Honest Pattaya Beach Vendors Ask For Help As Jet Ski Cases Continue

Rimmer

Honest Pattaya Beach Vendors ask for help as Jet Ski cases continue

PATTAYA: -- Incidents involving Jet Ski’s are a daily occurrence here in Pattaya and we witnessed one such case take place on Pattaya Beach, in front of the Royal Garden Plaza on Tuesday Night. We were originally tipped-off by the owner of a Speed Boat who operates on the beach. He is angry that the reputation of Pattaya and other businesses along Pattaya Beach are being destroyed because of the Jet Ski Operators who appear to be working in cooperation with local Police in some cases. Our informant, who wishes to remain anonymous claims that tourists are being charged excessive amounts for minor damage which they are alleged to have caused to the machines. In some cases, the damage is genuine, in others it is not.

Full story with pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Well in the case reported in the article it was stated:

a group of Indian Tourists and a Russian Couple, who are believed to have been involved in an accident with their Jet Ski’s.

They therefore shoot themselves in the foot whilst trying to highlight a genuine problem. If the hirer's were indeed involved in an accident then compenstion may be due to the owner. But if the evidence, the video referenced, points to collusion amongst all parties to defraud then maybe they should have alluded to that fact.

It would be too easy to stamp out the problem virtually overnight:

1. City hall in conjunction with some of the leading resorts set up three or four official jet ski operators along the beach (include Jomtien and up that to six or seven).

2. These official operators are given free promotion by the resorts and the tourist people, guides etc who also regularly monitor their activities and rigourously follow up any complaint.

3. ALL other jet ski operators are run out of town and kept out by the police who, for the first time in living memory, actually do the job that goes with the uniform.

4. Signs are prominently displayed in all hotels, guest houses and throughout the town warning people DO NOT hire a jet ski from anyone other than the official operators and to report any unsolicited approach from suspicious characters.

But I think the porcine flying circus will be having snowball fights across the river Styx before that ever happens (particularly #3).

Probably a simpler and more effective solution would be for the rest of the beach vendors to hire a squad of hit men and erase the scum from the face of the earth. Trouble is, like cockroaches, stamp on one and another five appear out of the woodwork.

When will this madness end?

Is it that difficult to find honest police officers in Pattaya who will bust these crooks with and without uniforms?

The madness will end when the bottom of the barrel farrangs stop going to Pattaya. It is the stupid, and desparate's that go there and thai's are waiting for them. They are collected at the airport and transported with a smile into the arms of Pattaya and it's scams. Governments give warnings but the farang still thinks that this little girl 50 yrs younger and her family love me unconditionaly.

The madness will end when the bottom of the barrel farrangs stop going to Pattaya. It is the stupid, and desparate's that go there and thai's are waiting for them. They are collected at the airport and transported with a smile into the arms of Pattaya and it's scams. Governments give warnings but the farang still thinks that this little girl 50 yrs younger and her family love me unconditionaly.

Absolute crap you need to get a life..

Edited by puuchai299

Is it that difficult to find honest police officers in Pattaya who will bust these crooks with and without uniforms?

Sadly it is almost impossible. Any honest police officer out there would be "strongly discouraged" by his "colleagues". :huh:

Sadly it is almost impossible. Any honest police officer out there would be "strongly discouraged" by his "colleagues". :huh:

The question is "Who owns the Jetskis"

Anyone who is intersted the mayor has an open discussion on facebook about the jet ski scam .

http://www.facebook.com/PattayaFuture

Thanks for the link, this opens up more awareness since it will highlight what issues are happening and with facebook being quite a powerfull tool especially in politics etc will hopefully the right people take notice.

• 3 weeks later...

At least the mayor seems to be taking the issue seriously now and joining in a dialogue on it:

Itthiphol Kunplome

Guys, we are working on a solution for the jet ski issue. We could make a big press release but without consistent follow up action and a plan it would be short term solution not long term. K, Stephen i am not regretting opening the page, f...eedback is good, even if its pointing out things that in the past people would prefer not to discuss. I am happy to join the debate and help as long as the discussion is constructive, some comments maybe a bit personalized and not constructive but that's what a public page is..i don't see how the comments like this are useful to the debate but what can we do...

Itthiphol Kunplome K, Andrew, ok yes undercover vdos may work, but there could be a number of issues. The people involved maybe scared off for a day or too but would come back or repeat this scam somewhere else. Additionally even if we caught this particular group pulling the scam it does not stop another group doing the same thing, so we need a more concrete system in place for controlling them.

23 hours ago

Anyone who is intersted the mayor has an open discussion on facebook about the jet ski scam .

I can't find the discussion, and I am not allowed to write on his wall.

didn't see the above posts either...

am I looking at the right place?

As a solution to the jet ski problem, I imagine the city hall has the powers to make it compulsory for operators to acquire a licence to operate the jet skis on the beach?

Edited by manarak

I can't find the discussion, and I am not allowed to write on his wall.

didn't see the above posts either...

am I looking at the right place?

As a solution to the jet ski problem, I imagine the city hall has the powers to make it compulsory for operators to acquire a licence to operate the jet skis on the beach?

Right place - there is a post by Chip Douglass titled "Pattaya Jet Ski Operator to Tourist:

You don’t take pictures or you get hurt” - they are in the 47 comments on it posted yesterday

I clicked on 'like' on the main page and it will now let me comment.

Looks like there are quite a few updates and pictures added by the mayor following a trip to the beach this morning - he does seem to be making an effort.

Itthiphol Kunplome well i can tell you that they did get a bit of a shock as normally when we go out there is a large group and you can see us coming, but i just turned up in my civics clothes and asked them why are you making me so many problems and what makes you think you can behave in this way, its not Thai and its not good, i know your game and your cards are marked...

51 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 3 people

Edited by Orac

• 3 months later...

This has gone nowhere fast.

More scams than ever are taking place and nothing the mayor said they were working on has come to light. I personally saw 4 scams within a 2 hour period this evening. The police depended they paid the scammers, who between all four scams made off with well over $4000 USD.

This is shameful.