Hitler And Candy

Somtamnication

<br />
<br />Although JT doesn't seem to like to acknowledge the fact, the Swastika was around in Eastern religion centuries before the nazis copied it as their logo.<br /><br />
<br />Not even close! Any educated person knows about the Asian origin swastikas. It's not a matter of like or not like. In the issue presented by the OP, however, there is no ambiguous meaning swastika, there is a clearly presented and LABELED image of Hitler. It really annoys me when people completely distort what I have said, so please focus on your own thoughts, and let me speak for myself.<br />

My cat looks more like Hitler than that 'image'

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm but Jingthing is right. It was about "Hitler" being used to market a product. It isn't about Swastikas. I suppose f I were a marine engine manufacturer I could launch an advertising campaign with the statement about my engines "Strong enough to tow a boatload of terrified Rohingya refugees out to sea", with a cartoon of screaming people. Or if I was a toy manufacturer, I could market toys as "a torture kit just like Pol Pot's forces used", along the lines of the medical instrument toys or how about a kitchen container manufacturer that used a caricature with of a foetus and the slogan " tight enough to keep your curry powder fresh and dry?

They are using the name Hitler to indicate nastyness or an evil being . Not glorifying the name. No big deal really...Farang tink to mut

I totally agree it's no big deal, but I also question whether it sells candy.

The kids buying the candy wouldnt even know who Hitler was ...All they see are some cute images

Maybe. I do kind of like the SHOCKED icon right under the Hitler icon. Maybe they are more sophisticated than we give them credit for. In any case, all whoever paid for the ad cares about is whether people buy their sugar bombs.

biggrin.gif Oh the burden.

Maybe. I do kind of like the SHOCKED icon right under the Hitler icon. Maybe they are more sophisticated than we give them credit for. In any case, all whoever paid for the ad cares about is whether people buy their sugar bombs.

biggrin.gif Oh the burden.

I got your point and it is funny, but imagine if some candy company did the same kind of campaign in the US with cute little POL POT icons on candy? Not that they would as westerners generally don't know what PP looked like, or if he had a moustache. Like I said, the Hitler sweets aren't a big deal, but doesn't it make you wonder what they were (or weren't) thinking?

I too find it frustrating that people keep referring to HITLER as a swastika, they are trying to sound smart by repeatedly pointing out that the swastika is an asian symbol etc etc... but all they are doing is showing they cant read worth a dam_n because NO WHERE is this about the swastika lol. Its a picture of hitlers FACE and its labelled HITLER. No ambiguity here, its all very clear, there is NO swastika so stop bloody talking about it like youre all so dam_n smart. Imagine right here Im telling you how mentally disabled some of you are...but Im not, just imagine I am.

I too find it frustrating that people keep referring to HITLER as a swastika, they are trying to sound smart by repeatedly pointing out that the swastika is an asian symbol etc etc... but all they are doing is showing they cant read worth a dam_n because NO WHERE is this about the swastika lol. Its a picture of hitlers FACE and its labelled HITLER. No ambiguity here, its all very clear, there is NO swastika so stop bloody talking about it like youre all so dam_n smart. Imagine right here Im telling you how mentally disabled some of you are...but Im not, just imagine I am.

Yes yes, but wasn't Hitler's great-grandma Chinese? That would make it alright to have his face on some Asian candy advert. :rolleyes:

Flag shop in Bo Sang often has Nazi flags outside.

I almost bought a big swastika flag to hang outside my house, just for a bit of fun.

World war 2 was over 70 years ago, who cares, forgive and forget.

If it's OK for a former member of the Hitler youth to be pope, surely it's all over.

Edited by pjclark1

I almost bought a big swastika flag to hang outside my house, just for a bit of fun.

If it's OK for a former member of the Hitler youth to be pope, surely it's all over.

The difference is that the Pope was a youth obliged to serve, with no record of atrocities, has it said it was a wrongful act and has expressed remorse.

If you go in to a flag shop and intentionally purchase the flag knowing full well what it represents and the history that surrounds it, then it speaks volumes about your absence of decency and any semblance of understanding right from wrong. Some of the D-Day survivors are still around and as old as they are, they are more man than you'll ever be and would probably whup your butt because they remember a friend that died on that day or was murdered while taken as a POW just so you could have the right to run your mouth.

A pox on you.

The difference is that the Pope was a youth obliged to serve, with no record of atrocities, has it said it was a wrongful act and has expressed remorse.

If you go in to a flag shop and intentionally purchase the flag knowing full well what it represents and the history that surrounds it, then it speaks volumes about your absence of decency and any semblance of understanding right from wrong. Some of the D-Day survivors are still around and as old as they are, they are more man than you'll ever be and would probably whup your butt because they remember a friend that died on that day or was murdered while taken as a POW just so you could have the right to run your mouth.

A pox on you.

Just out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if it was a Confederate flag?

I was only obeying zee orders!

How many Nazis used that old excuse?

How many got way with using that old excuse? ...... apart from the pope?

Nobody fought for me, I would have been just as happy with a Nazi Europe as I am with a capitalist Europe. Only the communists held out any hope for the western world, and they didn't hold out all that much hope.

Edited by pjclark1

A pox on you.

Just out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if it was a Confederate flag?

If the person who wished to buy a nazi flag also wished to display a Confederate flag Thailand, to have some fun upsetting the neighbours, I would have the same opinion.

(I

If the person who wished to buy a nazi flag also wished to display a Confederate flag Thailand, to have some fun upsetting the neighbours, I would have the same opinion.

(I

Now you are deliberately mis-quoting me.

Who said anything about upsetting the neighbors?

Not me, I don't live near white men, only Thais. I've not even seen any white men on my Mooban.

They like pretty flags, and lets face it, Nazi Germany had all the best looking flags and symbolism.

And while I'm at it.

Flags never kill anyone, but the person used as your Avatar may well have killed a few women and children.

Justify that to me, if you can.

Edited by pjclark1

When Hitler and I used to hang out together he never did tell me how much he loved chocolate. We did share similar painting interests, though. I only thought about it while eating my package of Ferrero Rocher chocolate coated nuts I got from my Valentines sweetheart. :lol:

(I

Now you are deliberately mis-quoting me.

Who said anything about upsetting the neighbors?

Not me, I don't live near white men, only Thais. I've not even seen any white men on my Mooban.

They like pretty flags, and lets face it, Nazi Germany had all the best looking flags and symbolism.

And while I'm at it.

Flags never kill anyone, but the person used as your Avatar may well have killed a few women and children.

Justify that to me, if you can.

I did not quote you. You did however state that you had contemplated purchasing a nazi flag to hang outside your home for some fun. Hardly, the most rational of sentiments. What kind of fun were you planning? Do normal well adjusted males have such fantasies?

So what if you don't live near a "white" man? The issue is the concept of right and wrong, and it is something you obviously cannot understand. First you attempt to deflect responsibility by referencing the pope who has absolutely no connection to this thread or your desire to display nazi memorabilia, and next you flail about trying to disparage a heart warming image of man's best friend. The avatar which you disparage is a dog used to detect UXO so that it can be disarmed and not go off killing civilians. It is hardly a violent or hateful avatar, but is one of solace and comfort.

You are digging yourself an even digger hole when you praise Nazi symbols. Again, I do not believe that this is the behaviour of of someone quite their. Is this reference to nazi symbols a cry for attention or what? Is the intent to get some people angry? Grow up.