Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

My wife got the SMS today ( 5 weeks and 2 days ) saying the applications are ready to collect. - Her and her two children. She wont be able to get to VFS until next Tuesday, so a long wait now. I wasnt expecting it to be this quick. we submitted the application without a custody paper. luckily the embassy phoned my wife and asked for this paper.

i have a good feeling about this, but you just dont know. hope it is good news

Everything (fingers and toes) crossed for you Kunash.... Its gonna seem like forever till Tuesday !!!.... Good luck and report back.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone

I've been reading the posts for a week or two and thought it about time to share my recent experience. My fiancee applied for a UK settlement visa on 22nd July (4 weeks ago) She received a phone call last week from the British Embassy saying that my divorce certificate had not been included in the papers she submitted and that she could forward a copy to them - I was amazed that we had the opportunity to correct the missing paperwork rather than an outright refusal. Luckily I was with her in Thailand at the time and had copies of my papers with me. We used a visa agent in Pattaya more for the benefit of my other half than for me - the agent assures me that my divorce certificate was included in the submitted documents - another mystery missing paperwork story hey?????

Will keep you posted as to the progress and thanks to all of you for the great input.

Hi Everyone

I've been reading the posts for a week or two and thought it about time to share my recent experience. My fiancee applied for a UK settlement visa on 22nd July (4 weeks ago) She received a phone call last week from the British Embassy saying that my divorce certificate had not been included in the papers she submitted and that she could forward a copy to them - I was amazed that we had the opportunity to correct the missing paperwork rather than an outright refusal. Luckily I was with her in Thailand at the time and had copies of my papers with me. We used a visa agent in Pattaya more for the benefit of my other half than for me - the agent assures me that my divorce certificate was included in the submitted documents - another mystery missing paperwork story hey?????

Will keep you posted as to the progress and thanks to all of you for the great input.

Good luck for you and your wife. They are processing the applications quicker now, so you may have your answer in a week or two.

I have added you to the list

Edited by kunash

My wife arrived in Bangkok this afternoon and went straight to VFS to collect the application. and it is GOOD NEWS. three passports stamped with the settlement visa. we are both very happy. lots to think about now and prepare. Thanks to everyone who helped answer any questions i had during the application process. without the hep of this forum it would have been a lot harder.

as i said before, we actually submitted the application without a custody paper for one of my step children, but we did submit court papers saying one had been granted. The embassy could have refused the appiication because of this, but luckily they phoned my wife and asked for it.

Can someone please update the waiting list from now onn.

cheers

shadyacres29, 7th March- 1st April = 3 weeks and 5 days, successful

tigerjohn 15th March- 26th May = 10 weeks and 3 days, successful

englishinsiam, 28thMarch - 12thMay = 6 weeks and 4days, successful (compassionategrounds)

