Iphone International Warranty

Chalongian

Does anyone know the reason iphones international warranty is not applicable in LOS? Phuket Alpha keep telling me it has to go back to England as thats where i bought it, but when I called an i studio back in England they told me the warranty is International and i should be able to get a repair / replacement in any i studio anywhere.

In case anyones interested I was told by Applecare that the iphone is not officially for sale in Thailand by Apple. The iphones sold here are imported from elsewhere and that is the reason they can not touch your phone under warranty if it was bought outside of Thailand. Im not sure about the istudio in the discovery mall in Bangkok but apart from that all of the other so called i studios in Thailand are not genuine. They may or may not be owned by companies that are licensed to sell and repair apple products but that will not include the iphone and the shop will not be an actual shop owned by apple, including the i studio in central festival phuket which is only a retailer ( even though it's in a nice mall with a big i studio sign and looks exactly like an i studio) This i studio is actually a part of alpha phuket, a company based in Phuket town who are a recognised retailer and can fix under warranty other apple products, but who also have a small stall outside of what looks like a genuine apple i studio in the mall. The major giveaway in this istudio is that the people working there are a bunch of morons. Some of the staff at alpha are actually quite knowledgeable though. Anyway, if you have problems with your overseas bought iphone.....forget about your warranty in Thailand!