Hodgson Appointed West Brom Boss

R123

Earth calling R123.

How could a useless <deleted> get a small club like Fulham into the Europa league, and then through to the final?

Don't listen to the Liverpool thread. They live in a world of their own and few supporters would have treated the manager and players in the manner they did. The guy never had a chance, his face did'nt fit. One very good win at Chelsea and some sunday league turgid style football against some small teams and suddenly they are deliriously happy. Respect........:whistling:

Earth calling R123.

How could a useless <deleted> get a small club like Fulham into the Europa league, and then through to the final?

Don't listen to the Liverpool thread. They live in a world of their own and few supporters would have treated the manager and players in the manner they did. The guy never had a chance, his face did'nt fit. One very good win at Chelsea and some sunday league turgid style football against some small teams and suddenly they are deliriously happy. Respect........:whistling:

Oh how I'd love to see his new side give the scousers a trouncing....in fact that would leave me....umm deliriously happy....bling...bling...:D

Personally I think that WBA took an unnecessarily risk changing managers at this time. There actual chances of being relegated are not that high (less than 30%) and heavily bias by their recent run of bad form which obviously if it continued would see them relegated.

Hodgson should not be strictly judged on his Liverpool performance. He is used to playing with negative tactics which tend to be successful in football. This is particularly true of the park the bus teams who have low budgets but Mourinho has also shown success with more expensive teams at least in the short term.

The problem as with Liverpool is that a 'change of management' at WBA might give a short term lift in the first 3 or 4 games (as indeed it did with Hodgson at Liverpool) but that if he changes tactics the remains of the time left in the league is too long so that the disruption might actually cause them to be relegated. I see for instance that the bookies have reduced the odds of WBA being relegated over the last week. It was not a good a bet even in the first place.

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9396118.stm

Michael Appleton, who took charge of West Brom as new boss Roy Hodgson watched from the stands, praised his side for their explosive start and says he is eager to learn from Hodgson.

"We got off to a fantastic start and I couldn't have asked for anything better. It was exactly how we had planned in the week.

"But 3-0 is a dangerous score," added Appleton. "Momentum is a massive thing in football and once we conceded a goal we had our backs to the walls. Towards the end we had to make sure we dug in because if we had lost the game it would have been a disaster."

3 - 0 is a dangerous score?!!!! Since when? I've heard people say 1- 0 is dangerous. Sometimes even 2 - 0. But 3 - 0?! How can a three goal lead be dangerous?

Score-lines are never dangerous. Crap defences are.

Edited by rixalex