contractor, 31st March - 1st June = 8 weeks and 6 days,successful

neilo, 5th April -9th June = 9 weeks and 2 days,successful

samcled, 5th April - 14thJune = 10 weeks,successful

thaiscouse, 7th April - 22ndJune = 10 weeks and 6 days,successful

lingyaiyai, 11th April - 24th June = 10 weeks and 4days, successful

storeman, 12th April - 27 June = 10 weeks and 5days, successful

space1999, 5th April - 5th July = 12 weeks and 6days, successful

brynpugh, 7th April - 8thJuly = 12 weeks and 4 days, Refused

farrangkeenok, 17th May - 12th July = 7 weeks, Successful

leafmould, 11th May - 14th July = 7 weeks and 6 days, Successful

keith1, 20th May - 15thJuly = 8 weeks, Successful

geordiephil,19th May - 20thJuly = 8 weeks and 6 days, Refused

stabbo-lad, 25th May - 27th July = 9 weeks, Successful

aland2012, 26th May - 28th July = 9 weeks, Successful

all4one, 27th May - 29th July = 9 weeks, Successful

jasonr3255, 20th May - 29th July = 10 weeks, successful

POMCHOB, 26thMay - 29th July = 9 weeks and 1 day, Refused

spider0064,6th June - 28th July = 7 weeks and 3 days,Successful

chronos, 27th May - 1st August = 9 weeks and3 days, Successful

brumdave, 9th June - 2nd August = 7weeks and 5 days, Successful

housepainter, 17thJune - 2nd August = 6 weeks and 4 days,Successful

cleverD, 9th June - 8th August =8 weeks and 4 days, Successful

wanthony, 28thJune - 8th August = 5 weeks and 6 days, Successful

Kunash, 13th July - 19th August = 5 weeks and 2 days, Successful

markie53, 22nd July = 4 weeks and 3 days.... waiting

Hi Malc and welcome to what will no doubt prove a very useful forum for you and your other half. Be prepaired for what will seem like the longest wait of your lifetime, stay calm and think positive because good things come to he who waits.

I set of for work this morning and while on the train at 5-30 did my daily check of the progress for Bow's (my fiancee) visa application. I was amazed to see that VFS's website said her passport was ready for collection. We paid for the SMS service but as many others have mentioned - the SMS did not materialise so keep an eye on the internet on a daily basis. I called Bow as soon as I got off the train and to her credit she sprinted off to the british embassy in Bangkok straight away - within an hour came the call that she had her passport and...........................its a YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm sure others will agree that the wait is awful and receiving the positive outcome is such a relief. On a final upbeat note, Bow's fiancee visa application was approved in under 5 weeks - good luck to you all

Mark

I am pleased for you and all the best for the future.

We have requested the date of travel to be the 2nd Oct which is really pushing our luck, But i will be back in thailand in 3 weeks time for our honeymoon, so it would be nice to bring my wife back home with me, but also we have to be ready for the long wait.

So far everything has gone better than i thought, Great hotel with a business center that i have been able to use the Printer,

We Check out of the hotel today and go to wireless road and then off to Jomtien for the weekend.

Regarding the processing period, they have cut the time down by half.

Malc

englishinsiam, 28thMarch - 12thMay = 6 weeks and 4days, successful (compassionategrounds)

markie53, 22nd July - 25th August = 4 weeks and 6 days. Successful - And very quick too

Malct 26th August = Waiting

well done markie. let the good times roll.

i got some cheap flights at gulf air if you are interested.

Thanks Kunash and indeed let the good times roll! - I really appreciate the cheap flight info but have booked Bow a one way with British Airways to save her changing flights - I'm sure her first long haul will be traumatic enough as it is, mind you its cost me £610 for a one way - OWCH :angry:

My wife arrived in Bangkok this afternoon and went straight to VFS to collect the application. and it is GOOD NEWS. three passports stamped with the settlement visa. we are both very happy. lots to think about now and prepare. Thanks to everyone who helped answer any questions i had during the application process. without the hep of this forum it would have been a lot harder.

as i said before, we actually submitted the application without a custody paper for one of my step children, but we did submit court papers saying one had been granted. The embassy could have refused the appiication because of this, but luckily they phoned my wife and asked for it.

Can someone please update the waiting list from now onn.

cheers

Well done Kunash good luck for the future !!

markie53, 22nd July = 4 weeks and 3 days.... waiting

Congrats to both Kunash and Markie....now your life starts lol....the wife has been here now 2 weeks...she's having great fun buying ' winter clothes' !

Thanks Chronos

I'm pretty sure even after the many discussions with my other half that she will arrive in London with just a few pairs of denim shorts thinking I was talking crap about how cold it gets here - lets wait and see but instinct tell me a shopping spree is about to abuse my wallet :blink:

Best wishes to you and your other half for the future buddy.

Markie

I'm pretty sure even after the many discussions with my other half that she will arrive in London with just a few pairs of denim shorts thinking I was talking crap about how cold it gets here.

And this is the height of our summer too !!!! :lol: Just wait till winter gets here :o

My wife, then girlfriend arrived in the UK in Oct 2009 Just before the freezing weather and the Snow!!! Remember on New years Eve in London just out side downing street waiting for big Ben, We gave up at 10pm at night, I thought she was going to die with the Cold.

this time she spent the spring and summer in the UK, she loved the weather.

