Democrats Will Solve Economic Issues Before The House Dissolution

Lite Beer

Democrat will solve economic issues before the House dissolution

BANGKOK, 13 February 2011 (NNT)-Democrat Party Spokesperson, Dr Buranaj Smutharaks, has revealed that the Government is taking actions on boosting the Thai economy before the House dissolution occurs.

Dr. Buranaj said the government’s efforts are not only aimed at the economy as a whole, it is also pushing for an increase in households ‘earning, minimum wage and a lower cost of living for Thai people as emphasized in the Pracha Wiwat policy. He further added that the Government will also look into the 3G bidding process.

Dr. Buranaj is reportedly urging the Opposition to hold a censure debate soon as the Prime Minister is ready for the House dissolution to return the power to Thai people.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-02-13 footer_n.gif

in a global crisis and after the last year devastating floods I wouldn't expect any improvements in economy.

there is no political will to help needy - the ruling political party, backed by the army, represents interests of an elite, which doesn't want any social change.

all those are empty promises, before the comming elections. As usual, we might only see some tweaking with statistics, showing how well they done

And does anyone believe him?

If he does manage this, he'll replace Buddha, Christ, Mohammed and every other 'saviour' the world has ever seen.

The man is an idiot, with delusions.

He will replace Takki, or even more, we will forget Takki.

And does anyone believe him?

If he does manage this, he'll replace Buddha, Christ, Mohammed and every other 'saviour' the world has ever seen.

The man is an idiot, with delusions.

absolutely correct - what they do now is nothing but vote buying government subsidies for everything - until the elections - ones they are over the people are going to pay!

Also the man is naive if he thinks the house will be disolved soon - the Democrats are not allowed to dissolve the house by the people with the real power - if Abhisit should go ahead against their orders and dissolves the house and calls new elections the military will not allow that power is given "back to the people" - they are scared shi..less that a certain party might be winning the elections and then they are history.

Thailand is not run by civilian governments - they are only allowed to be the "puppets" for a certain time - Thailand is run by a bunch of old men who have lost touch with reality and they will go down fighting and they don't care if they ruin the country in the process - they fear one more thing much more then the loss of power - irrelevance - nobody needs them anymore and they know it so they hang on as long as they can - see Mubarak who has robbed his country blind (apparently he has 40 -70 billion $ stashed away) - same as they do here -the people who pretend every day here what they do for their country don't give a dam_n about their country - power and personal gain is all they care about!!

So now I feel better! Have a nice Sunday!

Here is a related thread from just 4 days ago!!

Elections still on, promises Abhisit

http://www.thaivisa....omises-abhisit/

Did he change his mind already?:lol:

Well no suprises here then

No dissolution 'if it causes woes'By THE NATION ON SUNDAY

Published on February 13, 2011

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva reiterated yesterday he would not dissolve Parliament if doing that would cause political turmoil or meant problems would not be solved.

He was responding to comments made by Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha that it wasn't the right time for a dissolution, as the country wasfacing problems.

Abhisit had earlier expressed a desire to dissolve the House by March after changes to the constitution were passed.

The PM said he had no idea what House Speaker Chai Chidchob meant when he said the government could unlock the mystery about February 18. Abhisit said he only knew that it was Makha Bucha Day, which is observed by Buddhists.

Chai was giving an interview to reporters when a question as to the significance of February 18, apart from being Makha Bucha Day, popped up.

Abhisit said he was obligated to submit amendments to the charter for Royal approval within 20 days but if the Opposition filed a complaint with the Constitution Court that the changes were not legitimate, he would have to suspend submission until after the court ruling.

Democrat Party spokesman Buranat Samutrak said yesterday that political moves outside Parliament - such as rallies of several political groups- would be an important factor in determining when the House would be dissolved.

Now what was the other reason for not calling an election?

One thing is certain: by the end of December 2011 the house will have reached it's last legal day if still in session. If that happens the EC will call new general elections to be held within 45 days (or is it 60 for Gen. Elec.?).

Any house dissolution before that date is a possibility, but not legally necessary. Any discussion on 'why / why not' seems more related to opinions than facts. Interesting no doubt. Can we wait with House dissolution till at least AFTER the censure debate assuming PTP will or can give us a firm date on that ;)

Forgive me for the lack of vitriol, but this is an article of a Democrat MP saying that the Abhisit-led coalition will be

taking actions on boosting the Thai economy before the House dissolution occurs

I can't see anything conspiratorial here, I'm sorry.

As for promises to dissolve the House... well, from above reports now is a good time to call it, but he can't because PT still don't have a prime ministerial candidate. If the situation seriously deteriorates in a month or so because, for example, there are unidentified people running around with grenade launchers, well then maybe the environment might not be right to hold elections at that time.

(Which, by the way, was also the case last May. I must say that the vast majority of Red Shirts I have spoken to do not complain that elections weren't offered immediately, as it was clear that elections there and then would not be the model of democracy that the Reds claim they want.)

I'm not really sure what the above comments dismissing this as justification for some kind of imperial measure are on about, I'm afraid! It must be my lack of education or something.

Edited by Pi Sek