Broadband In Cha Am

JimmyGreaves

I got mine through TOT two weeks ago. I'm in HH though, not Cha Am. Don't know if that should make any difference.

So far so good. I'm getting a pretty stable 180-215 kbs on a 256 modem. Does that make sense? A friend tells me it's not bad for my modem.

The modem itself cost me 3,000 (was told I was ripped off and it should have been 2,200). Line is 500 per month. I'm happy. Anything is an improvement on dial up.

Steer clear of TT&T Imax (I think that's the name). There's a thread on it in the computer section. Friends in HH have had the same problems as BKK and cancelled their subscriptions.

Since 10 August 2005 I have TOT-ADSL at my home in Phetchaburi-city. So, we're in the same province. It took 14 days to get a new line and the ASDL-connection. It works fine for me. It isn't perfect. But according to ADSL-forums, nowehere in Thailand ASDL is perfect. :o I've a 1024/256 ADSL connection and costs 1,000 Baht per month. Modem was free at a 12 month contract but had to pay something like 1,300 baht for installation/connection costs.

Combined downloadings give speeds of about 950 Kbps. Thats quite good as Windows XP reserves some bandwidth. Port forwarding for P2P (MSN, Bittorrent, etc) is easy to do if you are a little bit familiar with ADSL setting-names. Generally I'm most happy with having it. :D (for four years I had dial-up in Cha Am and Phetchaburi-city)

Contact TOT in Phetchaburi-city not in Cha Am.

Petch01

My next door neighbor just got ADSL through TOT landline last week, and it's such an improvement over dial-up and Loxinfo that he's ecstatic. We're at the southern end of Hua Hin. They have three programs, costing 500, 700, and the last option may be 1,000 baht/month, each option twice as fast as the previous option. You can make or receive landline voice calls while connected to ADSL, and for private parties, there's no hourly fees.

The modem that must be purchased varies in price depending on promotions; I think my neighbor was quoted 2,950 baht and got it for 2,400.