Malc

Well done boys and yes Denim Shorts are a no no here :-)

We had our baby on Saturday Morning and are planning our trip back to Thailand now. Luckily we are now free to come and go as we please.

Well done with the birth of your little one - hope mum and little one are well. Such a shame about the denim shorts - so so cute.......

Edited by markie53

Well done boys and yes Denim Shorts are a no no here :-)

We had our baby on Saturday Morning and are planning our trip back to Thailand now. Luckily we are now free to come and go as we please.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. :)

Hi guys just thought i would add my story to this thread applied August 10 ,we had phone interview on august 17 nothing out of the ordinary as i read on here someone had their phone interview after 1 week ,so was getting ready for the long wait when my fiancee rang me to tell passport was ready for collection August 23 (tracked it on the website no text alert)so i thought thats it to quick we've had it also she couldnt get to bkk til today Sept 2 just had the longest week of my life my nerves are shot .but good news we got it . I used an agent which i found a great help as they had offices in uk and bkk so took Nipahat for english test ,tb check and also went with her when she presented the application .so now the fun begins looking for flights .So thanks lads and good luck to anyone waiting

Hi guys just thought i would add my story to this thread applied August 10 ,we had phone interview on august 17 nothing out of the ordinary as i read on here someone had their phone interview after 1 week ,so was getting ready for the long wait when my fiancee rang me to tell passport was ready for collection August 23 (tracked it on the website no text alert)so i thought thats it to quick we've had it also she couldnt get to bkk til today Sept 2 just had the longest week of my life my nerves are shot .but good news we got it . I used an agent which i found a great help as they had offices in uk and bkk so took Nipahat for english test ,tb check and also went with her when she presented the application .so now the fun begins looking for flights .So thanks lads and good luck to anyone waiting

[/quote)

Great News robbomcc - That was really quick too! Its amazing how many stories you read in different forums all saying the SMS notification never arrived. It was by chance that I checked the VFS website on the day my Fiancees passport was ready for collection.

Please dont think I'm telling you how to suck eggs but try skyscanner for the flights - great for a comparison. I have booked a one way with BA but cost me £620 but as per my previous post I didn't think it fair to give her the extra stress of a connection.

Very best wishes to both of you and good luck for the future.

Markie

I am pleased for you robbomcc

regarding getting the Visa in good time, did you ask for the Intended date to travel to be August/September, If not, when did you request the your Wife would be able to travel to the UK.

Malc

regarding getting the Visa in good time, did you ask for the Intended date to travel to be August/September, If not, when did you request the your Wife would be able to travel to the UK.

Malc

Hi i showed the registration for marriage was November 28 and the wedding is booked for December 14 and said she was intending to travel ASAP.Cheers Rob

Malc

Malc - Not sure if it helps but I set my wedding day for February 2012 and didn't request a post dated visa - it just about works out that the visa expires 10 days after our wedding day - bye bye honeymoon and hello more paperwork :rolleyes:

That was real quick but then if you see this list here with just one waiting and taking these as an average the number of aplications in at the moment have dropped off.

Get them in now those of you sitting on the fence :-)

hi english

put our 2nd application in on aug 30, heres hoping 2nd time lucky, congrats to all those who have got theres,, now for the long wait,,,or maybe not fingers crossed, yim

Good Luck geordiephil and i hope it goes well for you and your wife.

I am back in Thailand at the end of next week for 2 weeks and i am hoping that we will get the SMS/Email while i am in Thailand which if a yes, then she can come home with me. I have more than my fingers crossed on that one, I have put down the intended date of travel to be the 2nd Oct which is only 5 weeks after submitting the Application and to be honest, i dont think we will hear anything by then.

Malc

Applied for a tourist visa for my girlfriend to Australia, it just got back and it's sitting at the couriers office,we had no questions asked,just sent all necessary paper work, she's at the village with her parents for a week, and can't pick it up,what do you think,has she got it? can i start booking tickets? ahhhhhh,the suspense is killing me....:unsure: