Rip-Off At The Land Registry Office?

Hi all, for some reasons, many of the small concrete posts used for the delimitation of the land, which are clearly visible on the Chanote, are gone, not sure if they have been "washed" away during the last heavy floods, however, i went to the local Land Registry Office (Khom Tee Deen ?) to ask how much it will cost me, to make them come over to retake measurements of the land and putting back 5 new concrete posts (they are about half a meter tall), after a long wait i have been quoted 5.800 Bahts and that i had to wait 6 months before they will even show up.....does it sound all normal to you?

Yes that can be normal. Ours was only 3000 baht and took 6 weeks. Survey fees will very.

Thank you GotLost, i have some strange feelings about this price as our land is not exactly in a hiso part of Bangkok, we are between the ricefields of PrachinBuri, given the cost of the land itself and the average wages of the people around here, seemed a bit out of the ordinary to say the least :D also it's not a "new" job, they supposed to just put back what was already there before and well documented on the land title (chanote), whatever, i guess i will have to fork it out and quick....it's very usefull by the way to know what others have been through on this matter :jap:

Yes that can be normal. Ours was only 3000 baht and took 6 weeks. Survey fees will very.

Thank you GotLost, i have some strange feelings about this price as our land is not exactly in a hiso part of Bangkok, we are between the ricefields of PrachinBuri, given the cost of the land itself and the average wages of the people around here, seemed a bit out of the ordinary to say the least :D also it's not a "new" job, they supposed to just put back what was already there before and well documented on the land title (chanote), whatever, i guess i will have to fork it out and quick....it's very usefull by the way to know what others have been through on this matter :jap:

What they do is come out and do a full survey. Ours was to combine two chanotes to one on 1.1 rai. Proper markers were reset, job took two surveyors one complete day. About three weeks later the wife was called by the Land office to come pick up the new chanote. The land had grown form the 1.1 to 1.2 rai.

What they do is come out and do a full survey. Ours was to combine two chanotes to one on 1.1 rai. Proper markers were reset, job took two surveyors one complete day. About three weeks later the wife was called by the Land office to come pick up the new chanote. The land had grown form the 1.1 to 1.2 rai.

Get in quick with your resurvey or there may be little land left for you :lol:

Price is quite normal....if you want a speedy expedition within say 1 or 2 weeks (They usually to this in their spare time in weekends) you can pay some additional tea money. We used to pay 10,000 total for the survey and it took 1 week. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Follow Up:

After the Land Office asked me to produce copies of the Chanotes (which they should have there already in the first place.....) to carry on with my request, i went there today with all the required photocopies, just to be told that they don't want to see them anymore and instead they now want to meet the land owner, despite my usufruct contract with my name on the Chanote and a signed contract (from the Land Owner) which authorize me to carry on with any works i like on the land without asking for his permissions all the times, the Land Office just didn't want to know about it......TIT

Follow Up:

After the Land Office asked me to produce copies of the Chanotes (which they should have there already in the first place.....) to carry on with my request, i went there today with all the required photocopies, just to be told that they don't want to see them anymore and instead they now want to meet the land owner, despite my usufruct contract with my name on the Chanote and a signed contract (from the Land Owner) which authorize me to carry on with any works i like on the land without asking for his permissions all the times, the Land Office just didn't want to know about it......TIT

If you were the landowner, would you not be happy with them doing it this way?

Given the circumstancies, definetely NOT.

As the LO already signed a legal agreement in which he very clearly state that i can do whatever i want with his land during the entire validity of the current usufruct (life), as long as it legal and i will give him back the land on the way i found it. Some considerable time and money have been spent in the making of this agreement, a public official refusing to take into account what the local law say it's legal to do, doesn't put these people into a very good light at all, so if i was him then i would be ashamed by the ignorance and disrespect showed off by a fellow countryman, where do you draw the line? what other sort of abuses are you ready to justify? and for the glory of what?

Just to make things clear, even the LO is pissed off by having to go back to the Land Registry Office just to reconfirm what we have already agreed and signed, as we are all busy with our respective lifes already and the place is not exactly conveniently located for any of us.....

Given the circumstancies, definetely NOT.

As the LO already signed a legal agreement in which he very clearly state that i can do whatever i want with his land during the entire validity of the current usufruct (life), as long as it legal and i will give him back the land on the way i found it. Some considerable time and money have been spent in the making of this agreement, a public official refusing to take into account what the local law say it's legal to do, doesn't put these people into a very good light at all, so if i was him then i would be ashamed by the ignorance and disrespect showed off by a fellow countryman, where do you draw the line? what other sort of abuses are you ready to justify? and for the glory of what?

Just to make things clear, even the LO is pissed off by having to go back to the Land Registry Office just to reconfirm what we have already agreed and signed, as we are all busy with our respective lifes already and the place is not exactly conveniently located for any of us.....

In an ideal world it will be re-marked exactly as it was but do you really want to be in the position of having it re-marked so that he then has less land than he gave to you to use?