to each other. I asked the owner to turn the volumedown and he replied he was a Red shirt supporter and wanted to listen to it. “If I did not like the Reds, we better go” were his words. We paid and left andnever went back. We were good customers for about 5 years once a week and Ispeak/understand Thai.

We all havereasons to do (or not do) something. Respect and understand that by not callingdecisions by others too quick as biased.

The best kao Soi (spelling) in my opinion in chiang Mai. Ive been eating there regular for over 6 years and Ive never had any form of food poisoning. Also who cares if he supports the Reds, its his opinion and more to the point he's Thai and allowed to vote for whoever he chooses, unlike forieners that can't vote but insist in getting involved in the Red/Yellow debate.

thumbsup.gif

In CM during the "troubles" nearly every shop/restaurant had the news on, and of course the vast majority of Chiang Mai Thais are red supporters, it can hardly be surprising that they were openly supporting and encouraging them.

Some of us may not like it, but it's not our choice.

But lets not let this thread degenerate into a red/yellow debate, it really has got nothing to do with the topic title.

So please stay on topic

Thank You

I think I'll visit again. My only gripe really was them taking down the tree in front and extending the roof. Somehow some atmosphere was lost in the process. or maybe it just was a 'jump the shark' moment without factually being the major cause for a decline.

I don't mind a moderate price rise because the place is still affordable, however it would have been nice if they made some upgrades at the same time. (Change the plastic dishes and cups, etc.)