Car Insurance Bankruptcys

Pascal

be aware that you may pay your fees of insurances but the companys disappeared allready and nobody informs you...

As per my case, does anybody knows more about insurance company names and possible reclaims after incident with disappeared insurance companys ?

Commercial went a few weeks ago with outstanding claims to April. I had no idea and fortuneatly didn't have a accident. Still lost my premiums and had to reinsure with another company.

The claiments have near on no chance of getting anything.

i paid insurance fee one week ago, correctly on time without knowing the company closed, this at commercial.

I crashed car few days ago and tried to contact commercial, very difficult task, last outstanding is that i have to pay the repairs in advance and i may get back some 70% afterward...

As told by my secretary who as a Thai was not aware of the case...

I have no big hopes but i'll let you know, it may take some times she said also...

Out of this i heard that 5 companys stopped activity, this from a guy who rents cars, he had to change some contracts, he told me there where about 40 companys available and the ones who closed had agreements with major car brands to help boost sales...

:o

Does anybody knows the list of closed lately and suggest some reliable for few years ahead

I am surprised that a reputable company would simply go out of business,

they usually get taken over and the new comapny assumes the liability.

Insurance companies are regulated by government rules.

Get you secretary to check out the government dept.

Better not to choose Somchai Insurance in the hole in the wall round the corner.

I am surprised that a reputable company would simply go out of business,

they usually get taken over and the new comapny assumes the liability.

Insurance companies are regulated by government rules.

Get you secretary to check out the government dept.

Better not to choose Somchai Insurance in the hole in the wall round the corner.

They were closed by the government after multi delays in re-organization and continued non payment of any claims. Was big news a few months back. I believe some firms offered to accept members but there was not much hope that assets were enough to pay current claims.

Don't they have an insurance fund to take care of claims when a company go under (re-insurance sinking fund) ? most "civilized" country have one, and I would be surprised if Thailand didn't have one. This is similar as the bank insurance fund when a bank go under.