Typing In Thai On A Mac Book

kamahele

I have two Mac Books purchased in the USA which utilize MS Office. While I can type in Thai when I change the computer language, my Mac cannot recognize Thai characters in any documents from the outside. Is there a solution to this problem? I haven't been able to find one using Apple support sites but thought another foreigner living in Thailand might have the solution.

Many thanks in advance,

I have the same problem. Bought the Macbook in BKK!!!, everytime I update the OFFICE, I'll lose the fonts.

Have u tried talking to the iMac store? Apparently they can download thai fonts onto your thumb drive and basically u install it onto your macbook. I havn't yet as I simply don't use the fonts/thai language enough :rolleyes:

If you just want to "read" it

Simply mark all [command]+[A]

Then [command]+[T]

And select a build in font

Mac Os comes with compatibly fonts (back from the os9 times) which are Native Thai, they have names of Towns in Thailand like "thonburi"

If they not in the font list, you can install thai support from your osx install dvd.

If you just want to "read" it

Simply mark all [command]+[A]

Then [command]+[T]

And select a build in font

Mac Os comes with compatibly fonts (back from the os9 times) which are Native Thai, they have names of Towns in Thailand like "thonburi"

If they not in the font list, you can install thai support from your osx install dvd.

I do not use Microsoft office on my macbook pro or my iMac.

But I have Thai keyboard ticked in Preferences, Language and Text,

Also, "allow a different one in each document" selected.

Keyboard character view selected.

( I brought my mac's from Thailand)

I (my girlfriend) never has a problem typing in Thai as long as the Thai keyboard is selected.

As long as you have Thai fonts downloaded onto your mac, then logically any program running should use the fonts desired.

You can use keyboard view or get an overlay for the keyboard in Thai to choose the right key if you brought your mac in another country.

I am sure you can find the solution on the mac website for downloading more fonts and as already said, set up from your install dvd.