Sterling Forcast To Rise In Strength

Latest media reports seem's to harken a strengthening of the £.

BUT, that's not really going to do much against the Thai baht!

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Forex-focus-sterling-turns-tele-3345900371.html

If the £ does strengthen then expect (imo) it to hover at the 48 - 52 baht mark.

If not then a correction to the 45 - 48 mark...

These articles are always interesting but the variables change daily. We hope for good rates, above 50 would be good I think but I have no influence on the matter. I think the UK economy wil slowly gain strength but at a cost for those living there and we will benefit, digital data on the bbc market date page shows small daily gains for sterling against a basket of currencies inc the bhat so I hope it continues and the spats along the border will not have much of an effect.

The Thai ladies get their imfo from fortune tellers, 50 bts a visit- if you dont like the message, well another 50 bhats another message, good money! Or, a visit to the temple and shake the sticks out, take your number to the draw and another good message, invariably "money will come" in reality it does not seem to but it keeps people optimistic and happy.

So let us to be optimistic and hope for a steady rise and then we too can be happy.

• 1 month later...

Interesting how the trouble in Japan affects the Thai Baht as the major part of the GDP here is truck production, assembling Japanese trucks and it is huge. Toyota, Isuzu, Misubushi, Mazda and Nissan are all "built" using Japanese parts (I assume) and exported. GM just closed their plant in Louisianna because they use Japanese parts, what happens here?