Help Needed

partyanimal

Sure you can't tell us? whistling.gif

Even if he could, I'd still like to know !

Heard that there was something going on tonight at the old tuskers, but that was in passing last week, so I'd like to know more.

There needs to be something better to do on a Friday night around town than the normal same same. Any info, suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated by me and any one else who is bored with seeing and hearing the same faces around town. Obviously they wont be appreciated by the two Thai Visa warriors that commented on the OP, but hey, their highlight of the week is probably the pub quiz. So please can we keep this thread open for people that are serious about finding something new out about night life in town. (Not the Reggae bars please)

Heard that there was something going on tonight at the old tuskers, but that was in passing last week, so I'd like to know more.

There needs to be something better to do on a Friday night around town than the normal same same. Any info, suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated by me and any one else who is bored with seeing and hearing the same faces around town. Obviously they wont be appreciated by the two Thai Visa warriors that commented on the OP, but hey, their highlight of the week is probably the pub quiz. So please can we keep this thread open for people that are serious about finding something new out about night life in town. (Not the Reggae bars please)

Yes, at the old Tuskers, which is now named Red Mango. Details are here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=102977619777218

-Mestizo

Yes, at the old Tuskers, which is now named Red Mango. Details are here:

http://www.facebook....102977619777218

-Mestizo

Thanks a lot. Looks pretty good.

There is also the 100 Rock Castle event going on this weekend. Tonight and tomorrow. The details I have heard are the parking lot in front of Tawan Deng. 100 THB entry fee. Good thai bands, carnival, drinking, etc. The advertisement is attached if anyone would care to translate. I see one of my favorites, Thaitanium is playing tomorrow night and modern dog tonight. Should be good times!

It appears to be some kind of disco/DJ thing. Can't anyone play a musical instrument or sing anymore? I'm really curious why anyone would prefer canned music as opposed to live music. Oh well, takes all kinds. Enjoy!

It appears to be some kind of disco/DJ thing. Can't anyone play a musical instrument or sing anymore? I'm really curious why anyone would prefer canned music as opposed to live music. Oh well, takes all kinds. Enjoy!

There is live music every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night at Cafe Del Sol. 2-3 pretty good bands every night. One of the house bands will even be appearing on the TV show "Thailand's Got Talent" in the near future. Friday usually also has some sort of drink special and promotion. Across from the old iron bridge, next to Guitarman.

Definitely worth checking out. I also here that its a good place for respectable 30-Something Thai lady to go at night ;)

-Mestizo

Some dude was handing out fliers at Payap the other day. Nice to see a properly promoted party at Red Mango. I've always wondered why it isn't a more popular hang out spot, it's so much nicer than most of the dives locals hang out at and the prices are about the same.

The music looks good, probably swing by around 10:00 or 10:30 to see what's going on...