Has 3G Come To The Sticks Yet?

MJP

Some flying pigs just stole my washing.

We don't even have phone lines down this street so even normal broadband is out of the question.

Is there a map of 3G coverage available? One that doesn't just show four or five meaningless triangles.

We don't even have phone lines down this street so even normal broadband is out of the question.

Is there a map of 3G coverage available? One that doesn't just show four or five meaningless triangles.

Lots of phone boxes in the nearest village, but no lines.

Maybe there are maps showing 3G coverage available, but as usual nobody can enlighten you! :blink:

Lots of phone boxes in the nearest village, but no lines.

Maybe there are maps showing 3G coverage available, but as usual nobody can enlighten you! :blink:

I've seen this wireless phone box device. I asked about this. Now, from the gist I got it was either something to do with;

a. A radio link;

b. Carrier pigeons;

c. A very long piece of string and two plastic cups.

Trouble is my Thai isn't up to that much, thus so far I'm tending towards . . . option C.

Do you not have CAT CDMA in your area? I had to move over to this kinda 3G system after 3BB pulled the cable plug here between Sakon Nakhon and Udon. It's okay, but not that fast.

That and IPStar are the only two realistic options.

IPStar, being a satellite dish, will work practically anywhere, when it works, and the higher speed option is quite costly per month.

CDMA coverage is fairly widespread now, just call CAT and tell them your address.

Were still on soap cans and string here in Kap Choeng south of Surin.:lol:

Up the road a piece to Prasat, then go West about 12 K to our little town of Thungmon, where they have erected a wireless tower and ran a phone line to our house. Cost 500 baht for the phone line. On New Years Eve they came by and charged us 1000 baht for a wireless router and we now have dam_n fast internet speed! Wow, There truly is a Santa Claus. The monthly cost for this service is 488 baht and my download speed has been as high as 500 kbs. I previously used Edge, then AIS 3G aircard...all garbage, usual speeds for download was 6 or 7 kbs. I am a very happy little boy! Service through TOT.

mario299 :lol: