How Would Thailand Fare If Attacked Militarily?

Mishathebear

Could the Thai's defend themselves against a modern air force delivering an aerial attack?

No, few countries in the world are constantly prepared to repel an aerial attack.

1. Israel

2. The Korean peninsula

3. Parts of the Indian/Pakistan border..

The neighbors would not intervene. Japan might for economic reasons. The US certainly would, though I doubt it would go nuclear for Thailand.

Why would the elites leave the country? They can't be elites elsewhere. Why do you think Thaskin wants back so badly.

Would the US come to help immediately when Thailand is attacked or months later (like Kuwait in 1991)? Is it in the US best interest to defend Thailand?

well as I am not in the NCA I am only guessing.

But you need to drill down your questions a bit more.

You said an aerial attack.

Kind of a moot point to show up to defend an aerial attack in progress.

The Kuwaiti deal had to take months because it was an invasion. I know in your computer game times goes by quickly.

Of course it is in the US best interest to defend Thailand. Americans love cheap products

Ok we have this fictional scenario. The Generals of Estovakia have been insulted by the Thai media. As a result they want to shut down the Thai media industry. So they plan to send 150 aircraft in a lightning aerial attack armed with cruise missiles and laser guided bombs to destroy press hubs, TV stations, soap opera production studios, talent agencies bla bla bla.

It is 4:23 PM and the attack starts. Thaivisa urgent updates reports explosions heard in Silom and Sukhumvit. So now what happens next.

We wait until we are finished eating our afternoon snacks then go outside to see if our favorite snack seller is ok. Next.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the Thai's defend themselves against a modern air force delivering an aerial attack?

No, few countries in the world are constantly prepared to repel an aerial attack.

1. Israel

2. The Korean peninsula

The neighbors would not intervene. Japan might for economic reasons. The US certainly would, though I doubt it would go nuclear for Thailand.

Why would the elites leave the country? They can't be elites elsewhere. Why do you think Thaskin wants back so badly.

Would the US come to help immediately when Thailand is attacked or months later (like Kuwait in 1991)? Is it in the US best interest to defend Thailand?

The Kuwaiti deal had to take months because it was an invasion. I know in your computer game times goes by quickly.

Of course it is in the US best interest to defend Thailand. Americans love cheap products

Ok we have this fictional scenario. The Generals of Estovakia have been insulted by the Thai media. As a result they want to shut down the Thai media industry. So they plan to send 150 aircraft in a lightning aerial attack armed with cruise missiles and laser guided bombs to destroy press hubs, TV stations, soap opera production studios, talent agencies bla bla bla.

It is 4:23 PM and the attack starts. Thaivisa urgent updates reports explosions heard in Silom and Sukhumvit. So now what happens next.

Ok. This is more fun than why you can't get laid.

were going to pretend that Estovakia is no further away than Vietnam.

150 warplanes launch a surprise attack to knock out limited targets. (Media)

What happens next?

150 plane package would probably be around 50 targets. Assume a 90% hit ratio the BDA would probably be 45 out of 50 targets destroyed. 5 nearby neighborhoods would not fare so well.

Out of the 150 planes, maybe 1 or 2 would not make the return sortie due to mechanical reasons. None would be intercepted or shot down.

All this is based on the premise this is an utter surprise. No saber rattling prior, no intel assets reporting the unusual amount of military activity. Complete surprise.

Maybe in 24-36 hrs the Thai's could respond in kind, but without the surprise.

Is there a temple involved in this?

Is there a temple involved in this?

No temple involved. Estrovakian airforce not allowed to hits target like hospitals, schools, temples.

We wait until we are finished eating our afternoon snacks then go outside to see if our favorite snack seller is ok. Next.

Wait till 5PM to go and see which bar is not damaged and still offer Happy Hour :D

This thread is kind of pointless, but I'll bite. Do you think filthy rich Japan would be able to defend themselves if dirt poor North Korea were to invade? I think not. The Japanese ambassador would camp out in the Oval Office begging the USA for help (of course, the US already has military presence in Japan).

When would the US intervene? It depends on the level of hostility. The US doesn't get much involved in minor squabbles, such as border disputes (Thailand/Cambodia) or decades-old feud (India/Pakistan)...heck, the DMZ has had minor skirmishes for years. But if, say, North Korea were to invade South Korea, then yes, the US would step in. It's all about regional stability.

As to how well Thailand could defend themselves...pretty darn good, I'd say. As long as it wasn't China doing the invading. But really, what country out there can defend themselves well? Aside from Israel, no one's really had to deal with foreign invaders on a routine basis.

South Korea and Indonesia could kick Thailand's arse.

Thailand could kick Malaysias, Cambodias, Burmas and Laos' arse.

South Korea has a great military, but Indonesia's air force would be annihilated. Malaysia's is more powerful and could destroy them too. If Indonesia wants to launch an attack on someone they're gonna have to stick with East Timor or Papua New Guinea.

Only nations capable doing anything are US and China.

South Korea and Indonesia could kick Thailand's arse.

Thailand could kick Malaysias, Cambodias, Burmas and Laos' arse.

South Korea has a great military, but Indonesia's air force would be annihilated. Malaysia's is more powerful and could destroy them too. If Indonesia wants to launch an attack on someone they're gonna have to stick with East Timor or Papua New Guinea.

Only nations capable doing anything are US and China.

China is incapable of conducting an amphibious landing. Only the US or UK can do that.

1. Israel

2. The Korean peninsula

What happens next?

150 plane package would probably be around 50 targets. Assume a 90% hit ratio the BDA would probably be 45 out of 50 targets destroyed. 5 nearby neighborhoods would not fare so well.

Out of the 150 planes, maybe 1 or 2 would not make the return sortie due to mechanical reasons. None would be intercepted or shot down.

All this is based on the premise this is an utter surprise. No saber rattling prior, no intel assets reporting the unusual amount of military activity. Complete surprise.

You mean that it would take even longer for the Thais to respond if it is an "out of the blue" attack?

Enemy forces would halt any advance at Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza . . . the Pattaya beach landings would advance no further than 2nd Road.

Within six months Thai Visa would have to install new military specification servers to handle all the 'Why is the electric bill for my condo 17,000 baht a month?' and 'Where is the best place to buy gold for my GF?' and 'Why do so many buffalo get sick here?' threads.

Enemy forces would then be repelled by a woman at Immigration at the Vientiane consulate office, refusing anymore Tourist/Invasion visas and extensions of stay. Some of the enemy would be captured at Suvarnabhumi departures with an overstay and robbed of their last few satang. A few will be accused of stealing cartons of cigarettes from the duty free and water-boarded accordingly.

A few daring soldiers that make it past 2nd Road will be found in years to come dug in, in the Issan region, having built replica bases with 2m high fortifications made of low quality cinder block. The officers will have dug moats around their follies. These too eventually get repelled by mother-in-laws demanding new SUV's and insufficient resources to satisfy the Non-Combatant 'O-dear-me' visa requirements. They too will be relieved of their personal effects on the way to the embassy to see if they're still entitled to an airlift out of theatre.

Enemy forces would halt any advance at Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza . . . the Pattaya beach landings would advance no further than 2nd Road.

Within six months Thai Visa would have to install new military specification servers to handle all the 'Why is the electric bill for my condo 17,000 baht a month?' and 'Where is the best place to buy gold for my GF?' and 'Why do so many buffalo get sick here?' threads.

Enemy forces would then be repelled by a woman at Immigration at the Vientiane consulate office, refusing anymore Tourist/Invasion visas and extensions of stay. Some of the enemy would be captured at Suvarnabhumi departures with an overstay and robbed of their last few satang. A few will be accused of stealing cartons of cigarettes from the duty free and water-boarded accordingly.

A few daring soldiers that make it past 2nd Road will be found in years to come dug in, in the Issan region, having built replica bases with 2m high fortifications made of low quality cinder block. The officers will have dug moats around their follies. These too eventually get repelled by mother-in-laws demanding new SUV's and insufficient resources to satisfy the Non-Combatant 'O-dear-me' visa requirements. They too will be relieved of their personal effects on the way to the embassy to see if they're still entitled to an airlift out of theatre.

This is funny! Just peed myself laughing but it is so true :)

This is funny! Just peed myself laughing but it is so true :)

I thought it was happening already, every single day.

Nice to see the crappy stereotypical Thai bashing from early in the thread died out.

EDIT: Really? You just peed yourself? Ew.

Edited by Slip

Wait till 5PM to go and see which bar is not damaged and still offer Happy Hour :D

You all forgot about the paperwork and rubber stamps before anyone moves. :unsure:

[

What happens next?

This thread is pointless, but sounds fun. Regardless the OP seems to be playing too much Ace Combat on Xbox obviously. The Estovakia in the game has a big aerial fleet of Sukhoi 35 and 37s which are equipped with radar jammers and these planes can be heavily loaded with laser bombs and cruise missiles. From my point of view Thailand does not have the means to counter any Estovakian attack whether by surprise or planned. However the Royal Thai Army and Airforce will certainly offer token defence and fire all their anti aircraft gun and missiles. It will be like Baghdad by night. Some dumb party goers will think it is fireworks.

Certainly the Estokviakis will be able to take out the complete media outlets within hours and great despair will be in Thailand as the people will not be able to watch their useless lakorns and celebs for weeksfor months. Suicide rates among soap opera fans and jobless actors / actresses will be so high.

If it is a one time strike then the US will not do anything than condeming and saber rattling against Estovakia. However they will send their carriers to the GUlf of Andaman to prevent further strikes.

