Different Fuels

kenny999

Gasohol is a mix of pure gasoline with ethanol, same as we have in Brasil (for the past... 30-something years). The mix gets a bit poor in comparison to the pure one, but any current IE should be able to enrich the amount needed. As for carburators, you might have to adjust the "small parts that I don't know the name in English"...

As MoonRiverOasis said, if you car says 91, you can use 91, no need to bother with higher octane rates, they are mainly intended for engines with a higher compression ratio.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, you don't need to use octanes higher than the manual stated, that's just burning cash. Cars these days will run on Gasohol, they seems a bit more sluggish!, but they works. I do try to use pure 91 once in a couple of month, but hey that's just me thinking that it'll clean more gunk out of the valves.

The one un-answered question is what the heck is the differences between gasohol-95 and Vpower 95. Both have 10% ethanol!!!:blink:

The one un-answered question is what the heck is the differences between gasohol-95 and Vpower 95. Both have 10% ethanol!!!

My Audi run much better on 95 VPower + appear to use less than the normal gasohol-95

There is a question, what is with all the little huts everywhere that sell 2* and 4*, from my Village to the main road 7 km, there are 9.... Is that the old non gasohol stuff ?

Edited by ignis

In our small village and even in the much larger village on highway 201, NONE of the gas stations have gasohol.

The price of regular 91 octane is 42 baht per liter and about 34 baht for 91 gasohol. I have to drive 30 kilometers to be able to buy 91 or 95 octane gasohol or 50 kilometers to find E20 gasohol. My car requires E20, 95 octane regular or 95 octane gasohol.