The high society and generals will flee like rats to Malaysia or somewhere safe as soon as the first missile strikes. Celebs will appear on TV talking some patriotic BS and telling the people to sacrifice themselves for Thailand before fleeing in a private jet to where ever.

Hpwever you might want to tell us more about why Estovakia wants to attack Thailand

Chinese tanks might make it to Bangkok in a few days assuming they didn't let the Thai traffic jams and drivers get in their way. They could just drive over everyone. Mind you there might be some delays as kathoeys and working girls mounted hey you hansum man want massage attacks terrifying the Chinese troops. Phukets tuk tuk mafia might engage in swarming attacks unless they were paid off.

Chinese tanks might make it to Bangkok in a few days assuming they didn't let the Thai traffic jams and drivers get in their way. They could just drive over everyone. Mind you there might be some delays as kathoeys and working girls mounted hey you hansum man want massage attacks terrifying the Chinese troops. Phukets tuk tuk mafia might engage in swarming attacks unless they were paid off.

By land I can see. But the Jet ski mafia would not let anyone in by sea unless they paid for the damage to the jet skis.

The Tuks Tuks swarms would be easily overrun by the tanks so no need to pay off

Thailand would fare very well if they where commanded by some top people , they have some up to date equipment and munitions,But it would not come to that , there would be skirmishes as have been for years , just not reported , Like the war thats going on down south on the boarder with Malaysia,. Same of Thai troops are American trained,

Well, for one thing, all the drunks in Pattaya would get upset when their source of booze got shut off, and the night ladies would be as pissed off as their customers. Ever seen a non reasoning drunk attack a superior force? They just don't give a dam and are quite dangerous. The ladies would be especially dangerous. They don't want to lose their source of income. Then, considering that Pattaya is now run by the Russian mafia there would be some SERIOUS repercussions that would go right back to Moskow who would intervene with their out dated tanks and aircraft. :whistling:

Oh, please...

On many counts

mfr_closed1.gif

Are you implying that we are supposed to be serious here? :lol:

What do you want closed, the ridiculous posts or the replies?

Of course, we COULD turn the forum into a questions and answers forum... like where can I get the best pizza, or how do I get to the Bangkok bus station. B)

Oh, please...

On many counts

mfr_closed1.gif

Of course, we COULD turn the forum into a questions and answers forum... like where can I get the best pizza, or how do I get to the Bangkok bus station. B)

Ian, where's the best place to get a proper Issan pizza with fish heads, toasted bugs and pineapple?

What happens next?

Everything here is a hypothetical scenario, meaning the imaginary outcome could be equally hypothetical.

So really, I would think that the invaders would in fact be spotted well before they reached their targets, they would intercept the incoming fleet with a surface to air cruise missile with a h-bomb warhead attached to it, that it borrowed from Russia on the quiet because they don't like Estovakia either. That would knock every one of the jets out of the air, and the resulting radioactive fallout would rain down on the farms of Thailand producing hugely mutated vegetation, resulting in the production costs of som tam falling to 5 satang per Kilo.

Thailand would then become the universal exporter on veg based thai foods worldwide, and the massive economical input would enable them to start their own space program and star wars project so that it may guard its borders with the most sophisticated laser based weaponry known to man.

Then it would claim the moon and fill it with billboard advertisements that were so collosal in size that they would be clearly visible from the great wall of China.

Edited by newsite12

What happens next?

Everything here is a hypothetical scenario, meaning the imaginary outcome could be equally hypothetical.

So really, I would think that the invaders would in fact be spotted well before they reached their targets, they would intercept the incoming fleet with a surface to air cruise missile with a h-bomb warhead attached to it, that it borrowed from Russia on the quiet because they don't like Estovakia either. That would knock every one of the jets out of the air, and the resulting radioactive fallout would rain down on the farms of Thailand producing hugely mutated vegetation, resulting in the production costs of som tam falling to 5 satang per Kilo.

Thailand would then become the universal exporter on veg based thai foods worldwide, and the massive economical input would enable them to start their own space program and star wars project so that it may guard its borders with the most sophisticated laser based weaponry known to man.

Then it would claim the moon and fill it with billboard advertisements that were so collosal in size that they would be clearly visible from the great wall of China.

So ultimately a regional nuclear holocaust would only result in Thailand becoming a hub of champion growers. Wonderful logic with which I fully agree. You've been here a while haven't you? I can tell. So have I. :crazy:

56678348.jpg

The winner of Pattaya Champion Growers Association 2011 post-nuclear holocaust competition pumpkin group earlier today.

Oh, please...

On many counts

mfr_closed1.gif

Don't close - just move it to where the deep thinkers hang out on TV - Bedlam. :lol:

Oh, please...

On many counts

mfr_closed1.gif

Don't close - just move it to where the deep thinkers hang out on TV - Bedlam. :lol:

Oh, purleeze.... OTB, leave the mentalist sanctuary free of this stuff.